Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

14 minutes ago, Week said:

WJ: +17.82pts vs Pyro: Funchess + JStew -- WJ's lead should be safe

WeekParker vs Mudguard: +10.88pts -- Mudguard probably holds on. I do have a change though ...

Think I'm likely going to lose this one.  If either guy scores, its probably over.

And I'd put you at maybe 40/60.

1 minute ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Think I'm likely going to lose this one.  If either guy scores, its probably over.

And I'd put you at maybe 40/60.

Leaving Fells in and not making sure to grab Garrett Celek was a huge fuck up on my part.

Funchess has a chance to blow up -- I would be shocked if many points came from JStew. (completely jinxed it there)

1 hour ago, Week said:

Nice, thanks Dunk. After Sunday:

Bronn: Cam vs Dunk: + 5.78pts -- looks like a Bronn win here.

WJ: +17.82pts vs Pyro: Funchess + JStew -- WJ's lead should be safe

WeekParker vs Mudguard: +10.88pts -- Mudguard probably holds on. I do have a change though ... 

JJ beat POTN -- POTN and Pyro looking to be in a pretty bad spot at 2-8 if both results hold. Good fortune held for JJ and Bronn and bad luck continues to hit POTN, Pyro, and Dunk.

It's probably going to come down to whether or not Parker scores a TD, which could very well happen.  Cutler has also been playing better the last several weeks.  I'm just hoping the TDs go to other players.  Really need this win, since it looks like the top 6 teams will all have at least 6 wins after this week.  Probably need at least 7 wins to get in the playoffs, unless one of the top 6 teams goes on a 3 game losing streak to end the regular season.

16 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

It's probably going to come down to whether or not Parker scores a TD, which could very well happen.

I need that to not happen for my money league, where I have a 3 point lead and the Panthers D against Parker.

Down goes WJ after that TD for Funchess.

I'm still hunting for a Parker TD...wpuld have been nice if I left Fella on the wire and then played Thomas instead...

38 minutes ago, Week said:

Down goes WJ after that TD for Funchess.

I'm still hunting for a Parker TD...wpuld have been nice if I left Fella on the wire and then played Thomas instead...

I'm still hanging onto my lead, which is now less than 6 points.  You have one quarter left for Parker to get a TD or 60 yards.  Work that clock Cam!

Just now, Week said:

Goddammit. Congrats Mudguard!

Also, just missed the 3rd best score of the week. Uggbh

Thanks, I really needed this one.

I thought we were going to end up with the 2nd and 3rd best scores this week.  Can't believe two teams managed to squeeze in between us when we are only separated by about 4 points.

9 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I need that to not happen for my money league, where I have a 3 point lead and the Panthers D against Parker.

I lead right up to the point the Dolphins made the PAT after the final TD. Lost by .95. 

Week 10 Power Rankings/Record

1) Whiskeyjack: 62-28 (6-4)
2) Mudguard: 54-36 (5-5)
3) Week:  53-37 (6-4)
4) Mya: 50-40 (6-4)
5) Jaime:  49-41 (6-4)
6) Dunknegg: 42-48 (4-6)
7) Bronn:  38-52 (6-4) 
8) Pyro: 36-54 (3-7)
9) POTN:  33-57 (2-8)
9) JJ Lannister: 33-57 (6-4) 

Not sure I've seen a season where there's been effectively a 6 way tie for first place record-wise this late in the season. And as JJ noted, the 6 6-4 teams are all playing one another which creates an opening for Mudguard to climb into a playoff spot this week if he wins his matchup. 

If the season ended today POTN, Pyro and Dunk would be eliminated in that order (while Mudguard would be safe through power rankings though out of the playoffs.) Dunk still has a slim window to make the playoffs though likely will require going 3-0. However power rankings are tight enough that hope remains for all 3. At this point, barring an extreme turn of fortune, looks like their primary path to safety is a ) to finish strong and b ) for Mudguard to make the playoffs and JJ or Bronn to miss.  

5 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Prediction - I'm going to miss the playoffs while also finishing 1st in power rankings.

You probably have the hardest remaining schedule, so it's possible that could happen, but you probably just need one more win to get through.  I think a lot will depend on whether Dak gets back on track.

I probably need to win 2 of 3 to make the playoffs, so it's very possible that I could miss the playoffs with a power ranking somewhere in the top 4.  It's possible we both finish with 7 wins and it comes down to tiebreakers, which favor you right now.

The standings are so tight that anyone in the top 6 right now could miss the playoffs.  I'm not even sure that anyone will clinch a spot in the playoffs after this weekend.  There could be enough teams with 7 or more wins at the end of the regular season that it comes down to tiebreakers for those with 7 wins.

Archived