Who can Dany marry

norwaywolf123

Westeros has been ravaged by wars for years. THe conflict has lead to a decline in the number of prominent nobles. Who of the nobles left are reasonable choices for Daenerys to marry? Will Daenerys marry. If Daenerys were to marry she could chose to marry a ally or maybe someone she wants to turn over to her side.

What do you think is the criteria that Daenerys will judge potential partners by? What type of personallity? Nobility? Height? Looks? Maybe none of these?

The men who are open to marriage who are reasonable choiches for me are

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Robin_Arryn Lord of the Vale

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Petyr_Baelish 

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jaime_Lannister Maybe is Cersei is gone they can heal the schism?

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Dickon_Tarly Son of Randyll Tarly who is the top dog in the Reach

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Snow  King in the North

Euron Greyjoy

i dont think jaime is on the table. i dont think dany will forgive him breaking his vows and killing her father. robin is far to young, and i have a hard time seeing him survive til the end of series. with the tarlys siding with the lannisters, and helping to eliminate on eof her stronger allies in westeros, i dont see dickon. petyr, might push s suite on her, but if jon or tyrion can convey their own thought on littlefinger, she will likely dismiss him, out of sheer common sense. he is too untrustworthy. i can only see jon and the remaining eligible bachelor, but can they push past their differences? and what about when jon and dany find out jon's real heritage. given targaryen proclivities, she might want to marry him, too secure the bloodline.

51 minutes ago, Graydon Hicks said:

i dont think jaime is on the table. i dont think dany will forgive him breaking his vows and killing her father. robin is far to young, and i have a hard time seeing him survive til the end of series. with the tarlys siding with the lannisters, and helping to eliminate on eof her stronger allies in westeros, i dont see dickon. petyr, might push s suite on her, but if jon or tyrion can convey their own thought on littlefinger, she will likely dismiss him, out of sheer common sense. he is too untrustworthy. i can only see jon and the remaining eligible bachelor, but can they push past their differences? and what about when jon and dany find out jon's real heritage. given targaryen proclivities, she might want to marry him, too secure the bloodline.

In the series all the characters are aged up, i belive that Robin is capeble of fathering children unless he has some condition.

8 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

In the series all the characters are aged up, i belive that Robin is capeble of fathering children unless he has some condition.

i know hes around 12-14 in the series, but its his general health, plus bealish's machinations, that concern me about sweetrobin. i just doubt his health will hold until such time that he can marry. ive no doubt he can father children at his age, its more an issue of will he live long enough to get around to it.

and i definitely prefer tyrion as the ultimate bachelor.

6 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

i know hes around 12-14 in the series, but its his general health, plus bealish's machinations, that concern me about sweetrobin. i just doubt his health will hold until such time that he can marry. ive no doubt he can father children at his age, its more an issue of will he live long enough to get around to it.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Robin_Arryn

Robin is 15 in the series currently

6 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

and i definitely prefer tyrion as the ultimate bachelor.

me too

6 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

In Theory Jon is the only one she can marry, her to marry anyone else would not make sense.

If Daenerys does marry it will be Jon, no one else fits the story.....

• They potentially are the Ice and Fire
  • They both lead similar lives
  • Lost their loved ones in tragic ways
  • Both considered as Gods due to dodging death
  • According Melisandre both have a role to play the prophecy
  • Each have a good following of people for various reasons
  • Both lost two brothers
  • Their most trusted advisors hit it off big time.

Now I know this doesnt mean they definitely will end up together but it does provide a good foundation. Through the meet between Dany and Jon the scene brought them slowly together, the camera shots showed the ground between them and how they got closer. This was very symbolic to show they stared off so far apart but come together, definitely through the help of Tyrion. Jon gets everything he wanted and Daenerys gets nothing. 

5 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

If Daenerys does marry it will be Jon, no one else fits the story.....

• They potentially are the Ice and Fire
  • They both lead similar lives
  • Lost their loved ones in tragic ways
  • Both considered as Gods due to dodging death
  • According Melisandre both have a role to play the prophecy
  • Each have a good following of people for various reasons
  • Both lost two brothers
  • Their most trusted advisors hit it off big time.

Now I know this doesnt mean they definitely will end up together but it does provide a good foundation. Through the meet between Dany and Jon the scene brought them slowly together, the camera shots showed the ground between them and how they got closer. This was very symbolic to show they stared off so far apart but come together, definitely through the help of Tyrion. Jon gets everything he wanted and Daenerys gets nothing. 

Jon is already the song of ice and fire me thinks. I think it is a red herring that daenerys will marry Jon Snow.

4 hours ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Littlefinger and Robin Arryn would only bring her the Vale, while Jon would presumably give her the Vale and the North. Technically, only Bran would be a better catch (if he weren't a robot, that is) because he could also be lord of Riverrun, depending on Edmure's status. 

How can Jon give Dany the vale? Jon Snow has no right to the vale, it is robert arryn who is the lord of the vale!

I think Jon and Dany will discover Jon's parentage before anything serious happens between them, and that will stop them from marrying. As far as we know, Dany is barren; she can't have children. Presumably, they're both the last Targaryen's in existence. If they married, that would be the end of the Targaryen line. Jon is too honorable to take a mistress, and since Dany would be infertile, there would be no more Targaryen heirs. All of Dany's efforts would be for nothing. They could certainly fall in love, but I don't think they would end up marrying. 

12 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Robin_Arryn

Robin is 15 in the series currently

me too

but you dont disagree about my assessment of robin's health being a concern if he was considered for one of dany's suitors?

3 hours ago, MalicerB said:

I think Jon and Dany will discover Jon's parentage before anything serious happens between them, and that will stop them from marrying. As far as we know, Dany is barren; she can't have children. Presumably, they're both the last Targaryen's in existence. If they married, that would be the end of the Targaryen line. Jon is too honorable to take a mistress, and since Dany would be infertile, there would be no more Targaryen heirs. All of Dany's efforts would be for nothing. They could certainly fall in love, but I don't think they would end up marrying. 

actually, their marriage would be quite acceptable by house targaryen standards. remember they have been marrying brother to sister since before they left valyria. its a cultural trait from their homeland to keep the dragonlord bloodlines pure. marrying aunt to nephew is actually quite tame compared to that standard. my issue is whether or not daenerys is barren. considering shes wanting to take back her family's dynasty, how is she supposed to continue it. makes me think martin is forgetting details that fans tend to remember again, like he did with the catspaw the tried to kill bran. they may have simply deus ex machina it and have mel wiggle her fingers.

6 hours ago, MalicerB said:

Please explain? 

As far as i am aware we dont know if Daenerys can have children or not

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Please explain? 

As far as i am aware we dont know if Daenerys can have children or not

it has to do with when she tried to have that witch heal drogo of his blood poisoning. the spell's price ended up being dany's unborn child, who came out dead and deformed. the witch something about dany being able to bear children again when the sun rose int he west and set in the east. was that just the witch being spiteful, was it prophetic, or was it a way of saying that she would never again bear children. that actually a matter up for debate.

Archived