Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

20 hours ago, Week said:

Ryan for Wentz and Fuller backsies?

I've considered it but Carson is really blossoming in Riverrun and I don't think it's a good idea to disrupt his routine again now that he's finally feeling settled in his forever home.

12 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

I feel so defeated right now :(

I very much feel for you man. From my perspective, that SNF game was the single most draining game I've watched all season. Watching that 40 point lead I had steadily and relentlessly evaporate throughout the game was like water torture. Whatever the Broncos did on offense cost me points. Either they're targeting DT (which was really the only option because every other Broncos pass catcher somehow got injured in the game) or they're on the one yard line which means CJA (and honestly who knows if he actually got in the end zone on that play or not) or Siemian is getting sacked or throwing a pick-six which means Giants D is adding to the monster score it was putting up. Once it got down to a 1.5 point game, I just knew either Siemian was throwing a pick or DT is either getting a 17 yard catch or TD. Miraculously the pick didn't happen and the TD went to Heuerman.

Still not sure how I survived. But with the way this season has gone, losing while putting up my first legit excellent score this season would've been too much. 

Looks like everything is pretty wrapped up other than POTN and I. Don't think this would have been close if Rodgers had gotten even half of the game in.

Brax Tantivy v Greywater Greenseers

Decker | Murray | Tenn D vs 12.72 points

I will say nothing because the floor for Decker and Murray so far this year has been ground-level.

Fortunately, they did come through. Unfortunately, my nemesis outscored me to the point of going from 10th 3 weeks ago to leapfrogging me in the standings. Not naming names ...... ...... ..... 

1 hour ago, Week said:

Fortunately, they did come through. Unfortunately, my nemesis outscored me to the point of going from 10th 3 weeks ago to leapfrogging me in the standings. Not naming names ...... ...... ..... 

Nemesis?

Week 6 Power Rankings

1) Whiskeyjack:  37-17
2) Mya:  35-19 
3) POTN:  29-25
4) Week:  28-26
5) Dunknegg: 27-27
6) Pyro: 25-29 
6) Mudguard: 25-29
8) JJ Lannister:  24-30
9) Jaime:  22-32
10) Bronn:  18-36

The 2nd highest scoring team in a given week is now 3-3 through 6 weeks. That's both brutal and unsustainable. 

Overall the league has tightened both from a standings and power ranking standpoint. Parity has come to Experts along with the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Week said:

Seemed more appropriate to call you nemesis rather than " 'orrible cunt" -- let me know which you prefer.

:P

My business cards list 'orrible cunt but if nemesis is more comfortable, please by all means go with that. 

On 10/17/2017 at 10:45 AM, Jaime L said:

Week 6 Power Rankings

1) Whiskeyjack:  37-17
2) Mya:  35-19 
3) POTN:  29-25
4) Week:  28-26
5) Dunknegg: 27-27
6) Pyro: 25-29 
6) Mudguard: 25-29
8) JJ Lannister:  24-30
9) Jaime:  22-32
10) Bronn:  18-36

The 2nd highest scoring team in a given week is now 3-3 through 6 weeks. That's both brutal and unsustainable. 

Overall the league has tightened both from a standings and power ranking standpoint. Parity has come to Experts along with the NFL. 

Do you go by power ranking or record when deciding who wins the league and who gets relegated? 

Also, up to 5-1 in both W-B and W-C. Get your backside in gear and makes sure you finish better than eighth place.

Power rankings ONLY matter for Jaxoming.  They are not the tie-breaker in the league and do not decide the regular season winner.  The only time they come in to play is comparing the four teams that do not make the playoffs.  The one with the highest power ranking is not Jaxomed.  The other three are at risk.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Do you go by power ranking or record when deciding who wins the league and who gets relegated? 

Also, up to 5-1 in both W-B and W-C. Get your backside in gear and makes sure you finish better than eighth place.

Playoffs, yo. All about winning the playoffs.

Archived