Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

58 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Good stuff, Jaime!  I'm the 3 seed in Westeros A and, if Brady and Cousins stay healthy, I feel like I always have a puncher's chance.  Jace's team in A looks practically unbeatable, though.  But, as you say, anything can happen in the playoffs.

And, yes, good luck everyone!:)

Did you ever think you'd say that about a team QB'd by Jay Cutler, Geno Smith, Josh McCown, and Jacob Briesette?

Good luck, everyone!

This has been the year of the 'suck-ass NFL QB being good enough'.  Both for the Jets and the Vikings.

It has long been my philosophy that wintry weather plays havoc on weak-armed and/or headed.QBs.  This shall be tested.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m the second seed in W-C and the third seed in W-B. Both teams are looking strong despite QB injuries. Witness me!

I've got the second seed in W-C, so you still need to set your roster this week.

On 11/29/2017 at 3:11 PM, Bronn Stone said:

Trade with Week

I give up Witten and get Davante Parker.  With Cutler back behind center, I like Parker a lot this week.  And Agholor is so TD dependent, I didn't want to roll the dice again and hope Ajayi fumbles a TD to him.

On a note TOTALLY unrelated to any previous conversation, I am now starting Fiedorowicz..

You’re welcome for the pics. 

I’ve gotta be honest, I’m really freaking glad I made the playoffs here. I understand there are some of you who would have said “but you didn’t make trades” - but to be frank, I didn’t accept trades that I considered I would ultimately lose out on. And those were the ones that came my way. 

At any rate, I live to survive another year. And damn fucking skippy, because I would have been really, really upset to go out like that after being a founding member. 

Amari Cooper strikes again.

The Nuk Redemption tour continues even with TJ Yates -- crazy.

Our 4 starting TEs may not break 10 points. Total.

...of course I spoke too soon, TD to OJ Howard

Well, that was a doubly disappointing way to go out -- especially as a Patriots fan. 

Wentz still got the last laugh -- as he outscored Ryan by about 20 (Cooper and Stephen Anderson shitting the bed were also problems).

3 hours ago, Week said:

Well, that was a doubly disappointing way to go out -- especially as a Patriots fan. 

Wentz still got the last laugh -- as he outscored Ryan by about 20 (Cooper and Stephen Anderson shitting the bed were also problems).

Going into MNF, thought you were a shoe in to the next round. It was unfathomable to me Brady wouldn't go for 20+ points against the Dolphins. Was a surreal experience watching him get knocked around and miss throw after throw. 

Wentz would have carried the day for you, no question, but of course if you had Wentz you would definitely have had a bye to begin with so either way he was a ticket to the semis. Although that's where his journey ends...which blows immensely. Still might've been Jaxomed without him (though not positive on that)...so I remain deeply appreciative of his efforts this season and how fun he was to watch and I wish him all the best with his upcoming royal wedding. 

Anyway, I digress. Was a super unlucky week for you, man. Kamara and Cooper getting injured. The two Superbowl QBs doing nothing. Reminds me of a lot of my playoff exits over the years. 

3 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Going into MNF, thought you were a shoe in to the next round. It was unfathomable to me Brady wouldn't go for 20+ points against the Dolphins. Was a surreal experience watching him get knocked around and miss throw after throw.

I didn't want to get too optimistic but I did remember the game a few years ago where the Dolphins played like superstars at home against NE.  I actually thought that I'd lost it when the final Pittsburgh TD came by the ground rather than by Ben.

I had a bye in my money league but that league has a $20 payout every week to the high scorer and I was sitting on the top score, but could be caught by Drake getting 27 or Burkhead getting 20.  That made for a bit of a conflict because I didn't really want Miami on the field (Stills or Drake) or Brady throwing OR Burkhead running.

Archived