Samwell_Tarly

Bran is the Night King

43 posts in this topic

I think a big clue is when Bran warged into that crow. And the night King saw him instantly as if he knew it was going to happen. I mean how perceptive and observant the Night King is. If he can see a crow in a horde which is warged with an eye that easily. What chance would a faceless man have. He would probably see the faceless man from a Mile away.

It seems as if the Night King already knows what is going to happen because he has seen it before. And this could be another reason why Bran is the Night King. Cause the Night King used to be Bran and he has already been through this time loop. Now another example is how he could easily see Bran when he was in his dream state. The other White Walkers and Wights had no idea. And hence the fact he marked Bran could also indicate they are the same person.

If they are not the same person then the Night King is an even more powerful individual with  most of the powers of Bran except some and then some more.

17 hours ago, pinoyathletics said:

I think a big clue is when Bran warged into that crow. And the night King saw him instantly as if he knew it was going to happen. I mean how perceptive and observant the Night King is. If he can see a crow in a horde which is warged with an eye that easily. What chance would a faceless man have. He would probably see the faceless man from a Mile away.

It seems as if the Night King already knows what is going to happen because he has seen it before. And this could be another reason why Bran is the Night King. Cause the Night King used to be Bran and he has already been through this time loop. Now another example is how he could easily see Bran when he was in his dream state. The other White Walkers and Wights had no idea. And hence the fact he marked Bran could also indicate they are the same person.

If they are not the same person then the Night King is an even more powerful individual with  most of the powers of Bran except some and then some more.

Yeah, good point.  Really, the big tell was when the NK touched Bran.  The true meaning of that hasn't really been thought through.

Bran was having a "vision" of the Army of the Dead, WW and the NK.  But just like with ToJ and Hodor, it wasn't really "just" a vision ... Bran was actually going back into the past (in the case of Hodor) or the present (in the case of the army of the dead/NK( and seeing events as they actually, historically or in the present, happened - in "real time".

If it was just a "vision", then Ned could not possibly have reacted to Bran's voice and turned around.

If it was just a "vision", then Bran in the vision couldn't have physically warged into Wyllis.

Bran can simultaneously and physically exist:

1.  In his body in the cave.

2.  In his body in the vision

- otherwise how could he warg into Wyllis or speak to Ned?

So, when Bran is having his "vision" of the NK he is both simultaneously in the cave and actually present in some other physical way near the NK.

Then, what is the difference between the NK scene where Bran is touched by the NK, and the other 2 scenes (ToJ and Wyllis)?

1.  In the NK scene, Bran didn't say anything or try to communicate, or warg - he was just "standing". Despite that the NK saw him.

2.  In the NK scene, the NK not only sees him, but reaches out and touches him.

Remember, there is no evidence that the 3ER or any prior greenseer could ever do what Bran has done - and actually affect the past.

Yet, by the NK touching Bran it shows that he has the same magic level as Bran.

The NK is able to not merely "perceive" or exist passively in the vision (a la 3ER), but physically act and intrude into the other person's vision.

But there is no indication the CoTF or any other greenseer ever had this power ... so why would the NK also have this magical power?  It doesn't follow simply from the fact that the CoTF created him.

Boiling it all down:

1.  Only Bran and the NK has been shown to have this power to "break the magic mirror" and turn dream into reality.

2.  There is no indication the NK can affect the past

3.  There is no explanation as to why the NK has that level of magic.

4.  The tragic consequences of the time loop/ink is dry have not been fully explained or concluded by the Hold the Door.

It follows that either the NK "just has" that magic - unsatisfyingly, story wise - or it is somehow related to Bran.

It must follow that either:

1.  Bran is the NK; or

2.  Bran unintentionally created or empowered the NK, just as the CoTF made a mistake in creating him.

Edited by Aemon Targaryen

I don't think Three-Eyed Raven is the Night King. Some comments in here suggesting Night King wants to kill his younger self, but according to the rules that can't happen because "the ink is dry" - there's no way to alter the past. Also I'm not recalling anything onscreen showing Three-Eyed Raven trying to stop things from happening; correct me if I'm not remembering something.

Problems with the theory is that Three-Eyed Raven can't be caught by Children of the Forest; he is not physically there, and I don't see how they could catch someone who is not really there. Night King touched him, but Bran just ended the 'vision' so he can just end a vision, don't see how he could be 'caught'. If he travels physically, same thing. How can a being that can disappear in time ever be caught?

Some mention Three-Eyed Raven warging into the man caught by the Children and getting 'stuck' but there's no evidence to suggest such a thing could happen, and I don't think introducing such unexplained things would do anything but greatly complicate the narrative, and confuse a large portion of viewers. How does someone get stuck in a warg? It would need to somehow be explained, and set up; and I can't think of explaining 'stuck in a warg' with any kind of credibility narrative-wise.

Three-Eyed Raven would already be able to know what was going to happen in the past, how can a man who see the past not know the past? Sets up a confusing narrative. The writers are surely going to tread safely in tying all this up, and avoid overcomplicated, and confusing narratives; I should think.

I do think Three-Eyed Raven is the Lord of Light, and is a counterpart to Night King; but not the same person. We know Three-Eyed Raven can speak to people in visions, and that is what the Lord of Light does. 

Edited by John Meta