Bran is the Night King

Samwell_Tarly

1 minute ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I like the idea, 

Arya has become a warrior ''princess'' to speak

Sansa is a Lady

Bran could become the Summer, a reference to stopping the WWs

Ghost - ????? How do we thing Ghost references Jon?

A ghost is the spiritual remnant of a dead person.  Jon was murdered. :)

19 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

I made my point based on my belief that Bran is indeed the NK.  I think either Arya or Jon kill him in that form...

It doesn't fit into Arya's character progression at all, though. None of the things she learned in Braavos will help her get close to the Night King. 

57 minutes ago, MakeThemBurn said:

It doesn't fit into Arya's character progression at all, though. None of the things she learned in Braavos will help her get close to the Night King. 

I don't think you're receiving the message Jaeharys is sending....

If Bran is the NK, then killing Bran (before he can transfer 3ER to another person) would kill the NK.  I'm not sure I agree that Bran is actually the NK, though I think they absolutely are connected.  Like white space and dark space of the same thing.

23 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I like the idea, 

Arya has become a warrior ''princess'' to speak

Sansa is a Lady

Bran could become the Summer, a reference to stopping the WWs

Ghost - ????? How do we thing Ghost references Jon?

Because Jon has died and been resurrected, becoming something of a "ghost".

I really like this theory and I think it has been outlined very well in this thread. I think it really fits with the style of the story so far and there seems to be evidence and set up pointing in this direction. Bran's story arc has been built up since the beginning of the story and there really has not been much pay off at this point. He has such overpowered abilities they have to come into play towards the finale of the story. So far his character has been quite tragic and I can see it continuing down that path.

I could still see the NK being connected to Bran only in their powerful abilities like a Yin/Yang, light side/dark side type of thing though. Maybe just if the original man converted into the NK was a powerful greenseer that would be enough. My problem with this theory is why did he wait so long to attack the south? Just to build up his armies and wait for a long winter? Doesn't seem like a good enough reason. Surely he could have attacked sooner.

I like the idea that NK/Bran knows he must kill child Bran/3ER at a certain time to stop or continue a cycle. Does he want to end his own life and the suffering he has caused? Does he want to make sure Bran wargs into the original man turned into the NK which ensures his life? Is he really trying to destroy all of humanity because he has been warged so long he has lost sense of his former self? Maybe just launching his attack now because he needs the dragon to break through the wall?

I think it is hard to argue the NK doesn't know the future and how events will play out at this point. The WW all had the ice spears and chains ready for when the dragons came to save Jon and company. The NK could have just speared Jon while he slept if that was his goal. It seemed like a set up for him just to get the dragon. Perhaps the dragon is his only way through the magic put into the wall. Maybe the magic in the wall will also be explained by a Bran time warp where he is involved. Thus the NK needs the dragon as a means to get past a wall his former self set up.

I have another theory about why the WW arrange body parts in the spiral and circle figures. Perhaps this is a way of trying to communicate to child Bran or the humans in general. Possibly pointing to go to or look at the God's eye and Isle of Faces where a climactic moment/face to face with the NK will take place revealing his motivations and history. Or just for Bran to time warp there when the NK was created to warg into him ensuring the creation of Bran/NK.

Who really knows since so little has been given about the NK and WWs. I do think that he is not just an out of control weapon created by the CoF though. Not very fun and interesting if that is what it turns out to be and once again why would he wait so long to attack? That would definitely feel like a let down story wise. So much of the rest of the plot to GoT is layered and nuanced. An out of control WMD as the long set up final enemy is not that interesting...

I'm also hoping we get some insight to the Lord of Light and the powers of the red priests. How did the hound see the vision in the flames? Who is sending that message? If GoT ends with so many major questions left unresolved it's going to feel like we've waited so long just to find out there are huge mysteries left unanswered. I really hope that doesn't happen or things point to there actually being gods (other than maybe all powerful humans like super Bran)

Anways just some of my ramblings on the end game.

