Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

QB: Winston, Carr (Taylor) 

WR: Evans, Thomas, Ty. Williams, Wallace (Ginn Jr, Shepard, Kupp, Mitchell, Wright)

RB: Gurley, Fournette, Mixon (West, J. White, Bernard) 

TE: Ertz, J. Cook (Gates) 

K: Gostowski 

DEF: Seattle, Houston 

Hopefully Winston lives up to his potential and Carr bounces back from injury well. RB has potential, but young. Have two legitimate WR1, could be a week to week job with WR4. TE as always is my weakest, but manageable. 

3 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Bite your tongue! 

QB: M. Ryan, M. Stafford (S. Bradford)
WR: T. Pryor, A. Robinson, M. Bryant, D. Jackson (J. Maclin, K. White)
RB: L. Bell, M. Ingram, D. Martin (J. Rodgers, A. Peterson, J. Charles, M. Forte, F. Toussaint) 
TE: J. Reed, T. Eifert
K: M. Crosby
D: Eagles, Bengals (Chargers)

The Matts!

Your TEs will have an amazing 15 games played between them. :) That said -- I'd rather have your two than mine.

12 minutes ago, Week said:

The Matts!

Your TEs will have an amazing 15 games played between them. :) That said -- I'd rather have your two than mine.

They're also both questionable already. I haven't checked why yet but I assume some fool let Jordan Reed try to operate a can opener himself and Tyler Eifert discovered paper mache in the offseason. 

57 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

They're also both questionable already. I haven't checked why yet but I assume some fool let Jordan Reed try to operate a can opener himself and Tyler Eifert discovered paper mache in the offseason. 

Tyler was given one job: to make the best damn paper mache elephant the world has ever seen. He can't help that that's interfering with his little Sunday hobby. 

7 hours ago, Week said:

HANDCUFF TRADE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I get Derrick Henry

POTN gets Tevin Coleman

I undo my draft mistake of putting Henry up early.

Of all the trades I've seen in Westeros Leagues the past decade plus, this one may make the most sense for both sides.

11 hours ago, Week said:

C'mon folks -- two trades -- only one is posted and no comments on either? For shame.

eta- thanks Bronn - I knew I could count on you.

The other trade was:

WJ gets:
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce

Pyro gets:
Kelvin Benjamin
George Kittle

I'd be curious to hear Pyro's thought process on this deal. Unless he's George Kittle himself, not sure I get this deal from his perspective. 

Granted I spent a fair amount on Kelce, I just don't trust his health. I know it's hit or miss with injuries, and Kelce should get more targets with Maclin gone, but i think KC will be more run oriented coming out of the gate. Lots of buzz with Hunt and his handcuff is a somewhat proven back, and Hill gets more run plays as well. 

The Allen/Benjamin swap, in my eyes, just a WR1 exchange. Rivers has the slight edge with accuracy I think, but again I weighed the injury proneness of Allen. Call me crazy but I'm more interested in the production that can come from the relationship of the Panthers duo.

Now, Kittle. Didn't see that hammy being an issue, but I'm comfortable with my TE group. We'll see that turns out. 

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

The other trade was:

WJ gets:
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce

Pyro gets:
Kelvin Benjamin
George Kittle

I'd be curious to hear Pyro's thought process on this deal. Unless he's George Kittle himself, not sure I get this deal from his perspective. 

Would love to hear Shirley's take on this trade. 

3 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Granted I spent a fair amount on Kelce, I just don't trust his health. I know it's hit or miss with injuries, and Kelce should get more targets with Maclin gone, but i think KC will be more run oriented coming out of the gate. Lots of buzz with Hunt and his handcuff is a somewhat proven back, and Hill gets more run plays as well. 

The Allen/Benjamin swap, in my eyes, just a WR1 exchange. Rivers has the slight edge with accuracy I think, but again I weighed the injury proneness of Allen. Call me crazy but I'm more interested in the production that can come from the relationship of the Panthers duo.

Now, Kittle. Didn't see that hammy being an issue, but I'm comfortable with my TE group. We'll see that turns out. 

I guess that makes sense, somewhat.  This trade was a real head scratcher to me.  Obviously, with the benefit of hindsight, you would have been much better off just drafting Benjamin instead of Allen, which would have allowed you to have both Benjamin and Kelce.  You actually paid more for Allen than Whiskeyjack paid for Benjamin.  Essentially, just one or two days after the draft, you've effectively paid $33 to get a player Whiskeyjack drafted for $15.  

It could still work out for you if Allen ends up getting hurt again, or Kelce has a really bad year, and Benjamin has a huge year.  No idea why you have concerns with Kelce's health though.  He's never missed a game in his career.  Benjamin has his own injury history.  He missed the entire 2015 season with a torn ACL.  I'm high on Benjamin though, just not quite as high as you.  Hope it works out for you.

Archived