Rhaegar was right and wrong about the three heads.

Jojen Dayne-Reed

Apologies if this has been brought up before but I had a thought about Rhaegar's vision/discovery at Dragonstone.

We will have to assume that Rhaegar is talking to Danny when he says "there must be one more. The dragon has three heads".  If he is talking to Danny, it means he believes Danny and Aegon are two of the heads and he needs one more. 

The obviouse one more is Jon.  

It appears Rhaegar thinks the three heads are Aerys' daughter, his son, and a stark.

he clearly thought the stark needed to be his son but what if he's right about the categories but wrong about the people. 

(I'm assuming fAegon is not really Aegon)

By the end of book five we have three people poised to be really important in the war with the WWs. 

Danny, Jon, Bran.

Aerys' daughter, Rhaegar's son, and a stark.

Just a thought. 

I think most would argue that Aegon is a stronger candidate even if he is a Blackfyre, because a dragon is a dragon. A wolf is not a dragon.

Others will argue that Tyrion is a strong candidate if A+J=T.

Personally, I don't think any character we've seen in the novels so far are any heads of any dragons. In fact, two of the heads of the dragon have yet to be born, and the one that's alive is a character everyone except for me believes is dead. So maybe don't listen to my insane ravings.

39 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

I think most would argue that Aegon is a stronger candidate even if he is a Blackfyre, because a dragon is a dragon. A wolf is not a dragon.

Others will argue that Tyrion is a strong candidate if A+J=T.

Personally, I don't think any character we've seen in the novels so far are any heads of any dragons. In fact, two of the heads of the dragon have yet to be born, and the one that's alive is a character everyone except for me believes is dead. So maybe don't listen to my insane ravings.

Who? You've piqued my curiosity! And while you're at it, indulge me and tell me who are the two heads that haven't been born yet - if you have something specific in mind, that is! :)

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Who? You've piqued my curiosity! And while you're at it, indulge me and tell me who are the two heads that haven't been born yet - if you have something specific in mind, that is! :)

Dany's three children, Rhaego and his siblings.

I'm super crackpot about it. If you get me started I can go for hours. There's a link in my signature.

Hey, I actually feel I understand one of the prophetic visions well B) This is one of the few.

Rhaeger at this point of time has made multiple mistakes. He thinks his first son Aegon, meets the criteria of Ice and Fire when of course it doesn't.

"Will you make a song for him?" the woman asked.

"He has a song," the man replied. "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire." He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Dany's, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door. "There must be one more," he said, though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say. "The dragon has three heads."

The other head he knows about is his daughter Rhaenys. He thinks he needs to have another child and that his children will be the three heads when in fact only one of his children will be, the prince that was promised, one that he hasn't had at this point of time.

6 minutes ago, Jojen Dayne-Reed said:

But I don't think you need to be a targarian to ride a dragon. You need to be a warg. Or a warg by any other name. I think dragon riders/wargs Green dreams/dragon dreams are all the same  thing. 

It's kind of weak if you never needed any Valyrian blood.

I agree that riding dragons is a sort of low-grade warging. But then again, I also think that riding horses (well) is a sort of low-grade warging. It's why Drogo is important (and why Lyanna was important, for that matter). You need both; the Targaryens lost the psychic half of their genes a while ago due to irresponsible crossbreeding, which is why we care so much about certain bloodlines and getting the mix just right.

Archived