[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

1 hour ago, Duckface said:

Which part of "without repercussion" you didn't get?
Also, she would be the same as EVERYONE ELSE in that universe and i don't get this narrative of Dany having mad queen reputation because almost 20 years ago there was a Mad King? Like how many of the people from that time are still alive in medieval setting where life expectancy is like 35-40 years old. Oh, and btw, nobody seems to care that Cersei blew up the Pope (High Septon) and  Vatican (Baelor's Sept )in the middle of the city killing hundreds of people, a queen that everybody liked, a High Septon everybody liked and her own kin? Yeah, and somehow everybody thinks Dany might be mad and not Cersei.

Apparently, I didn't get it at all. Since this is a forum...I am allowed to state my opinion...And English is not even my second language, so I guess, if I violated any rules, I do apologise, but not to you- to a person I wrote that reply in the first place.
I am not arguing that Cersei is not bad. She definitely is, I just think that they all want Dany to be better than that. Jon actually told Dany this when they first met "...which means at very least you're better than Cersei..." For now Dany is not mad, just power-hungry, while Cersei has already gone past the power-hungry part to complete madness.

12 hours ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

No mention of Rickon from Arya is truly unbelievable...I guess Sansa already knew about his death for some time and Bran is green-baked but seriously?

Agree. Will Arya ever ask ? Maybe Jon will tell her when he gets back?

Like the Dragons, took forever to give their names on screen. Only one season left.

1 hour ago, boojam said:

Agree. Will Arya ever ask ? Maybe Jon will tell her when he gets back?

Like the Dragons, took forever to give their names on screen. Only one season left.

I agree. It was strange. It could be played out in no time in the crypts like showing Rickon's grave near Ned's:

A: How did he die?

S: My husband Ramsay killed him

A: Where is your husband now?

S: I fed him to his dogs.

A: OK

Probably this information would be revealed later to set up a conflict between Sansa and Arya.

13 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Of course. History of Europe is full of heavy cavalery charges against "walls" of shields. Look at the Bayeux Tapestry…

That's why units of specialized pikemen were created…

Actually, at the Battle of Hastings the Normans weren't faring well against the Anglo-Saxon shield wall until one of the Saxon flanks broke ranks and pursued a unit of fleeing Norman cavalry, thus breaking the shield wall. So shield walls were in fact effective when it came to resisting cavalry charges

5 minutes ago, Lord Giggles said:

Actually, at the Battle of Hastings the Normans weren't faring well against the Anglo-Saxon shield wall until one of the Saxon flanks broke ranks and pursued a unit of fleeing Norman cavalry, thus breaking the shield wall. So shield walls were in fact effective when it came to resisting cavalry charges

Weren't they charging up a hill, too?

15 hours ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

No mention of Rickon from Arya is truly unbelievable...I guess Sansa already knew about his death for some time and Bran is green-baked but seriously?

Or even Robb or Catelyn. Bran was north of the wall when they were killed. I know Sansa and Arya knew about their deaths, but you'd think that the first time they've seen each other they might want to mention them. Joffrey was mentioned more than their mother and oldest brother.

So as far as we know Aegon the Conqueror was never  un-dragon-ed*.  does Dany know this? What tactics did Aegon use? After all they had ballistas then too. So Dany needs a lesson in history.

Aegon wore armor when in battle, Dany needs to learn that too.

*as far as we know neither were Visenya and Rhaenys 

5 hours ago, WinterPool Stark said:

It's worked on their audience. I made a comment elsewhere that I was surprised I actually felt sorry the Lannister soldiers. Someone replied (show only watcher) 'so you should, they're are the good guys'.

Like what? The Lannisters are the good guys?!?

The show is carried by CGI, Blood, Butts and Boobs. The Lannisters glory is in there and it seems to have rubbed off on people. Now, take the Starks in contrast. This is book spoilers here so be warned.

Robb does not marry a potato sack wearing foreign camp follower in the books. The show made him a complete dumb ass. Take Sansa, her book character, after her father died, became resistant to the Lannisters and their plots, not a submissive wife to Tyrion and then willingly wed and bed a Bolton. Now, the Lannisters from the books, Tyrion is no Saint, he is Greedy, Spiteful and Vindictive and it is all about him. Cersie ordered the slaughter of Robert's illegit kids, not Joffrey and Jaime is not sniffing around her crotch like a dog in heat this late in the game. As a matter of fact, he is almost a fully changed man.  

The thing that's been bothering me is how Bran's announcement that he is the three eyed raven/crow/whatever is being handled. Regardless of how he might "prove" to the listener  who/what he is " "chaos is a ladder...", "yeah Sis, I saw you're 'wedding'..." or whatever, why isn't his "pronouncements" that he's the three eyed raven/crow/whatever met with more of  a "Whaaa...? WTF you talkin' 'bout, Willis?" sort of attitude? I mean, is the concept of a 3EC something well known to all? That a guy can see the past, present and future all at once so readily accepted?

"Well, it's hard to explain..."

"Oh, OK, no worries, then. Have a nice... ummm... day, there, Bran."

My kid brother comes home after a long absence in a frozen wasteland spouting such tales and it's off to the Citadel's looney bin cell with you for a nice long rest.  

41 minutes ago, Quoth said:

That a guy can see the past, present and future all at once so readily accepted?

What are the evidences that Bran can see the FUTURE??

I can admit he's able to deduct it, from what he sees of the present…

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The show is carried by CGI, Blood, Butts and Boobs. The Lannisters glory is in there and it seems to have rubbed off on people. Now, take the Starks in contrast. This is book spoilers here so be warned.

Robb does not marry a potato sack wearing foreign camp follower in the books. The show made him a complete dumb ass. Take Sansa, her book character, after her father died, became resistant to the Lannisters and their plots, not a submissive wife to Tyrion and then willingly wed and bed a Bolton. Now, the Lannisters from the books, Tyrion is no Saint, he is Greedy, Spiteful and Vindictive and it is all about him. Cersie ordered the slaughter of Robert's illegit kids, not Joffrey and Jaime is not sniffing around her crotch like a dog in heat this late in the game. As a matter of fact, he is almost a fully changed man.  

They ruined Jaime. How can you care after all of this. Through 7/8 seasons, he's been helping Cersei do horrible things. He could suddenly do something good, and too little, too late. They trashed him.

2 hours ago, boojam said:

So as far as we know Aegon the Conqueror was never  un-dragon-ed*.  does Dany know this? What tactics did Aegon use? After all they had ballistas then too. So Dany needs a lesson in history.

Aegon wore armor when in battle, Dany needs to learn that too.

*as far as we know neither were Visenya and Rhaenys 

The fact that isn't wearing any kind of armor is pretty dumb especially given the fact that she has been advised by Tyrion and Missandei not to fly her dragon in battle because of the danger of being hit with arrows.

Why did Sansa forget to mention to Arya that Rickon is dead?  She just says oh yeah, Bran is home too, but they both forget about their youngest brother.

Why oh why is Winterfell such a shit hole?

Did empowered-grain managing-armour improving-Lady-Sansa forget that it might be a good idea to get some glass so they can get those glass gardens going again before Winter comes or did the show forget about them since season 1? 

Archived