[Spoilers] EP704 Discussion

Ran

Wasn't Old Nan's story about the Last Hero uniting the First Men and the Children in the show? This would have been the perfect time to mention him again, and confirm that Old Nan's stories are true.

If that was only in the books, then I'm an idiot, and never mind.

Anyway, still the first non-stupid scene on Dragonstone since Stannis left it, so I'm happy.

Just now, falcotron said:

Anyway, still the first non-stupid scene on Dragonstone since Stannis left it, so I'm happy.

Ack, spoke too soon. This was my favorite episode of S4, and then they go right back into rehashing the "Bend the Knee" "No I can't bend my damn knee" conversation, and even dumber than last time. Is the Rant thread open yet?

Dany was never my favorite character but she's quickly becoming my least favorite

I swear if the gets the Iron Throne in the end or something....stop blathering about your rights and the throne and actually be a good ruler for fuck's sake instead of an entitled brat

you're almost like season 1 sansa but with dragons and a violent streak

2 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Wasn't Old Nan's story about the Last Hero uniting the First Men and the Children in the show? This would have been the perfect time to mention him again, and confirm that Old Nan's stories are true.

Saw this really interesting theory on YouTube the other day - suggests they are writing history in the present, or rather bran placed the stories in the past either to direct the present unfolding a certain way, or because the present unfolded a certain way.

Dany going full Mad Queen.  Or trying to anyways, and Jon talking her down.  Interesting dynamic there.  I wonder if she doesn't propose marriage to seal the pact between the North and the rest of the kingdoms, and he tempers her worst impulses.  Call me crazy, but she DID send Da'ario away so that she could marry again, and he IS the key to one of the kingdoms.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Arya is better than Brienne now? Is she literally the best fighter in Planetos?

apparently training with the faceless men for a few months really does wonders with your fighting skill

I can't believe people in this forum are more bothered by Daenerys' "bend the knee" arc (guys this makes sense she is still getting to know Jon) than "Cersei is a badass". I love me some Cersei Lannister, but this is ridiculous. The fact that she is downplaying every single person in Westeros (including fucking Varys and Tyrion), and now got the Iron Bank support apparently, is too much for me. I want to rant and rave.

3 minutes ago, plectrum said:

Dany going full Mad Queen.  Or trying to anyways, and Jon talking her down.  Interesting dynamic there.  I wonder if she doesn't propose marriage to seal the pact between the North and the rest of the kingdoms, and he tempers her worst impulses.  Call me crazy, but she DID send Da'ario away so that she could marry again, and he IS the key to one of the kingdoms.

God please no

Anything but that