[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  Maybe he's not really a Maester, maybe he's an animal activist protecting the ravens, and their feathers, from Sandra incase a certain Power Dress comes back in style.  HA  Honestly, I have no idea where this Maester came from.  I do vaguely recall one there with the Boltons, didn't one 'announce' the birth of Roose's new son right in front of both Boltons.  Then, Ramsey murder Pops right in front of one, right?  HA, I confess, wasn't a scene I wanted to rewatch so I can't be certain of the details, nor the identity of said Bolton Maester.  If I were Jon, I think I'd insist on a replacement.  It's making the animal activist in disguise look like a good idea, isn't it? 

IIRC, I thought Maester Luwin said that not all, not many, Maesters have the Valyrian Steel link that represents magic?  I can't recall if that was book and show.  I'm guessing book, def., show??  Who knows, LOL

Honestly, worrying for Bran's state would at least be something to kill time with while the Starks await permission from the Ds to do away with BatFinger.  I'm guessing......the permission is lost on the Westerosi Web somewhere. 

Hey, if he's an animal activist, I'm all for keeping him on.  Ghost needs all the advocates he can get.  And so do the ravens.

But, Branbot is a really weak element.  Even weaker than Sansa and her degree in armor/metallurgy.  

I think we've got LF under the last episode or maybe they will kill him in ep. 6.  Or is that the wight hunt?  So, ep. 6 is the secondary character wighthunt blood bath.  That leaves the last ep for we know what.  So, then he will either get it next week or last ep of the season.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Hey, if he's an animal activist, I'm all for keeping him on.  Ghost needs all the advocates he can get.  And so do the ravens.

But, Branbot is a really weak element.  Even weaker than Sansa and her degree in armor/metallurgy.  

I think we've got LF under the last episode or maybe they will kill him in ep. 6.  Or is that the wight hunt?  So, ep. 6 is the secondary character wighthunt blood bath.  That leaves the last ep for we know what.  So, then he will either get it next week or last ep of the season.

I'm afraid we may be stuck with LF to the bitter end of this season.  I'm not up and knowledgeable on all the leaks and when this and that happens.  Considering it's been a few seasons now that every LF scene seems a drawn out, cringe worthy abomination, I can't see why his death would be any different.  It'll take forever to get here, just like he takes forever to utter his stupid lines with that stupid, raspy accent. 

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm afraid we may be stuck with LF to the bitter end of this season.  I'm not up and knowledgeable on all the leaks and when this and that happens.  Considering it's been a few seasons now that every LF scene seems a drawn out, cringe worthy abomination, I can't see why his death would be any different.  It'll take forever to get here, just like he takes forever to utter his stupid lines with that stupid, raspy accent. 

Another self created problem.  Once he's in WF and Jon is king the only way he can do anything interesting would be to further destroy Sansa's character by having her actually conspire with him....and I guess they're only willing to have smirks and looks from her, not any more treason.  If they had any Northern lords in the show he might have conspired with one of them...it would be stupid, but better than seeing him every episode for 1 minute and 3 lines of nothing.  Or, just have killed him the fuck off last year as they should have.  Brienne could have told Sansa what LF did....presumably she would have gotten it from Jamie or someone when she was in KL for the wedding.  And have Sansa Stark out on him sentence him to death...the end.  Instead they have dragged it out and out and out.

I thought his accent has been more under control this year, actually.

3 hours ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Was that review written by Book!Cersei? Because that sounds like something Book!Cersei would say to paint herself as the victim/hero, delusional as she was. Show!Cersei, on the other hand, doesn't even bother to justify her evil fuckery. She's evil for the sake of being evil. Soooo interesting. 

I'm honestly beyond sick of the Lannisters, in both the show and the books. I don't like Aegon or that whole plot, but I'd take anything over the Lannisters and their infinite lives. 

Lol I'm with you in that

I just watched an old interview with GRRM from years ago where he talks about how the Show came about and D&D both feature in it also where they say George wanted a faithful adaptation and they wanted that too. 

The show has not been faithful to the spirit of the books for several seasons and the characters have been simplified and ruined. There's also the fact the show has done an awful job of displaying character's skills without dumbing down or detracting from other characters.

