Westeros NFL Pick Em

Manhole Eunuchsbane

That Buffalo Indy game is going to haunt me.  I'd be leading the week right now if Viniteri made the field goal.

And figured that since Brady is only .500 or so in Miami, and it was the biggest spread of the week, that was my chance to gamble, as far behind as I am.  I really should have gone more than 8 pts for Miam thoughi- in for a penny, in for a pound.  But if the phins can pull it out, I should move up some at least, and won't have to gamble so much next week.

On 12/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, Bronn Stone said:

Tough week coming up.  Very few games with point spreads of a touchdown or more.  You're guaranteed to have double-digit confidence values on games with spreads under 6.

It was probably the hardest week to pick since early on in the season.

If you can avoid any major stumbles, you'll probably be this year's champion. There are a handful of us bunched up behind you, but I think the gap is probably too larger to overcome unless somebody get's lucky gambling on a few upsets. 

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you can avoid any major stumbles, you'll probably be this year's champion. There are a handful of us bunched up behind you, but I think the gap is probably too larger to overcome unless somebody get's lucky gambling on a few upsets. 

I'm going to stick with the strategy of picking New England every week and putting 16 on them every week (except if a week 17 rest-them-all scenario happens).  This could be my downfall if and only if the Patriots lose.  I will happily trade this pick-em for that world.

Edited by Bronn Stone

6 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I'm going to stick with the strategy of picking New England every week and putting 16 on them every week (except if a week 17 rest-them-all scenario happens).  This could be my downfall if and only if the Patriots lose.  I will happily trade this pick-em for that world.

Well that strategy got you and me both last night, a long with most players in the league.

This week has both Thursday and Saturday games and two Monday (Xmas) games.  Also, only one game currently has a spread of fewer than four points (one is off the board, but Rodgers won't play and Minnesota will be big favorites because of that).  This means bigger risk/reward for picking upsets - which I won't be doing much of considering my 20 point overall lead

Edited by Bronn Stone

On 12/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, Bronn Stone said:

This week has both Thursday and Saturday games and two Monday (Xmas) games.  Also, only one game currently has a spread of fewer than four points (one is off the board, but Rodgers won't play and Minnesota will be big favorites because of that).  This means bigger risk/reward for picking upsets - which I won't be doing much of considering my 20 point overall lead

My inability to make up ground on you has been a most frustrating affair. I've had a string of great weeks, and every time I check your weekly score it's basically the same as mine. :tantrum:

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

My inability to make up ground on you has been a most frustrating affair. I've had a string of great weeks, and every time I check your weekly score it's basically the same as mine. :tantrum:

I've only finished below 4th once in Westeros Pro Football Pick'em and that was ten years ago.

But the NFL-post season is an opportunity to make up ground.  Those games are worth many points.

Edited by Bronn Stone

15 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I've only finished below 4th once in Westeros Pro Football Pick'em and that was ten years ago.

But the NFL-post season is an opportunity to make up ground.  Those games are worth many points.

That’s not shocking to hear, though I thought this league was only a few years old. And for what it’s worth, I finished second last year with the best record.

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That’s not shocking to hear, though I thought this league was only a few years old. And for what it’s worth, I finished second last year with the best record.

The league has come and gone. The first iteration I recall was 2001. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I doubt anyone can catch you unless you forget to make your picks. Now it's pretty much a race for second place for everyone else. 

Speak for yourself! I'm in a race for 6th! I had some really bad weeks that just killed me, then a string of like 3 out of 4 in first or second and yet made up no ground. Obviously I am going with mostly upsets this weekend.

Tywin, this year you bested me and by a lot.

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

Speak for yourself! I'm in a race for 6th! I had some really bad weeks that just killed me, then a string of like 3 out of 4 in first or second and yet made up no ground. Obviously I am going with mostly upsets this weekend.

Tywin, this year you bested me and by a lot.

gotta bet big to win big, my daddy always said... :cheers:

i am still in the hunt for 8th place... watch out Lumpy... :fencing: