[Spoilers] EP704 Discussion

Ran

22 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I mean granted I am a Jonsa shipper (Am I the only one who thinks they are so much like Ned/Cat this season???) but I'd rather them die or be single before Dan/Jon.

I just don't get this.  Are we forgetting that they were raised as brother and sister?  That they view each other as siblings?  Regardless of the fact that they aren't siblings doesn't make a romantic relationship between them any less skeevy as hell. 

Sure sure. Dany and Jon are related, but they don't know that. They don't even suspect it. 

At this point the show has set everything up for a union between them, if only a political one. 

Dany is a single queen in need of allies. 

Jon is a single king in need of allies. 

I half expect either Tyrion, Varys or Davis to suggest a marriage.  

Dany asking Jon to bend the knee at the end of their cave scene seemed to cheapen the moment but hey that's the art of the deal. I get it. Shes got an army and 3 dragons. She's trying to get a huge concession out of Jon. Anyone who understands her character knows that she will help fight off the WW threat regardless, but she's trying to avoid doing it for free. That's smart. 

4 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

I just don't get this.  Are we forgetting that they were raised as brother and sister?  That they view each other as siblings?  Regardless of the fact that they aren't siblings doesn't make a romantic relationship between them any less skeevy as hell. 

Sure sure. Dany and Jon are related, but they don't know that. They don't even suspect it. 

At this point the show has set everything up for a union between them, if only a political one. 

I'm surprised they haven't already. One or all of them might soon, though. 

6 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I wonder why Bran didn't tell Arya: "I saw a chick stubbed you and you running around Braavos with your guts hanging out, you looked beautiful"

She had soup and a nap. I don't know what else she would have needed to do. ;)

I mean, the dragon was stationary, the queen was there, she still had to remove the spear (with all its implications), and everyone saw him fall in the lake.

He fell in the lake without any preparation, deep breath, and with some fatigue and stress (battle + long voyage + battle against dragons and dothrakii).

So......he can't be underwater long enough, right?

4 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Well, Jon and Sansa never were close even if they were raised together as siblings. Sansa thought of Jon (if he thought of him) as her bastard half-brother versus how Jon was with Arya/Bran/Robb. I mean, Sansa was the only one he didn't say goodbye to when he went to the Wall. So to me it is less skeevy because they might've grown up together but they didn't have any type of relationship. 

Also, I'm not saying i don't see why the Dany/Jon wouldn't happen or that they aren't setting up the cards for that. I see that.

Part of a ship is that it doesn't necessarily have to follow the storyline of the actual series or the proposed storyline.

I mean, I'm writing a fanfic about Sansa being chosen by Jaqen to become a Faceless man versus Arya and an eventual ship between them but that's obviously not happening any time soon.

Speaking of that I got a very angry commenter on it who basically was like how dare you for making an AU fic and playing out the idea and how I'm apparently stealing characters storylines and am I gonna make Sansa a three-eyed Raven now because lady died or am I gonna make her the next Lord Commander and why am I ignoring Arya and her brilliant tomboyness and Sansa's not supposed to do that and just sheesh

Whoever that was was either trolling or needs to get off the internet

8 minutes ago, Paid Debt Lannister said:

I saw Walder Frey flirting with you before you killed him you looked beautiful

I saw you staring at our brother's maimed and headless corpse at the Red Wedding you looked beautiful

43 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Davos said "Forgive me if I chose to switch sides".

What does that line mean? Is he suggesting to his king, in front of a different monarch's close advisor, that he might change sides to her cause?

Humor.  He was complimenting Daenarys by way of a joke.  Pretty straightforward really.

6 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Arya beating Brienne is one of the dumbest things imaginable. 

This episode was a ton of fun though can't deny that. 

Arya fought in a style Brienne was completely unfamiliar with. Brienne was also holding back to begin with. Arya also learned her lesson fighting Sandor and do didn't try stabbing an armored opponent. She evaded until she saw an opening.  I didn't find it anymore ridiculous than when she changes her face.  The girl had a training from Hell and is now a badass with a Valyrian steel dagger. I also suspect Brienne will be more wary when they duel again. 

I loved this episode. Loved it more than any before I think. But, Jaime should have died. C'mon. This is the show that made it's name off of the "not rescuing the hero at the last minute" and they continually were rescuing the hero in that scene. 

But that's my biggest gripe, because from start to finish this was great. 

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

Arya fought in a style Brienne was completely unfamiliar with. Brienne was also holding back to begin with. Arya also learned her lesson fighting Sandor and do didn't try stabbing an armored opponent. She evaded until she saw an opening.  I didn't find it anymore ridiculous than when she changes her face.  The girl had a training from Hell and is now a badass with a Valyrian steel dagger. I also suspect Brienne will be more wary when they duel again. 

Agreed! Loved this scene. Arya ia smaller and swifter than Brienne and she knows how to move. Seeing her hold needle behind her back reminded me of her dancing lessons with Syrio Forel back in season 1.