The Unholy Consult post-release SPOILER thread III

kuenjato

Just now, redeagl said:

What does his ANSWERS have to do with his books?  Most people don't even read these AMAs.

I don't even know how to respond to that. Because he's ANSWERING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOOKS THAT HE WROTE ASKED BY PEOPLE WHO READ THE BOOKS AND ARE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOOKS. You are basically saying that true = false.

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I don't even know how to respond to that. Because he's ANSWERING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOOKS THAT HE WROTE ASKED BY PEOPLE WHO READ THE BOOKS AND ARE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOOKS. You are basically saying that true = false.

*Facebalms*  I am just saying to not look too much at the AMAs and enjoy ( or hate) the books for it's content not for Bakker's answers...

It's so bizarre that you authored a good chunk of the posts in both of the current threads about Bakker (and many posts in many others before them) and you devote so much time to being so damn salty about these books. I called you caustic ages ago when TGO came out and you changed your title/avatar, could you now change them to "Bakker's Most Masochistic Fan"? :P

Here's a thought experiment: You show Trump the Inverse Fire.  Does he opt for repentance or for exterminating humanity?  Honestly, he probably thinks he could make a deal, wouldn't he? 

So he would take the Kellhus route (or what we thought was the Kellhus route before Bakker said Kellhus wasn't even aware...).

Wait... Ajokli probably loves Trump.

You think he has the strength for either? Smart money says he breaks like a twig, like the two Nonmen who accompanied Mekeritrig (or is that an apocryphal telling of what happened to them? I've only read the Golden Room once.).

11 minutes ago, Ajûrbkli said:

Here's a thought experiment: You show Trump the Inverse Fire.  Does he opt for repentance or for exterminating humanity?  Honestly, he probably thinks he could make a deal, wouldn't he? 

So he would take the Kellhus route (or what we thought was the Kellhus route before Bakker said Kellhus wasn't even aware...).

Wait... Ajokli probably loves Trump.

Trump would do neither. He would beg and plead to be spared, and be willing to do anything to avoid that suffering. He wouldn't be a leader in any way. If Ajokli offered him a deal he'd take it; if someone else told him he had to kill everyone he'd do it. He wouldn't care at all about anyone other than himself in that regard. 

He'd be the really dumb version of Conphas. Maybe Xerius, but with more fucking his daughter.

9 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Dammit... has the board stopped displaying direct Tweets?

I don't think it ever did?

Again I want to apologize for last night, I totally lost my shit. Bad day. That's no excuse I know, but, well, bad day.

OK time to click on that tweet and I assume get angry all over again.

Edit: Wow OK, um. OK...

Why isn't he condemning the Ordeal* for the violence at the recent rally in Golgotterath?

*The alt-right would prefer the Ordeal, right? Despite Kellhus' weakening of patriarchy by letting women inherit and giving slaves more rights, the Consult has a pro-science, pro-illegal immigration, pro-LGBT agenda.

4 minutes ago, Ajûrbkli said:

Why isn't he condemning the Ordeal* for the violence at the recent rally in Golgotterath?

*The alt-right would prefer the Ordeal, right? Despite Kellhus' weakening of patriarchy by letting women inherit and giving slaves more rights, the Consult has a pro-science, pro-illegal immigration, pro-LGBT agenda.

The alt-right would be all about Yatwer. 

Archived