[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

9 hours ago, teej6 said:

And did anyone notice Bran seems more accepting of Arya? He hugged Arya back when she hugged him, while he didn't do the same with Sansa in the previous episode. Is that supposed to mean something?

Yeah, it seemed to me like Bran is more warm while meeting Arya than he was an episode ago while meeting Sansa. I think that it might be caused by how Meera points his cold feeling towards herself, Jojen and Hodor out to him.

9 hours ago, Sir Dingleberry said:

Also, Danny dodged the first shot and then completely ignores the fact that a second shot is coming. Somewhat confused by her complete lack of even attempting a dodge. 

I don't think that she dodged the first shot. The arrow just missed her. She wasn't trying to dodge it. I think that she wasn't aware of the crossbow being there until the arrow flew past her.

9 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

- Sparing between Brienne and Arya was rediculous. Arya trained with Syrio  for a couple of months like 6 years ago. The Needle was made for 7 y.o. Arya, why didn't she outgrew it?

Yeah. I get that Needle has a symbolic value to Arya but maybe she should hire a smith to make it slightly longer.

9 hours ago, Snormund said:

Though actually:  why the fuck didn't Mel suggest a shadow baby to kill ramsay to Jon? I'm sure Jon would have done that to save Rickon.  

Because that, my sweet summer child, would be damn too easy.

6 hours ago, Zombiecharro said:

didnt read all if some one point it out before i adhere to him/her but WTF kaleesee you could have destroyed half a soldiers line in a single HORIZONTAL pass, jesus girl flanking is the most basic military tactic. put you shit together. 

True.

6 hours ago, SerProle said:

Given how many people are expecting Dany and Jon hooking up, almost nobody at my house is buying the chemistry, there just isn't much. Everyone remembers Jon and Ygritte, that was sparky from the first moment. I didn't even know until a long time later they were a thing in real life, they were great on screen.

I'm not buyng it either but honestly I was expecting Dany and Jon to kiss any second in the cave because it's so obvious that J+D is going to happen sooner or later.

4 hours ago, TywinBestCharacter said:

Cersei plot armor+ plot sword + plot cannon. Seriously, this is absurd. She blows up the most holy site of the religion (which was undergoing a massive resurgence) killing hundreds of nobles and commoners, her son dies, she takes the throne, being a woman and with no claim who just was paraded naked through the streets as a sinner and... ? Nothing.

I remember reading a theory (well, maybe not a theory but rather a research among the endless number of marriages in ASOIAF lore or something like this) that Cersei in fact is the heir of House Baratheon. Not because of being Robert's wife but because a long long time ago a Baratheon married a Lannister. With Jaime being in Kingsguard and Tyrion an outlaw wanted for regicide, fathercide and whorecide, Cersei is the rightful heir. I don't know how reliable or true the theory actually is, I just wanted to point it out.

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

Dany ought to be wearing mail, or at least a padded leather jack and helmet, given the warning she received in Episode 3 about being hit by stray arrows.

I haven't thought of this but you're completely right.

2 hours ago, ogi said:

Anyone knows where to get the hair spray Dany uses? 

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Ser Quork said:

I hope they don't miss the opportunity for Arya to recall LF meeting with Roose because I have no idea why LF is still breathing.

Do you mind to elaborate? Because IIRC, LF met Roose in S5 when Arya was in Braavos. Or do you mean LF meeting Tywin back in S2 when Arya was in Harrenhall? If you mean the meeting of LF and Tywin, I suppose that mentioning it would achieve little to nothing because everyone knows that LF used to serve the Crown / the Lannisters, while now, as Sansa said, he declared for House Stark.

6 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

I agree completely, that they cut too many characters & Lannisters being a threat is ridiculous.

But paying for it??  I hate to run to D&D's defense, but not even GRRM can figure out how his AFFC/ADWD characters tie in with the story.  I'd like to see it, and I think it will make an epic tale, but all evidence points to the fact GRRM has bitten off more than any one person can chew - in fact, an eighth book is not only looking likely - but necessary IMO.

Had at minimal, Dorne been introduced with a certain Princess and since The Golden Company is actually being mentioned, a certain other potential claimant to the Iron Throne.

I think that D&D&C are overly invested in Lena Headey and nothing personal, but that is a mistake, the story is supposed to be bigger than the characters or any one character. The show differs.

Also, the Sansa ripple effect from Season 5 still Haunts this show.

So I'm sure all this has been said before, but here are my thoughts. I think this episode was not that bad to be honest.

Arya - I think the problem I am having with Arya is she is just super badass and unstoppable when the only "training" she received in Bravos was getting her ass kicked with a stick and then boom all of a sudden she was a badass. When did she become a master water dancer? Just think if in Bravos they showed us an 80's montague with her getting being terrible at several things at the beginning then getting better at them towards the end it would have been better then just the half dozen getting ass kicked with stick ones we got. They needed to take a page from Rocky IV. It just doesn't work with the story they told.