The writing is so bad the characters are doing nonsensical things that don't suit their character and the plot lines most have been given are terrible. It just really feels like they have no idea what to do anymore, which is why we have so many utterly pointless scenes, yet nowhere near enough with real character development or progression.

The show seems like it is really simplifying everything and disregarding characterization in order to get to the end point of plot. So much they are doing feels like filler instead of telling and advancing a complex, multi-layered story. 

The show is just going for fan service (hence the unnecessary callbacks to previous seasons and giving certain characters popular things from the books), shocks and cheap thrills as opposed to anything meaningful.

48 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Another self created problem.  Once he's in WF and Jon is king the only way he can do anything interesting would be to further destroy Sansa's character by having her actually conspire with him....and I guess they're only willing to have smirks and looks from her, not any more treason.  If they had any Northern lords in the show he might have conspired with one of them...it would be stupid, but better than seeing him every episode for 1 minute and 3 lines of nothing.  Or, just have killed him the fuck off last year as they should have.  Brienne could have told Sansa what LF did....presumably she would have gotten it from Jamie or someone when she was in KL for the wedding.  And have Sansa Stark out on him sentence him to death...the end.  Instead they have dragged it out and out and out.

I thought his accent has been more under control this year, actually.

It's the rasping of his voice that is killing me, LOL  It seems phonier than usual, errr.....the last couple of seasons. 

49 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

I've given some thought to whether they burn him after his execution.  Are there actually any wildlings around WF to suggest this?

I imagine he tags along for the wight hunt and gets grabbed and we get an 'oh shit!' moment when the Night's King raises him.  I mean when his story is going nowhere might as well take it even further north.  The other Vale lords have already forgotten entirely about the Vale.

I mean Stannis was saying just two seasons ago about how they'd have to winter at the next castle they went to, but no one else seems to have to bother about that anymore.  Maybe when Sandra was worried about having enough food for one year it might have been a good time to tell the Vale lords to go south where all the food---

Dracarys!

....Nevermind.

7 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I imagine he tags along for the wight hunt and gets grabbed and we get an 'oh shit!' moment when the Night's King raises him.  I mean when his story is going nowhere might as well take it even further north.  The other Vale lords have already forgotten entirely about the Vale.

Would be pretty appropriate, he's been a virtual wight all season.

On 8/8/2017 at 3:34 PM, Corvinus said:

Dany wears the same dress, whether she is debating in the council chamber, receives visitors in the throne room, or rides to battle on a dragon.

I wonder if she is packin’ a Romulan Disruptor under that dress. I mean it just seems to me that it would be an appropriate accessory.

On 8/8/2017 at 4:29 PM, Snormund said:

Yeah, well it would look "cool" if Arya could beat LeBron James 1-on-1 too, but it's also not possible. Or is that going to happen next episode when basketball comes to Westeros?

Yeah, but if you're 6’8 and about 270lbs it means you're slow unathletic and clumsy. Oh wait, it doesn’t.

On 8/9/2017 at 0:17 PM, Le Cygne said:

They ruined Jaime. How can you care after all of this. Through 7/8 seasons, he's been helping Cersei do horrible things. He could suddenly do something good, and too little, too late. They trashed him.

Yep. At this point, probably should start calling him sorry ass Larry, instead of just Larry.

On 8/8/2017 at 5:14 PM, Ser Didymus said:

anyone else wish Bronn said, "smile, you son of a bitch!" as he shot the scorpion bolt at Drogon?

Yes I did! I was wondering if anyone else thought about that one. Makes me wonder if the only way to kill one of the dragons is with a shot in the mouth and down the throat.

Game of Thrones doesn't need Faceless Men at this point. D&D are the best assassins.

They have character assassinated Arya, Sansa, Bran, Jaime, Stannis, Varys, Littlefinger, Yara and critically wounded Jon, Dany, Davos and more. 

2 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

I wonder if she is packin’ a Romulan Disruptor under that dress. I mean it just seems to me that it would be an appropriate accessory.

Romulan Prom Queen!

When she finds out she is not, in fact, Prom Queen, I don't think she's going to like it. Might be fun just to see the look on her face. No more long list of titles, now she's the Prom King's auntie. I will take what's mine! Oh, wait, it's not yours.

Archived