The Unholy Consult post-release SPOILER thread III

kuenjato

18 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Jesus dude I just laughed so hard I inhaled my soda.

That was me reading this trash,  except with gagging instead of laughter. 

Is there a wertzone synopsis that miraculously explains this mess in a coherent fashion? 

1 hour ago, Ajûrbkli said:

What do you need explained?

When did a God possess Kel? did little Kel kill big Kell? If not, then how did a skin spy ninja Kel with a trinket? How did that kid get into the Ark in the first place? How/why did the TTT fail? What was the point of Mimara? What was the point of Esme? Why does a centipede/dragon know what human vagina smells like? Why did i just read like a hundred pages of dudes chewing other dudes dicks off?

I guess that would be a good place to start?

With the circumfix and the visit from the 'no god' (which might be any old thing in any old guise), the madness after escaping that and looking at twigs and the dialog between Kellhus and a duplicate Kellhus "But I tend the fields" "Who better to burn them?", plus other phenomena, there seems to be plenty of visions in Kellhus's life. Plenty of room for them to not 'just' be visions (and how could something 'just' be a vision anyway, particularly to a Dunyain) for it to be some supernatural entity playing its own game of conditioning.

We go through books of Kellhus manipulating others - the idea of him being manipulated surely must come to mind? It's almost a trope! Classic story telling.

After that, the gods can't see Kelmomas for some reason (twin souled?), so Ajokli cannot apprehend Kelmomas when he turns up and this disrupts the possession. Kellhus is suddenly confused, for a change - the chorae lock down is lost because Ajokli has left the house and a skin spy manages to salt Kellhus.

So that's two potentially contentious readings/answers.

Does seem odd that Kelmomas would get in and manage to turn up at just that point, though.

One thing I'd like to raise is I wonder if Kellhus would even have worked in the sarcophagus - I suspect only Kelmomas would work in it. The Dunsult were wrong. They could have kidnapped Kelmomas years ago.

The circumfix. No. Thats a good question. That's another good question. Because reasons. She had no point. She also had no point. Because Bakker can't write and is f'ed up in the head. See previous answer.

Most of those are addressed in the Q&A and AMA or in the last thread. although you won't like the answers.

44 minutes ago, Relic said:

......When did a God possess

He's been possessed forever due to the timeless quality of the Outside.

did little Kel kill big Kell?

He broke the possession-avatar momentarily and thus broke Ajokli's hold over the skinspies.

How did that kid get into the Ark in the first place?

He gets grabbed by a skinspy.

How/why did the TTT fail?

Because Kellhus was possessed and didn't realize it.  Ajokli had his own plans.

What was the point of Mimara? What was the point of Esme? Why does a centipede/dragon know what human vagina smells like? Why did i just read like a hundred pages of dudes chewing other dudes dicks off?

To give birth to Jesus (or Kellhus).  To be Kellhus' darkness.  He's got a good sense of smell.  Because Bakker has no editor.

1 hour ago, Ajûrbkli said:

He's been possessed forever due to the timeless quality of the Outside.

He broke the possession-avatar momentarily and thus broke Ajokli's hold over the skinspies.

He gets grabbed by a skinspy.

Because Kellhus was possessed and didn't realize it.  Ajokli had his own plans.

To give birth to Jesus (or Kellhus).  To be Kellhus' darkness.  He's got a good sense of smell.  Because Bakker has no editor.

Death came swirling down.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Most of those are addressed in the Q&A and AMA or in the last thread. although you won't like the answers.

I'm torn between wading into the previous threads and never ever giving a fuck about this story again. 

1 minute ago, Relic said:

I'm torn between wading into the previous threads and never ever giving a fuck about this story again. 

LOL, I feel ya, although I'm beginning ot think the AMA wont actually make you any angrier, might be good to wade in now beofre you  have time to cool off and it pisses you off again. :P

Bakker addresses the whole "Nonmen elsewhere in Earwa" at some point. It might have even been back on Three Seas, but I recall reading something about how the Nonmen were just never expansionist or something and didnt spread. 

15 minutes ago, odium said:

Bakker addresses the whole "Nonmen elsewhere in Earwa" at some point. It might have even been back on Three Seas, but I recall reading something about how the Nonmen were just never expansionist or something and didnt spread. 

Yeah, but there can be ambiguities in how one reads Nonman as being restricted to just Mountain-dwelling Cunuroi.  Cunuroi in Eanna might be so similar to Men in culture that they didn't enter the 'Nonman' schema that the Eannan's possessed i.e. the Tribes consider them another sort of 'man.' 

Archived