Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

9 hours ago, Week said:

Wow, this could not have gone worse. 

Gonna totally pretend I knew I'd get 6 TDs out of Wentz/Fuller. Hell, I even thought their matchups weren't great. All I'll say is I really needed that points infusion. 

Ryan will still be very good for you I think. This was always going to be a one week tax to get his services going forward. Just turned out to be a Eurocommie level tax. 

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Gonna totally pretend I knew I'd get 6 TDs out of Wentz/Fuller. Hell, I even thought their matchups weren't great. All I'll say is I really needed that points infusion. 

Ryan will still be very good for you I think. This was always going to be a one week tax to get his services going forward. Just turned out to be a Eurocommie level tax. 

Turns out the tax was a pound of flesh. I thought I was going to get a cheap upgrade. Yowtch.

Will soon find out if my act of desperation picking up Chicago D for tonight's game sneaks an extra point or two in the overall rankings even though I will still lose my game.

EDIT: Well, I suppose the gamble paid off...I'll take what I can get.

Week 5 Power Rankings

1) Whiskeyjack:  36-9
2) Mya:  33-12
3) Pyro: 25-20
4) POTN:  24-21
5) Mudguard: 21-24
5) Week:  21-24
7) Dunknegg: 19-26
8) JJ Lannister:  18-27
9) Bronn:  15-30
10) Jaime:  13-32

WJ sweats out a super tight game against POTN in the high scoring matchup of the week to stay undefeated and become #1 in the power rankings despite losing yet another star player. POTN loses but with Aaron Rodgers and DeShaun Watson now at QB I'm sure he feels like a winner.

League is now full to bursting with 2-3 teams.

On 10/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, Jaime L said:

Man, your trade couldn't have paid off any better than it did.  Over 50 points from Wentz and Fuller.  Philly's offense looks really good this year, and the Falcon's seem off.  Wonder how much of the success of the Falcon's offense was due to Shanahan.  If Ryan goes back to his pre 2016 form, you probably got the better of your trade.

With so many teams at 2-3, I'm just one game back from a playoff spot despite being in last place at 1-4.  

Looking to move some newfound RB depth for a WR* or TE. Kamara and McKinnon are middling RB2s with room for growth, Elijah McGuire should tear up the Patriots this week. Will send out a few offers -- thanks!

*I'm aware I had Will Fuller prior to his second straight 2 TD game... 

20 hours ago, Mudguard said:

Man, your trade couldn't have paid off any better than it did.  Over 50 points from Wentz and Fuller.  Philly's offense looks really good this year, and the Falcon's seem off.  Wonder how much of the success of the Falcon's offense was due to Shanahan.  If Ryan goes back to his pre 2016 form, you probably got the better of your trade.

With so many teams at 2-3, I'm just one game back from a playoff spot despite being in last place at 1-4.  

I think Shanahan was a big difference maker in terms of getting Ryan to the next level. But I still think he'll return to his 30+ TD form as long as Julio is out there and healthy which has been another issue. 

You've been a bit unlucky to be 1-4. I mean you're 3rd in points scored. Bodes well for a turnaround going forward. That said, rough week to have Wilson/Zeke on the shelf going against Mya. 

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

4-1 in both W-B and W-C. The march continues on! 

Thanks for the update. 

4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Thanks for the update. 

You're welcome. Now apologize, Jaime, for your flagrant use of the term "Duck, Duck, Goose." It's "Duck, Duck, GREY DUCK!" If you don't I just might have to get Trump to tweet about you.

:P

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're welcome. Now apologize, Jaime, for your flagrant use of the term "Duck, Duck, Goose." It's "Duck, Duck, GREY DUCK!" If you don't I just might have to get Trump to tweet about you.

:P

Sorry, I only speak American? 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are you Sarah Palin's oldest son? Didn't think he had what it took to become an accountant...

Dude, you're from Minnesota. The only thing that state has going for it is that if you can read your parking ticket you're already more educated than the state senate.

I've spent more money on weed this month than this state has spent on fixing I-494. Driving past Minneapolis is like going to get your hood pierced and stopping at Nakatomi tower on the way to walk barefoot on broken glass.

I once spent an hour convinced I was watching '12 Years a Slave' before my boyfriend asked me why I wasn't calling to police to get the principal of the school across the street arrested for abusing his students.

My uncle once got a month long job in Minnetonka as a construction worker being laid off locally. Great guy, politically active moderate. Voted for Al Gore, though he disliked Bill Clinton's alleged rapes. Always showed up on Thanksgiving for at least long enough for the late game to start, wicked talented arm for the inevitable pickup game but he always let me be the QB. OD'd in Vegas.

30 minutes ago, Week said:

Trade Fail Update: Carson Wentz has throw for 3+ TDs in his last two games (5 days). He's never thrown for 3 TDs in a game before.

Carson Wentz is your new Cody Bellinger.

Which strangely makes Matt Ryan the football version of Gregory Polanco.

Archived