[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

On 8/9/2017 at 9:55 PM, Le Cygne said:

Romulan Prom Queen!

When she finds out she is not, in fact, Prom Queen, I don't think she's going to like it. Might be fun just to see the look on her face. No more long list of titles, now she's the Prom King's auntie. I will take what's mine! Oh, wait, it's not yours.

I'll just laugh when she says, "Ewww, not only did I have sex with a fire wight, but with a fire wight that was my nephew. I feel dirty. I think I need to take a shower."

Prom King will be like,"what? It's really not that bad."

13 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

I'll just laugh when she says, "Ewww, not only did I have sex with a fire wight, but with a fire wight that was my nephew. I feel dirty. I think I need to take a shower."

He'd be more horrified, but no on is in character on the show. Just a soap opera written by 13 year old boys.

Too bad there's not a moment like Back to the Future, where they just know it's wrong, and spare us:

Here's that:

49 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Like Dumbheiress will care about incest. Jon will, or at least he would if they weren't destroying his character because Jon doesn't think with his cock in the first place (WHICH THE SHOW ESTABLISHED AND IS NOW GOING TO FORGET. FUCKING A)

1 minute ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Does anyone wonder where the BwB and Sandor Clegane are? With all the teleporting they must be in the North already. They headed there much earlier than Arya did.

Are they wandering around Riverlands like Moses in a desert?

They decided to help Ghost, Melisandre and Gendry with their satirical play mocking the show. It's  gonna be super meta. 

15 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Does anyone wonder where the BwB and Sandor Clegane are? With all the teleporting they must be in the North already. They headed there much earlier than Arya did.

They'll probably just appear at Eastwach, not even bothering to stop at Winterfell. Sandor's vision will probably act like a compass, and Beric will be like, yup I know exactly where we need to go.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:30 PM, Hoo said:

Im very disappoint Bron survived.

He didn't. In every other scene, the dragonfire would hit the ground and spread out in a 30 foot radius. This one time, it decided to contain itself to the scorpion platform. Sorry to you Bronn fans, but he is dead. As far as I'm concerned Bronn, due to death by fire, has now joined Dead Arya in the list of characters who died for obvious reasons and have now been replaced by lookalikes from Comic Con.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, Snormund said:

I think one of the things that irks me the most about the decline in quality of this show is reading and/or hearing people who haven't read the books gush about ridiculous stuff like Arya beating Brienne. That defies all logic and people hand wave it because it looks cool. Yeah, well it would look "cool" if Arya could beat LeBron James 1-on-1 too, but it's also not possible. Or is that going to happen next episode when basketball comes to Westeros?

If the show runners read this and then this happens in Season 8, I am finding you and going Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on you...

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Don't know if people saw this year

https://nypost.com/2017/08/08/why-this-season-of-game-of-thrones-is-kind-of-bad/

Not that I agree with the reasons why GOT is not good, I think the payoffs properly done would have been an emotional high, but at least some people are noticing they just aren't getting the same kick from the show that they used to.  

The analogy I keep bouncing around my head is dinner with my family when I was young.  Mom made me eat fish and vegetables and I didn't like them.  I liked ice cream, and every few meals, I would get some ice cream.  Why not have ice cream at every meal and nothing else?  That would be awesome!  For about a week (as a child, as an adult the high would last much less).  Then I would start to lose health and energy and my body and mind would not be properly developing for the future.  Pretty soon ice cream as my only food would seem like poor choice.

Early seasons, they had great substance and story building a structure around the incredible moments.  Now we just have moments.  Less incredible for the lack of structure and emotion around them.  I just hope they have enough structure left so we aren't all so sick of moments by the time Dany and Jon torch the Night King that we puke.

What is Little Finger's aim at this point!? Like all of this is out of character for him. There's been no gain available since the Battle of the bastards ended. So why is he still trying to unsuccessfully pit one stark against the other. None of them trust him in any way. not even Sandra. The show writers made him pointless fodder. He's meant basically to be killed by Arya with Brans Dagger. Period. Thats poetic to the show writers. genius....

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, Corvinus said:

Also Sunspear doesn't exist, it's all Dorne. And I don't think Storm's End exists, either. Davos rowed Mel to a cave in a cliff where there was a grated gate, and the shadow baby went through that place... to sneak in Renly's tent which was in the open.

Honestly I never noticed this until reading your comment right now. I forgot the whole point of him doing that in the book was to kill the man in charge of Storms End so he could gain control of the Stormlands and get also take Edric into his custody. I guess back then the plot holes were so few and far between I just didn't notice them.

I imagine that Storm's End and all the surrounding keeps are well garrisoned and provisioned by men loyal to Renly/ Stannis.  Once an episode, in my mind, I have a wonderful wide shot that zooms and you see the steward standing on a battlement. He nervously looks side to side and then scans the horizon.  When he realized that the gods of D&D have forgotten about him and his men, he smiles and settles in for a long, well-provisioned winter.  By the time the show ends, he will probably be the most likable character on the show by never showing up on it.

17 minutes ago, LokisRaider said:

Honestly I never noticed this until reading your comment right now. I forgot the whole point of him doing that in the book was to kill the man in charge of Storms End so he could gain control of the Stormlands and get also take Edric into his custody. I guess back then the plot holes were so few and far between I just didn't notice them.

This character was Ser Cortnay Penrose, and he was a character well-suited for adaptation into the show, but believe it or not, the show-runners neglected to include him.  He reminded me of the knights in the final castle in "Monthy Python and the Holy Grail."  Truly a comedic character that book-readers and show-watchers would have loved to see make an appearance.

47 minutes ago, Ser Didymus said:

This character was Ser Cortnay Penrose, and he was a character well-suited for adaptation into the show, but believe it or not, the show-runners neglected to include him.  He reminded me of the knights in the final castle in "Monthy Python and the Holy Grail."  Truly a comedic character that book-readers and show-watchers would have loved to see make an appearance.

This is one instance where I have to side with D&D. Penrose was a good character, sure, but I remember the non-readers didn't like the shadowbaby all that much. They felt it came out of nowhere and was sort of a Deus Ex Machina. So they would've had trouble accepting one shadowbaby, let alone two. 

53 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

This is one instance where I have to side with D&D. Penrose was a good character, sure, but I remember the non-readers didn't like the shadowbaby all that much. They felt it came out of nowhere and was sort of a Deus Ex Machina. So they would've had trouble accepting one shadowbaby, let alone two. 

considering the mountains of garbage they are currently "accepting" from the show, i think they could've handled two shadows if it meant meeting a truly memorable character.

1 hour ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Sure it's fantasy, right??

Oh, and I totally forgot about this. Evidence that the Lannisters do indeed have a time machine of some sorts. Tommen Baratheon and Martyn Lannister is the same person. My better half reminded me again tonight when I was bitching about the show. Watch him reappear as another Lannister in the next season.

Archived