[Poll] How would you rate episode 704?

Ran

How would you rate episode 704?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

First great episode of the season, easily a 10. The battle was incredible and there was some real dread as you weren't sure if beloved characters were going to make it out alive. I don't think I was this nervous watching a tv show since the first season finale of True Detective. 

Great episode.  Gave it a 9.

Better Stark reunion than the last one.  I do admit for a second I wondered if Sansa was going to mention Bran at all to Arya.  Still no mention of Rickon, which is absurd.

They are dragging out the LF comeuppance.  IMO, no need to wait for final episode of season to do that.

Groundwork for Dany/Jon romance was subtle---not!  Anvil, baby!

Fantastic battle scene!  I hope my neighbors didn't hear me scream, yell "form square", and chant "Dickon" or they might wonder about me.  Glad to see Bronn and Jaime do their stuff, and it was very brave of Jaime to stay and fight.  Also, Tyrion's mixed emotions were good to see. Glad to see Qyburn's device work, but not quite enough.  Final shot of Jaime was really well done.  They should submit this episode to Emmys on behalf of the director, IMO

Edited by nara

Hmm.  I enjoyed it I have to admit, especially compared to the last episode and the show over the last few seasons in general. 

7/10

I have to say that Arya lasting five seconds against Brienne, let alone beating her, is the dumbest thing I've seen in quite some time.  Just for that I'm tempted to lower it more tbqh  this one scene lowers my score a bit lol  some other stuff too but that really bugged me  luckily a lot of good stuff in this one tho

Overall an enotable episode it just becomes less so when I think about the plot holes from the previous ones -__-  

Arya me Sansa reunion was  great to see :)

Edited by Snormund

For me this was pure perfection.

I've been very critical of the season thus far (and for good reason), with the exception of last week's outing.

But THAT ending. Golly. And Arya-Brienne duel. It was brilliant. Arya-Sansa reunion, Jon-Dany (blossoming) romance actually, I'm feelin' it and seriously didn't think I would. Bronn and Jaime camaraderie. Tyrion's mixed feelings at observing his family's soldiers being mercilessly burned and hacked to death, the horrors of war. That was a poignant touch.

There were so many great moments, despite a slow start. The dialogue was effective this time around, the character interactions believable.

I have to give it 10/10. Sumptuously directed visuals as well. Atmospheric music.

They have outdone themselves with this one and it would be pure bias to deny it. I didn't think I'd ever say that again about a GoT episode but there you go.

Edited by Krishtotter

8/10. Best episode since S5, and gives me renewed hope for enjoying the end of the series.

Only the "No I won't bend my damn knee" once-again-but-more-stupid part really drags it down for me. Most of my other non-trivial problems were with the battle, which was overall so much fun that I can forgive them.

After what was an amazing low for me last week, this was an amazing high for me this week. Probably the best episode ever. I was so much more into that dragon battle than I ever expected I would be! I was on edge the whole time and could feel my heart racing. It was phenomenal and beautifully done. 

9/10

The Winterfell scenes were amazing, although Bran continues to bug me. The Sansa/Arya reunion was just as sweet and awkward as one would expect it to be.

As for battle, the show was never the most aesthetically pleasing, but when it comes to showing grit of the battle, it is unparalleled on the TV. If Battle of the Bastards was chaotic, this one was hellish. It wasn't masterfully directed as BoB was (they really need Sapochnik) but that Dothraki ride was AWESOME. It just reminded me of Rohirrim on Pelennor Fields. 

9 minutes ago, falcotron said:

8/10. Best episode since S5, and gives me renewed hope for enjoying the end of the series.

Only the "No I won't bend my damn knee" once-again-but-more-stupid part really drags it down for me. Most of my other non-trivial problems were with the battle, which was overall so much fun that I can forgive them.

The battle was awesome!!!!!- I was curious what the dragons would look like in battle and how they'd hold up against the big weapon.