Cersei - It just sounds to unbelievable that Highgarden had enough gold to pay off all the debts to the IB that were accumulating from when Robert was King.

Battle - I actually really thought this scene was awesome. I have a couple things that stuck in my mind. First, very convenient that the gold made it to Kings Landing, but how close are they? Second, I'm getting tired of every army having GPS pinpoint location of the opposing armies when they need to ambush them but not knowing where any armies are so they can be ambushed? Seriously 3 weeks in a row everyone knows everything unless it is easier for the plot that they don't.

Drogon - Again I really liked this scene. But going by show logic this socrpian can not kill a dragon. It can give it a flesh wound and maybe hundreds of these things can, but a single shot nope. Hear me out. With a straight shot this was able to penetrate the unarmored area of the wing, but it was so shallow that Dany was able to pull it out easily. How will that be able to pierce the armored hide of a dragon? The only way I will believe that could kill a dragon is if it is shot down the dragons throat or a dragon just decides to sit point blank with it aiming at its heart.

7 hours ago, teej6 said:

So D&D, in the Inside the Episode segment say that this is the first battle in which we are supposed to care about both sides. So in the Blackwater episode, which side were we not supposed to care about? Of course, D&D couldn't have wanted the audience to root against St Tyrion. This just goes to show how much they hated Stannis from the get go and always saw him as a villian. They probably even think that Cersei is more moral and humane than Stannis. 

Not only do they hate Stannis, I am starting to think that they deliberately try to belittle GRRM´s work. The Battle of Blackwater was a masterfully crafted piece of work both i books and the show (I think Martin wrote this script, correct me if I am wrong), exactly for the same reasons this two hacks try to attribute to themselves.

I also suppose they think that back them only book fans would care for poor Davos, before he became KH´s most devout follower.

I was also somewhat annoyed that St. Tyrion didn’t push back when that Dothraki said “Your people can’t fight”. St. Tyrion in my estimation should have told that Dothraki to go pound sand.

Fact is that it would seem that much of the Lannister infantry did stay in formation after watching many of the comrades get horribly burned alive. That was no small act of courage.

Obviously, the Lannister regime is horrid, but most of those men come from St. Tyrion’s homeland and don’t get a say in who they will fight for. It just seems to me that St. Tyrion might have taken up for his own people, just a little.

30 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think that D&D&C are overly invested in Lena Headey and nothing personal, but that is a mistake, the story is supposed to be bigger than the characters or any one character. The show differs.

Agreed.

She is no longer enough to be the main villain and they are stretching her story out too much.

There is an army of magical ice zombies. Can we pleeeeeeaaase see them?

26 minutes ago, Armand Gargalen said:

Not only do they hate Stannis, I am starting to think that they deliberately try to belittle GRRM´s work. The Battle of Blackwater was a masterfully crafted piece of work both i books and the show (I think Martin wrote this script, correct me if I am wrong), exactly for the same reasons this two hacks try to attribute to themselves.

I also suppose they think that back them only book fans would care for poor Davos, before he became KH´s most devout follower.

That's baffling to me for two reasons. 1, a lot of people rooted for Stannis at the Blackwater if for no other reason than he would've avenged Ned by punishing all the people in King's Landing responsible for killing him and starting the war, nevermind that Stannis himself has his own following (as does Davos) and that Robb and co. were hoping for his victory. 2, are we meant to care that much about the Lannister force? Jaime is the only sympathetic and significant character there, and he's fighting for a regime more cruel and corrupt than it was under Tywin. I don't even like Dany or her Dothraki invasion of westeros, but that doesn't make me a fan of the Euron-Cersei batshit power alliance. 

I am actually surprised that no one has mentioned it till now. And I'm sure this is only a small nitpick, but

A DRAGON'S SKELETON IS BLACK> DRAGONBONE IS BLACK!!!

I remember Tyrion mentioning something about the high iron content of a dragon's skeleton.

Littlefinger gives the valyrian steel daggor with the dragonbone hilt to Bran. (I assume he had the grip remade to have some gold artwork on top of the supposedly plain hilt). So happy to see that the hilt was black.

In the last episode, it killed me to see those magnificent dragon skulls in a dull white paint. It's a DRAGON'S SKULL YOU IDIOTS! THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AN IMPOSING, SHINY BLACK ONYX COLOUR. GIVE THEM RESPECT.

34 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It's a shame that all the problems with Cersei's lingering presence could have been dealt with if they had just added Young Griff to the story in season 5. Cersei would have been long gone by now and we'd actually have a leader that the smallfolk wouldlove on the Iron Throne, which would make it a lot more interesting when Daenerys comes to claim the throne from a good ruler as opposed to trying to claim it from one who as good as commit genocide, but somehow still has enough of a following to retain her throne.

maybe they couldn't "reveal" the story behind Jon's death/re-birth just yet, but i thought they really missed an opportunity with the dialogue between Dany and Jon.

