Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

56 minutes ago, Week said:

Toss up -- Jaime might lose with the 2nd highest score :)

Looks like about 7 teams will score between 150 and 170 too

It's not a toss up.  Not close.  

That would completely ignore the context of whats going on with these 2 players and their teams. 

16 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

It's not a toss up.  Not close.  

That would completely ignore the context of whats going on with these 2 players and their teams. 

Accurate. I can't believe what has happened to Dak. He seemed like a player able to overcome a significant amount of adversity, but the wheels have just come off the last two games. Killing me in Keeper (though that team is bad) -- glad I traded him in my money league (but my QB1 Alex Smith isn't looking good).

3 hours ago, Week said:

Accurate. I can't believe what has happened to Dak. He seemed like a player able to overcome a significant amount of adversity, but the wheels have just come off the last two games. Killing me in Keeper (though that team is bad) -- glad I traded him in my money league (but my QB1 Alex Smith isn't looking good).

I haven't watched the games, so it's not clear to me how bad Tyron Smith's replacement at left tackle has been.  Dak's taken a lot of sacks the past two games, but is it from poor left tackle play, poor O-line play in general, and/or Dak holding the ball too long?

If Dak's poor play is due primarily to poor play at left tackle, then he might bounce back when Smith comes back.  If it stems from the loss of Zeke, then there's not much that can be done until week 16.

34 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

I haven't watched the games, so it's not clear to me how bad Tyron Smith's replacement at left tackle has been.  Dak's taken a lot of sacks the past two games, but is it from poor left tackle play, poor O-line play in general, and/or Dak holding the ball too long?

If Dak's poor play is due primarily to poor play at left tackle, then he might bounce back when Smith comes back.  If it stems from the loss of Zeke, then there's not much that can be done until week 16.

It's pretty bad, made worse by the fact that the coaching staff doesn't seem to understand how bad it is. They gave up 8 sacks the game before last, and I think 6 of them came off the left tackle. And they did little or nothing to adjust. 

Looking to trade Samaje Perine (only healthy back in Washington -- coming off 23 rushes for 117 yds and a td -- and 9 yd pass) for a TE/WR upgrade. Would be willing to take a lesser upgrade if you can give me a defense better than Tenn or Miami.

Power Rankings

1) Whiskeyjack:  65-34 (6-5)
2) Mudguard:  62-37 (6-5)
3) Jaime:  58-41 (7-4)
4) Week:  57-42 (7-4)
5) Mya:  52-47 (6-5)
6) Dunknegg:  49-50 (4-7)
7) Bronn:  43-56 (6-5)
8) JJ Lannister:  39-60 (7-4)
9) Pyro:  37-62 (4-7)
10) POTN:  33-66 (2-9)

7 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Power Rankings

1) Whiskeyjack:  65-34 (6-5)
2) Mudguard:  62-37 (6-5)
3) Jaime:  58-41 (7-4)
4) Week:  57-42 (7-4)
5) Mya:  52-47 (6-5)
6) Dunknegg:  49-50 (4-7)
7) Bronn:  43-56 (6-5)
8) JJ Lannister:  39-60 (7-4)
9) Pyro:  37-62 (4-7)
10) POTN:  33-66 (2-9)

That puts POTN hoping for a feeder league win to prevent jaxoming. For the other two spots, Pyro will need 3 straight wins along with 2 losses for a few teams. 3rd spot is probably a playoff battle between Bronn, Dunk, and Mya.

5 minutes ago, Week said:

That puts POTN hoping for a feeder league win to prevent jaxoming. For the other two spots, Pyro will need 3 straight wins along with 2 losses for a few teams. 3rd spot is probably a playoff battle between Bronn, Dunk, and Mya.

There are only 2 games left in the regular season.

12 minutes ago, Week said:

Heh, if I can mange to pull off even a single win the rest of the season - that will be my Superb Owl! :P

Jared Goff is available if you're looking for a QB upgrade.  I'm looking for a RB or WR upgrade.  A better defense would be a nice throw-in and I'd need a squanky QB.  I'm much more concerned about matchups in weeks 12 and 13 than the playoffs.   Probably not willing to deal with Pyro (this week) or any of the other 6-5 teams.

ETA: Deal made with DunkNEgg
I get
Demaryius Thomas and Blake Bortles
for
Jared Goff and Jermaine Kearse

The WR upgrade was too tempting even though WR is the strong part of my team.

My WR are now Julio Jones, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Marvin Jones and Amari Cooper.
Obviously I want to move one of those, preferably for an RB or with Rudolph/Witten for a better TE.

2 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

Aaron and I spoke this morning and he is definitely amenable to find a home on a contender. He said to let the offers call me and so he can pack his bags :ph34r:

The real question:

How do your fans feel about it?

10 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

If I somehow survive they will get over it.

Good to hear! :cheers: 

// Sorry -- old forum joke here from a former FF Baseball player that justified trades with his fanbase. Or somesuch. :P

Sent out a bunch of offers with Perine -- not looking for the moon, but some solid value for a front-end RB2 going against some of the worst run defenses over the next few weeks. If you'd prefer to try your luck with McKinnon/Murray then that can happen as well.

Archived