11 hours ago, Alehandrew said:

I really like this theory and I think it has been outlined very well in this thread. I think it really fits with the style of the story so far and there seems to be evidence and set up pointing in this direction. Bran's story arc has been built up since the beginning of the story and there really has not been much pay off at this point. He has such overpowered abilities they have to come into play towards the finale of the story. So far his character has been quite tragic and I can see it continuing down that path.

I agree, hes the 3ER now which does portray hes one of the most, if not the most powerful person in the Seven Kingdoms. We havnt seen him do anything to prove his over rated abilities. I like the idea his character continues to get worse.

I could still see the NK being connected to Bran only in their powerful abilities like a Yin/Yang, light side/dark side type of thing though. Maybe just if the original man converted into the NK was a powerful greenseer that would be enough. My problem with this theory is why did he wait so long to attack the south? Just to build up his armies and wait for a long winter? Doesn't seem like a good enough reason. Surely he could have attacked sooner.

For me Bran has to be the NK, personally I'll be quite disappointed if not unless they do something else equally as good with the connection.

I like the idea that NK/Bran knows he must kill child Bran/3ER at a certain time to stop or continue a cycle. Does he want to end his own life and the suffering he has caused? Does he want to make sure Bran wargs into the original man turned into the NK which ensures his life? Is he really trying to destroy all of humanity because he has been warged so long he has lost sense of his former self? Maybe just launching his attack now because he needs the dragon to break through the wall?

I think there is a massive amount of factors which we wont ever find out til the very end. I hoping at the last episode atleast reveals all the mysteries we are looking for answers for. Again ill be pretty disappointed if the writers leave a number of mysteries unresolved and therefore not really completing the story.

I think it is hard to argue the NK doesn't know the future and how events will play out at this point. The WW all had the ice spears and chains ready for when the dragons came to save Jon and company. The NK could have just speared Jon while he slept if that was his goal. It seemed like a set up for him just to get the dragon. Perhaps the dragon is his only way through the magic put into the wall. Maybe the magic in the wall will also be explained by a Bran time warp where he is involved. Thus the NK needs the dragon as a means to get past a wall his former self set up.

After much consideration, its not the future its the present, which has already happened at a different time. I truly find it hard to comprehend and literally understand that Bran can be two people, things have already happened etc.(potentially anyway) It would make perfect sense as to why the NK wanted the Dragon, its a magical being with super hot magical flames.

I have another theory about why the WW arrange body parts in the spiral and circle figures. Perhaps this is a way of trying to communicate to child Bran or the humans in general. Possibly pointing to go to or look at the God's eye and Isle of Faces where a climactic moment/face to face with the NK will take place revealing his motivations and history. Or just for Bran to time warp there when the NK was created to warg into him ensuring the creation of Bran/NK.

This is something Ive believed for a while and defintely think it will come true. I do believe the Isle of Faces will come into the fold into season 8. It is potentially the only place left with CotF. The symbols for now are just providing us with  a link with the WW and CotF, but I think we will find out why the CotF used them symbols and their meaning.

Who really knows since so little has been given about the NK and WWs. I do think that he is not just an out of control weapon created by the CoF though. Not very fun and interesting if that is what it turns out to be and once again why would he wait so long to attack? That would definitely feel like a let down story wise. So much of the rest of the plot to GoT is layered and nuanced. An out of control WMD as the long set up final enemy is not that interesting...

I dont believe his is just an out of control weapon that the CotF just created for war. Exactly the plot line makes the NK have some reasoning into why he has waited so long. 

I'm also hoping we get some insight to the Lord of Light and the powers of the red priests. How did the hound see the vision in the flames? Who is sending that message? If GoT ends with so many major questions left unresolved it's going to feel like we've waited so long just to find out there are huge mysteries left unanswered. I really hope that doesn't happen or things point to there actually being gods (other than maybe all powerful humans like super Bran)

Anways just some of my ramblings on the end game.

Agreed, they need to clear up alot of things and i really hope they do.

10 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I agree, hes the 3ER now which does portray hes one of the most, if not the most powerful person in the Seven Kingdoms. We havnt seen him do anything to prove his over rated abilities. I like the idea his character continues to get worse.

For me Bran has to be the NK, personally I'll be quite disappointed if not unless they do something else equally as good with the connection.

