Let's settle this: Does Euron have any chance on Dany?

LordImp

I don't think Euron or Victarion plan on wooing Dany and then politely asker for her hand in marriage.  I think the plan is to kidnap her and put a knife to her throat to force her to marry.  That's kind of what all the talk about salt wives and paying the iron price is all about.  I think Dany arriving in Westeros as a prisoner would make for a more interesting story than her arriving at the head of a massive army.

Vic is going to have the horn blown pretty soon, he is not going to wait for Dany or Drogon to get back to Mereen. Or at least he intends to. Vic is definitely a pawn, but who controls him? Euron did originally, but could it now be Moqorro? And what will happen when the horn is blown? I have no idea but the general picture I get is that all the winds preview chapters we have seen stopped just before that point. It will be one of the first new things we read when we get the book.

I think Euron and Dany will be enemies, I don't think Euron wants her as a bride at all, he is definitely more interested in the dragons.

Nah, Euron will be an enemy of first Aegon and then Dany. He's not going to end up on the same side. Besides which, Dany seems to be attracted towards rugged and handsome warriors like Drogo or Daario (who is not Euron or Benjen or Arthur Dayne or whoever else people think he secretly is). That description fits Vic better than Euron, who is a manipulator and, as far as we've seen, not someone who charges blindly into battle.

Archived