Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

I don't even see what there is to rule on.

At the time of the trade, he could still avoid being Jaxomed.  Teams are allowed to make moves until they are mathematically eliminated.

This has been the rule since the start of this league.  And there is precedent for allowing the trade.  Similar deals have been done in the past.

The only question is if you think he should have recognized his odds were low and just given up.  But thats a personal decision (and one that we probably disagree on), and it has nothing to do with what is or isn't allowed.

4 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

The only question is if you think he should have recognized his odds were low and just given up.  But thats a personal decision (and one that we probably disagree on), and it has nothing to do with what is or isn't allowed.

And I've not said a word about allowed.  I just think he did a shitty thing and should feel shitty about it.

14 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

My opinions are mine to share or not share as I see fit. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West

Fair -- I guess I just don't see the value in bringing it up now. We can change the rule in the future for next year. Anything else is kind of irrelevant and just gets people's hackles up for no point.

8 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

And I've not said a word about allowed.  I just think he did a shitty thing and should feel shitty about it.

2 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

I didn't and I don't.

Yeah ... my point. Or rather, what's the point?

I don't have any problem with allowing a team that can still escape Jaxoming to make trades.  That said, the fact that some teams have a season that effectively ends on week 13 or earlier while others are playing towards week 16 can create unusual player valuations. 

For example, Dunk right now has a chance to avoid Jaxoming, but has no chance at making the playoffs.  He should be allowed to trade to improve his chances at avoiding being Jaxomed.  If one of his elite players, like Shady or AJ Green was going to miss week 13 (from suspension or temporary injury), it would make sense to accept any offer for these players that is better than what he has on his bench or can pick up on the waiver wire, even if that player is substantially inferior to the player that he's trading away because any player not active for week 13 is essentially worthless.  This type of trade only happens because of the Jaxoming mechanic. 

If we are going to allow players trying to avoid Jaxoming to trade, which I think we should, then we are going to have to be OK with these types of trades going through.  The playoff bound team can potentially get a huge playoff boost out of the trade, but all of the other teams also had an opportunity to try and make a trade with the team trying to avoid Jaxoming.

17 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Week 12 Power Rankings/Record/Points 

5) Mya:  55-53 (6-6) 1,692.08 points 
5) Dunknegg:  55-53 (4-8) 1,674.62 points
7) Bronn:  52-56 (7-5) 1,693.12 points 
8) JJ Lannister:  39-69 (7-5) 1,527.72 points 

Jaxoming

POTN and Pyro are Jaxomed in some order and their primary hope for staying in Experts is winning a feeder league. Dunk meanwhile has a better than 50% chance of surviving through power rankings but has a tense week 13 in store.

If JJ is the odd man out, Dunk is safe. Dunk can guarantee his safety by beating JJ and vice versa. 
If Bronn is the odd man out, he needs to finish 3 power ranking spots higher than Dunk in week 13 to stay in the league. Bronn's huge week 12 is what made this possible. 
If Mya is the odd woman out, it will come down to who has the better week 13 between her and Dunk to determine who stays and who is Jaxomed.

I think my chances to stay are as follows:

A) beat JJ and Mya beats POTN

B.) a Mya loss would require me to outscore her by 17.46 regardless of whether or not I win

C) If Mya wins and I lose, my only chance is for Jaime to beat Bronn AND I outscore him by 18.5 ( made difficult by him going batshit crazy last week)

D) If Mya, Bronn and JJ all win, I must outscore Mya by 17.46

1 minute ago, Dunknegg said:

I think my chances to stay are as follows:

A) beat JJ and Mya beats POTN

B.) a Mya loss would require me to outscore her by 17.46 regardless of whether or not I win

C) If Mya wins and I lose, my only chance is for Jaime to beat Bronx AND I outscore him by 18.5 ( made difficult by him going batshit crazy last week)

D) If Mya, Bronn and JJ all win, I must outscore Mya by 17.46

Keep in mind, points don't matter for you. Only power ranking. If Mya loses, you simply need to outscore her this week by any amount as you have the same power ranking. 

Same goes for Bronn if he's the odd man out, except there you have even more wiggle room as you're 3 games ahead of him power rankings-wise. 

Thanks, I forgot that.

I’m so conflicted in how enthusiastically I want to root for Mya. I hope she squeaks by in a defensive struggle. :unsure:

Bronn, may the curse of the dancer visit you if Mya and I falter.

Trade with Week

I give up Witten and get Davante Parker.  With Cutler back behind center, I like Parker a lot this week.  And Agholor is so TD dependent, I didn't want to roll the dice again and hope Ajayi fumbles a TD to him.

On a note TOTALLY unrelated to any previous conversation, I am now starting Fiedorowicz..

30 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Trade with Week

I give up Witten and get Davante Parker.  With Cutler back behind center, I like Parker a lot this week.  And Agholor is so TD dependent, I didn't want to roll the dice again and hope Ajayi fumbles a TD to him.

On a note TOTALLY unrelated to any previous conversation, I am now starting Fiedorowicz..

As someone who has dealt with Parker for the last 2 years -- I'm out on him for the remainder of this year. I think he'll be fine, but I have enough similar WRs (Richardson, Cooper (when healthy, ffs), etc.). Don't love Witten but he's a back-end TE1 to add to my fleabottom bowl o' brown TEs.

56 minutes ago, Week said:

As someone who has dealt with Parker for the last 2 years -- I'm out on him for the remainder of this year. I think he'll be fine, but I have enough similar WRs (Richardson, Cooper (when healthy, ffs), etc.). Don't love Witten but he's a back-end TE1 to add to my fleabottom bowl o' brown TEs.

Parker is definitely not worth the trouble when Matt Moore is the QB.  But with Cutler he can connect.  I feel the same about Witten - he's not so much better than Fievel the Mouse that I felt it was much of a downgrade.

Trade in Experts:

Dunk gets Jamaal Williams
I get Josh Gordon, Orleans Darkwa

Dunk gets an excellent one week RB play in his final week. I get the hopeful playoff potential of Josh Gordon and the force choking ability of the Sith Lord Orleans Darkwa. 

31 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Unless of course Aaron Jones plays, as is looking more and more likely.

Still hasn't practiced. I'd expect Jones to be eased back if he does play and I'd be pretty surprised if Jamaal Williams isn't the bell-cow. The main question to me is whether he gets all the carries like the last few weeks or like 65-70%.

Archived