Missandei explains how "Dany's followers chose her to lead them, not because of who her ancestor's were, but because of what she has accomplished and what she has the potential to accomplish."  later, Jon gives Dany advice, stating how those dragons represent Dany's ability to make the impossible actually possible.  the dragons are proof that she is special, and she should let that be known.  

(i thought at this moment, Dany would fly over King's Landing with Drogon [we've seen clips of this in past seasons].  not even to launch an attack or kill anyone, but simply to show the people of King's Landing that dragons do exist, and she is there.  it would have been a very powerful moment if the smallfolk are milling around Flea Bottom and other part's of the city, as a giant shadow passes over head, and they look up to see a gigantic dragon with a Targaryen on its back fly up and land on the highest tower of the Red Keep.  forget flying dragon banners... just fly your dragon!  show the people they exist and that they are yours.  the people will be yours too, after that.)

when Dany (still) demands that Jon bend the knee, he could have very easily said, "well, my people chose me to lead also.  they saw what i had accomplished.  it's not just that i am the blood of Stark, but what i have done for my people that has earned their trust and support.  and I too have done something many thought impossible.  i rose from the dead."

they both have the unwavering faith of their followers, both because of who they are but also because of the super-natural abilities they have both proven to possess.  Jon needs to make Dany see that they are more alike than she is willing to admit.

1 minute ago, JordanJH1993 said:

It's a shame that all the problems with Cersei's lingering presence could have been dealt with if they had just added Young Griff to the story in season 5. Cersei would have been long gone by now and we'd actually have a leader that the smallfolk wouldlove on the Iron Throne, which would make it a lot more interesting when Daenerys comes to claim the throne from a good ruler as opposed to trying to claim it from one who as good as commit genocide, but somehow still has enough of a following to retain her throne.

Cersei and Littlefinger are souring this show. They are past the expiration date and making everying else near them seem less appealing just like rotten food in a refrigerator.

Is it possible to whitewash Tyrion even more? Now he will have to stop Dany to save the world! it's a war but he doesn't want anyone to die. now Dany is killing the people who fought for the enemy and was trying to kill her...but he is upset and wants to stop her too.

Oh and was Bronn laughing at Dickon when he said his name because his name has "Dick" in it? That is the only reason I can think of and if someone could explain why his name was funny and I missed something please let me know. Otherwise congratulations to the writers, maybe next week someone will say they have to "do their homework" and a the reply will be a Beavis and Butthead grunt "Uh-huh-huh-huh you said do your homework" real riveting stuff.

Davos is no longer a character, but rather a bystander who exists solely to ship Dany and Jon for the audience's benefit.

Jaime having ever gone back to Cersei makes even less sense now. His stand against Daenerys would have been so much more powerful if he wasn't already supporting someone who has burned people alive.

2 minutes ago, PrinceOfTheSummerIsles said:

In the last episode, it killed me to see those magnificent dragon skulls in a dull white paint. It's a DRAGON'S SKULL YOU IDIOTS! THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AN IMPOSING, SHINY BLACK ONYX COLOUR. GIVE THEM RESPECT.

That is unfortunate indeed, but the original dragon skull in season 1 was also white. At least this time there was a dungeon filled with dragons skulls, not just one. Baby steps. :P

17 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Fact is that it would seem that much of the Lannister infantry did stay in formation after watching many of the comrades get horribly burned alive. That was no small act of courage.

That's another thing I liked about the battle. The Lannisters put up a good fight considering what they were up against. And it is unfortunate that the show seldom put any stock in armor. It would be nice to see Dothraki fight against armored knights, not just foot archers, and light infantry.

10 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Davos is no longer a character, but rather a bystander who exists solely to ship Dany and Jon for the audience's benefit.

Hahaha! Davos has become Westeros' answer to cupid. Little does he know he is encouraging a nephew to try it on with his aunt.

12 hours ago, direwoofwoof said:

What about the cave drawings? That seemed very convenient for Jon... here, believe my story because we found these ancient drawings that show you the army of the Dead are real. They even had blue paint for the eyes those clever children of the forest... is there even a forest on Dragonstone?

I haven't finished reading the full forum so I do not know if anyone responded to you but my question is --
*CoTF created the WWs (show)
*Starks were congenial with the CoTF (book)
*Bran 'the Builder' Stark built the wall with magic (book and show)
*CoTF and the First Men, led by the Last Hero (Azor Ahai?)  fought against the WWs. (show)

??What did the WWs do to the CoTF, their creators, that made the CoTF and the First Men band together against the WWs??

Have I missed something?

14 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

just like Varys, minus the ship thing

it hurts me what they did to Varys. the actor is so good but all the fucking lines go to Dinklage

Archived