Jaime L

Westeros Experts League 2017

389 posts in this topic

Ok, time to get this started again. There are 10 golden tickets out there - for those named - please post in this thread and claim your spot that you plan to play this year:

@grozeng

@Mya Stone 

@Week

@Prince of the North

@Whiskeyjack

@Mudguard

@Bronn Stone

@JJ Lannister

@PyroclasticFlow

Dunknegg is first on deck if anyone does not claim their spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in -- this league is only big enough for ONE equine team. Sorry Ponies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's my invite @Jaime L? Scared? 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 3:48 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Where's my invite @Jaime L? Scared? 

:P

You know, you're right. I coulda sworn you were in this league. Let me call my personal assistant, Shirley, and make sure we didn't make some kind of mistake.

"Hey Shirley, what about Tywin...shouldn't he have received an invite? ...Wait, Shirley, I can't hear you over the laughter. Take a few deep breaths. Here, get yourself a glass of water and start over. ...Ok, you say there was no mistake? That he's never won a board league? That even @Manhole Eunuchsbane looks to be closer to admittance? Ok....ok....no, Shirley, no need for that. no seriously that's overkill...no I got it. Ok, thanks Shirley. Buh-bye"

Ok, hey man, sorry. She says you barely missed the cut this year, couldn't possibly have been a closer call, but that we totally expect to see you here in 2018. Do us proud, Tywin!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Ok, hey man, sorry. She says you barely missed the cut this year, couldn't possibly have been a closer call, but that we totally expect to see you here in 2018. Do us proud, Tywin!  

Maybe @Tywin et al. wins a board league for a berth into the Experts League this year. .. you could even say he Tywinned his way into the league while some poor schmuck* gets Jaxomed out.

*Going to be me now that I've made the joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Week said:

Maybe @Tywin et al. wins a board league for a berth into the Experts League this year. .. you could even say he Tywinned his way into the league while some poor schmuck* gets Jaxomed out.

*Going to be me now that I've made the joke.

I'm pretty sure it'll be me after offending the Karma Gods by making fun of someone seeking entry into Experts. I just can't resist giving Tywin a hard time. It gives me life.

But I do like the notion of "Ty-winning" one's way into this league. I may start to use that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

You know, you're right. I coulda sworn you were in this league. Let me call my personal assistant, Shirley, and make sure we didn't make some kind of mistake.

"Hey Shirley, what about Tywin...shouldn't he have received an invite? ...Wait, Shirley, I can't hear you over the laughter. Take a few deep breaths. Here, get yourself a glass of water and start over. ...Ok, you say there was no mistake? That he's never won a board league? That even @Manhole Eunuchsbane looks to be closer to admittance? Ok....ok....no, Shirley, no need for that. no seriously that's overkill...no I got it. Ok, thanks Shirley. Buh-bye"

Ok, hey man, sorry. She says you barely missed the cut this year, couldn't possibly have been a closer call, but that we totally expect to see you here in 2018. Do us proud, Tywin!  

Hahahaha. Legit fist pounding the desk levels of laughter. 

That said, man did I have the worst luck ever last year. I didn't expect to actually live up to the 13-0 billing, but I couldn't have foreseen half my team going done by week 5, and the other half that didn't had terrible years. Oh well, that's what I get for thinking I could win the league with Dalton and Palmer as my QBs 1 and 2. 

Sigh. It's all @Manhole Eunuchsbane's fault. Thanks for starting that early run on QBs. Jerk...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Week said:

Maybe @Tywin et al. wins a board league for a berth into the Experts League this year. .. you could even say he Tywinned his way into the league while some poor schmuck* gets Jaxomed out.

*Going to be me now that I've made the joke.

Lol, I like it.

And never forget, Jaxomed has a second meaning now. @Jaxom 1974 done Jaxomed the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hahahaha. Legit fist pounding the desk levels of laughter. 

That said, man did I have the worst luck ever last year. I didn't expect to actually live up to the 13-0 billing, but I couldn't have foreseen half my team going done by week 5, and the other half that didn't had terrible years. Oh well, that's what I get for thinking I could win the league with Dalton and Palmer as my QBs 1 and 2. 

Sigh. It's all @Manhole Eunuchsbane's fault. Thanks for starting that early run on QBs. Jerk...

Hey! I finished in front of you in that league, pal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

You know, you're right. I coulda sworn you were in this league. Let me call my personal assistant, Shirley, and make sure we didn't make some kind of mistake.

"Hey Shirley, what about Tywin...shouldn't he have received an invite? ...Wait, Shirley, I can't hear you over the laughter. Take a few deep breaths. Here, get yourself a glass of water and start over. ...Ok, you say there was no mistake? That he's never won a board league? That even @Manhole Eunuchsbane looks to be closer to admittance? Ok....ok....no, Shirley, no need for that. no seriously that's overkill...no I got it. Ok, thanks Shirley. Buh-bye"

Ok, hey man, sorry. She says you barely missed the cut this year, couldn't possibly have been a closer call, but that we totally expect to see you here in 2018. Do us proud, Tywin!  

Even? Jesus fuck, what's a guy have to do around here to get a scootch of respect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2017 at 8:28 AM, Jaime L said:

Ok, time to get this started again. There are 10 golden tickets out there - for those named - please post in this thread and claim your spot that you plan to play this year:

@grozeng

@Mya Stone 

@Week

@Prince of the North

@Whiskeyjack

@Mudguard

@Bronn Stone

@JJ Lannister

@PyroclasticFlow

Dunknegg is first on deck if anyone does not claim their spot. 

Still waiting on @grozeng and @Mya Stone - right?

Can we set a draft date -- at least tentatively so that we don't get screwed with an early draft or a crap time? Maybe throw in for Sunday 9/3 or Saturday 9/4 and then adjust from there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh well, that's what I get for thinking I could win the league with Dalton and Palmer as my QBs 1 and 2. ..

Hey you're in good company. The Bengals have spent the last 15 years thinking the same thing. 

20 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Even? Jesus fuck, what's a guy have to do around here to get a scootch of respect?

That's Shirley for you. Just know I respect you highly, Manhole. 

But to answer your question, I'll respect you a scootch more if you make Experts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Week said:

Still waiting on @grozeng and @Mya Stone - right?

Can we set a draft date -- at least tentatively so that we don't get screwed with an early draft or a crap time? Maybe throw in for Sunday 9/3 or Saturday 9/4 and then adjust from there?

Saturday generally comes before Sunday so not sure those dates are possible. :P 

But I like where your head is at. Sunday 9/3 and Monday 9/4 would be good by me. Do either work for other people? 

If not, how is Tuesday 9/5 or Wednesday 9/6 shaping up? Nice to have the Experts draft last, I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Saturday generally comes before Sunday so not sure those dates are possible. :P 

But I like where your head is at. Sunday 9/3 and Monday 9/4 would be good by me. Do either work for other people? 

If not, how is Tuesday 9/5 or Wednesday 9/6 shaping up? Nice to have the Experts draft last, I think. 

Multitasking. Bah.

Agree with the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now