Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

12 hours ago, grozeng said:

The problem with the league this year is that you are all really playing for second place since the champion isn't around to defend his title :)

He who doth not fight but runs away,
Lives to run away another day...

19 hours ago, Week said:

Carson Wentz can eat shit. 

No need to be hung up on Carson Wentz. You now have your own in Smokin' Jay Cutler. And RIP Will Fuller with Tom Savage now throwing to him. 

Also fuck Alvin Kamara for being so much better than Mark Ingram. And WTF is Tampa doing? The entire second half was Ryan Fitzpatrick and he brought his entire B-unit with him apparently. Peyton Barber, Bernard Reedy, Luke Stocker. Kinda an issue when I have D-Jax, Martin and Brate. 

49 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

He who doth not fight but runs away,
Lives to run away another day...

Well, I would have been in the league this year if I was able to log in.  And based on how I am doing this year, I would have probably been near the bottom.

46 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

No need to be hung up on Carson Wentz. You now have your own in Smokin' Jay Cutler. And RIP Will Fuller with Tom Savage now throwing to him. 

Also fuck Alvin Kamara for being so much better than Mark Ingram. And WTF is Tampa doing? The entire second half was Ryan Fitzpatrick and he brought his entire B-unit with him apparently. Peyton Barber, Bernard Reedy, Luke Stocker. Kinda an issue when I have D-Jax, Martin and Brate. 

I thought that was Tiki...

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Week 9 Power Rankings/Record

1) Whiskeyjack: 58-23 (6-3)
2) Mya: 49-32 (6-3)
3) Week:  48-33 (6-3)
4) Mudguard: 46-35 (4-5)
5) Dunknegg: 40-41 (4-5)
5) Jaime:  40-41 (5-4)
7) POTN:  33-48 (2-7)
8) Bronn:  31-50 (5-4) 
9) Pyro: 30-51 (2-7)
9) JJ Lannister: 30-51 (5-4) 

Week 9 was a rich get richer, anti-parity week. It's officially time for Pyro/POTN to start being concerned. If the season ended today Dunk would be the hard luck third one out and Mudguard would be safe with everyone 5-4 and above making the playoffs. However it's tight enough that virtually any possibility is on the table in terms of playoffs/safe/jaxoming for the teams 4-10. 

4 weeks left. Need to make them count. 

6 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Week 9 was a rich get richer, anti-parity week. It's officially time for Pyro/POTN to start being concerned. If the season ended today Dunk would be the hard luck third one out and Mudguard would be safe with everyone 5-4 and above making the playoffs. However it's tight enough that virtually any possibility is on the table in terms of playoffs/safe/jaxoming for the teams 4-10. 

4 weeks left. Need to make them count. 

That's pretty wild -- the whole point of power rankings is to prevent what is currently happening. I would guess that the next few weeks will shake out more as expected. "Get out of jail free" playoff tickets for the 5th, 8th, and 9th ranked teams by power rankings.

WEFFL Media Insider Jace here.

I'm hearing some weird things out of this week's owners' meeting. I have not been able to get word of who brought it up, but apparently there is discussion about adopting a new Experts placement system. In which all three non-playoff teams will be removed from the league with the exception that 1 team can be spared relegation via a 5/7 majority vote by the remaining playoff teams.

I'm not sure who adopted this idea or what the response has been. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

29 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

WEFFL Media Insider Jace here.

I'm hearing some weird things out of this week's owners' meeting. I have not been able to get word of who brought it up, but apparently there is discussion about adopting a new Experts placement system. In which all three non-playoff teams will be removed from the league with the exception that 1 team can be spared relegation via a 5/7 majority vote by the remaining playoff teams.

I'm not sure who adopted this idea or what the response has been. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

What color is the sky in the world in which you live?  The smart money is on 'blerk', which is a shade of pink but dark and gloomy and invokes feelings that spiders are about to drop on your head.

A fire sale by a team that is all-but-eliminated would be inappropriate.  In a Dynasty/Keeper league, of course.  But here you should play it out as best you can to try to win as many games as possible.

Looking ahead, I think my chances are good in that I have no games remaining with the top 3 teams at this point.  W/L are more important for me than Power Rankings.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:29 AM, Week said:

Despite our recent trade discussions -- looking to trade DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry for TE or WR upgrade. Drew Stanton available for a song.

Trade:

I get Austin Hooper (welcome back to the fold Austin -- I dropped him week 2 I think)

POTN gets Drew Stanton

I am still looking to upgrade WR and TE -- DeMarco Murray/Henry or other options at RB available.

This is not meant to ignore Pyro & POTN as they are not eliminated, just have their backs against the wall with time running out and Week, Mya and WJ are looking good now, but haven't clinched anything quite yet.  This is to identify the matchups between the those bunched in the middle(either 5-4 or 4-5) scraping to avoid being Jaxomed.

Crucial Upcoming Games(Current Record, Power Ranking, Avg Pts / Game)
Week 10
Bronn (5-4, 31-50, 129.74) v Dunknegg  (4-5, 40-41, 137.46); Harlaw won the first matchup 163.26 - 127.28

Week 11
Bronn (5-4, 31-50, 129.74) v JJ Lannister (5-4, 30-51, 127.46); JJ won the first matchup 126.34 - 120.14
Mudguard (4-5, 46-35, 146.40) v Dunknegg (4-5, 40-41, 137.46); Dunk won the first matchup 149.26 - 125.78

Week 12
Mudguard (4-5, 46-35, 146.40) v JJ Lannister (5-4, 30-51, 127.46); JJ won the first matchup 201.50 - 190.20 (the highest score to lose this year)

Week 13
Jaime L (5-4, 40-41, 141.71) v Bronn (5-4, 31-50, 129.74); Jaime won the first matchup 120.14 - 113.74
Dunknegg (4-5, 40-41, 137.46) v JJ Lannister (5-4, 30-51, 127.46); Dunk won the first matchup 103.48 - 101.88 (the lowest score to win this year)

Jaime L, Bronn , JJ Lannister and Mudguard each play three current playoff contenders(includeing 3 teams at 6-3) while Dunknegg plays four.
Here are the overall records, power rankings and avg pts/game of their four remaining opponents:

Jaime L (19-17, 171-53, 139.81)
Bronn (16-20, 140-84, 131.04)
JJ Lannister (15-21, 150-74, 135.71)
Mudguard (17-19, 148-176, 131.23)
Dunknegg (20-16, 155-169, 136.04)

It should be interesting until the very end.

Nice, thanks Dunk. After Sunday:

Bronn: Cam vs Dunk: + 5.78pts -- looks like a Bronn win here.

WJ: +17.82pts vs Pyro: Funchess + JStew -- WJ's lead should be safe

WeekParker vs Mudguard: +10.88pts -- Mudguard probably holds on. I do have a change though ... 

JJ beat POTN -- POTN and Pyro looking to be in a pretty bad spot at 2-8 if both results hold. Good fortune held for JJ and Bronn and bad luck continues to hit POTN, Pyro, and Dunk.

10 minutes ago, Week said:

WJ: +17.82pts vs Pyro: Funchess + JStew -- WJ's lead should be safe

If this were me and the league Westeros A, you could all but guarantee the first five minutes of the game would include a halfback option TD from Stewart to Funchess.

Archived