The Unholy Consult post-release SPOILER thread III

kuenjato

To be fair I'm pretty sure it was entirely put on at the TSA folks' behest, not Bakker's. 

And yes, the best conclusion that I can reach is that one should not treat anything that Bakker or Madness says as particularly authoritatively, which is amusing given that one of them is the actual author and that would imply authoritative. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Wow, that's some ego stroking right there.

I should hold Darth RichardCon.

Lol. Seriously, the series have it's fans. You may not like it THAT much. But some people does. If I had the money and the time I would have went ( ZaudunyanniCon, not Darth RichardCon :P ). 

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

It's called denial. It's a stage of grief.

Lel wut. You people are taking an AMA too seriously. No body is in any grief, don't live in a delusion. We got an IMO good albeit controversial ending to the second "act" of the story and I am personally pretty pretty excited for the final series.

2 hours ago, lokisnow said:

The zaudunyani were all enthusiastic cannibal skull fuckers--literally.

why would I go to a con named for them?

7 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

No, we got THE ENDING, as said by THE AUTHOR for OVER A DECADE. These are facts.

How do we not take an AMA with THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK seriously? I can't even wrap my head around that one.

Again, I can't really argue with this because I never thought that the TUC is an ending thing was true. Or at least in the way people have anticipated. I just thought that it will be an ending as much as The Thousandfold Thought ( pun intended) . It wasn't. And I am not disappointed, either way the real ending would be with TNG, else why Bakker talked about it?  It's not like it's a cooking guide. 

PS: Bakker was talking about the third series from TDTCB. I don't buy the " I have nothing planned for it! " either. Remember "Cnaiür is finished. " ?

10 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Vox Day has fans too. I don;t think he has his own convention.

Day's books are shit. His fans are Nazis and he is a Nazi. That's why they are fans. Besides, I heared that they had one big convention a few days ago in a certain county....

1 minute ago, redeagl said:

Day's books are shit. His fans are Nazis and he is a Nazi. That's why they are fans. Besides, I heared that they had one big convention a few days ago in a certain county....

You want to be careful with that kind of logic. I could make a similar argument about Bakker fans all being MRA/rapists.

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

So? He's said, I quote "What comes after determines what comes before". Many times. You can cover your ears and go lalala all yuo want, doesn't change anything.

Lol, me? So he gives a paradox, not scripture, and says he wants people to think about paradoxes - but you're saying the best thing to do is to just take it as scripture?

The best bet you've got here is that his 'after determines before' statement isn't intended by him to be a paradox. The guy who loves throwing paradoxes at people. Particularly those covering their ears. Be skeptical about your own claim.

Edit: As I understand it Bakker will be the one stalking ZaudunyanniCon. His brother might be going to make a documentary about it.

5 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

You want to be careful with that kind of logic. I could make a similar argument about Bakker fans all being MRA/rapists.

Check Goodreads, see Day's page, look at his most popular book. If you are lazy, it's name is " SJWs always lie."

4 minutes ago, redeagl said:

I don't think his fans are that - probably 95% of them just see strength where they aught to really see betrayal.

7 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

So you're saying Bakker is a lying asshole who trolls the shit out of his fans?

Lmao, calm down. Yes, I am saying Bakker is a troll ( That or we can never understand what he says. ) . What does that have to do with his books? 

3 minutes ago, Callan S. said:

Lol, me? So he gives a paradox, not scripture, and says he wants people to think about paradoxes - but you're saying the best thing to do is to just take it as scripture?

The best bet you've got here is that his 'after determines before' statement isn't intended by him to be a paradox. The guy who loves throwing paradoxes at people. Particularly those covering their ears. Be skeptical about your own claim.

I don't...what? Someone asked him a question and he gave an answer. You keep saying that answer isn't true. Are you Bakker? Did you secretly write the books for him? What the hell is even going on here?

1 hour ago, Ajûrbkli said:

It was a convention in London, Ontario for some Bakker fans.  Madness advertised it on his forums and reddit.   I thought about going, but it's like, I knew there wouldn't be that many people so it wouldn't be as interesting as it could be, but if everyone has the same thoughts as me then it's never gonna get going...  But I'm lazy so....

Maybe next year there'll be a hundred people and cosplays! Then I'll go!  I'm sure I could pull off a stellar Achamian.

Come on! If you want to eat the bread you have to help bake it first.

Archived