I think there is a massive amount of factors which we wont ever find out til the very end. I hoping at the last episode atleast reveals all the mysteries we are looking for answers for. Again ill be pretty disappointed if the writers leave a number of mysteries unresolved and therefore not really completing the story.

After much consideration, its not the future its the present, which has already happened at a different time. I truly find it hard to comprehend and literally understand that Bran can be two people, things have already happened etc.(potentially anyway) It would make perfect sense as to why the NK wanted the Dragon, its a magical being with super hot magical flames.

This is something Ive believed for a while and defintely think it will come true. I do believe the Isle of Faces will come into the fold into season 8. It is potentially the only place left with CotF. The symbols for now are just providing us with  a link with the WW and CotF, but I think we will find out why the CotF used them symbols and their meaning.

I dont believe his is just an out of control weapon that the CotF just created for war. Exactly the plot line makes the NK have some reasoning into why he has waited so long. 

Agreed, they need to clear up alot of things and i really hope they do.

I am going to present an alternate theory, one that actually makes more sense than Bran being the Nk. Little Sam is the nights king, the last of Crasters offspring, most likely of first men blood. It makes much more sense in a time loop. And the hair color is right. 

On 8/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, Illiterati said:

I don't think you're receiving the message Jaeharys is sending....

If Bran is the NK, then killing Bran (before he can transfer 3ER to another person) would kill the NK.  I'm not sure I agree that Bran is actually the NK, though I think they absolutely are connected.  Like white space and dark space of the same thing.

No, I do get the point. But killing either Bran or NK would made no use of her faceless man training. She doesn't need any skills to kill Bran, neither would her skills help her to get close to NK.

what would completely sell this theory for me would be knowing whether the cave bran was at was further south or north from where jon faces the night king.

It would make sense that it seems the Night king is after Bran. he clearly diverted from his ultimate goal of marching south to take over all the living to attack a cave with 4 people in it. And what has he been waiting for this whole time ? his numbers are as many as they are going to ever be. even if he was going to wait for the wildlings that were left whats a few thousand amongst an army of hundreds of thousands and the never ending resupply of those you conquer.

I could see this being the bitter sweet ending that bran realizes over the course of thousands of years that ultimately he has to kill himself at precisely the right time. Perhaps the end of teh white walker war ends, although with many losses and devastation, with an silver lining for the future that makes the occurance of all the events that lead up to it necessary. and to prevent bran from changing anything futher in the past for personal family reasons he must kill young bran.

On 8/18/2017 at 7:26 AM, Illiterati said:

Also, dead Jon's wolf is named Ghost, Arya's is named Nymeria after warrior princess, Sansa's is named Lady, and Bran's is named...Summer - the anti-Winter.

Bran Stark effectively died at about the same time Summer died.

So the argument actually cuts the other way.

5 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

I hadnt given much thought to this until today's ep. I hadnt noticed they have the same facial structure.

Got to just be coincidence there was no way of knowing young brans face would develop into current brans face and be fitting to the NK's

If they had been doing some prosthetics to current bran to give him a similar face then it would seem plausible as then we would know it was being done on purpose....but there was everychance Brans actor may have grown up to be podgy and round faced. 

9 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Got to just be coincidence there was no way of knowing young brans face would develop into current brans face and be fitting to the NK's

If they had been doing some prosthetics to current bran to give him a similar face then it would seem plausible as then we would know it was being done on purpose....but there was everychance Brans actor may have grown up to be podgy and round faced. 

Haven't they recast the NK actor?

BTW, the more I think about it, I am now fully in the Bran as NK camp.  

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, MakeThemBurn said:

No, I do get the point. But killing either Bran or NK would made no use of her faceless man training. She doesn't need any skills to kill Bran, neither would her skills help her to get close to NK.

I counter that her training could definitely help.  Her fighting skills alone could help her carve a way to the NK in battle.  But, who is to say she could not take the face of a wight.  Some of them still have faces, yes?  In D&D's GoT, anything is possible.  I think this season has shown that more than ever...

I don't think so. White Walkers already made their big move beyond the wall long before Bran learned to use his powers. Mance Rayder assembled his army to march the wall long before Bran's injury.

Archived