[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

1. The battle scene was pretty well done.

2. Okay, seriously, Arya really is going to be able to go toe to toe with Brienne in a straight up sword fight? While, Arya is one of my favorite characters that scene was ridiculous. Who else can she beat? Arthur Dayne? Barristan in his prime? Two handed Jaime? Sandor? Come on.

3. Speaking of the Arya/Brienne fight? What was Sandra in a huff about? I don’t get it.

4. Why is Little Fucker still sliming around?

The sparring match between Arya and Brienne was not well choreographed. Brienne used her reach maybe once, and she kept letting Arya close in. 

Bronn's leap at the end to save Jaime was ridiculous, but that's my only problem with the battle. And maybe the noob square (Total War fans will know)

Armies continue to teleport across the map, and somehow have intimate knowledge of where the enemy is. But what's new? Yet only use this knowledge when the plot is convenient, the rest of the time they sit and debate.

I wonder at what point will Bran tell Arya and Sansa about LF's betrayal. And is his power always on? It seems so the way he talks. He's become quite a douche.

Such excite wow. I love complaining, it's something I really enjoy doing, to paraphrase George Carlin. 

This episode was much better than the others of this season imo. It was super entertaining. Still there were some things that bugged me, one in particular. 

My complaints:

•No Carice/Mel. This will be a complaint of mine regardless of quality of episode or even basic logic because I worship CVH. So take it with a grain of salt :P

•Arya beating Brienne.  Hahah.  Hahaahhahhaha. Hahahahahahhahhahahahhaaha. wahhahhaahhahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahhahahaahahhahaahahhaahahahahaaha. One of the Top 5-10 dumbest things on this show easily. 

•Dany and Missandei's "girl talk" -_-

•Davos was just cringe this episode.

•(This is a general complaint and can apply to other works of fiction too) Why would something as badass and powerful as Drogon listen to a whiny, insufferable little brat like Dany? Maybe he'll eat her eventually.

•The mention of the Golden Company reminded me of the books but I smoked so much weed since reading the novels I am not entirely sure who they are at this moment tbqh. Are they the guys who help Jon Connington? With a leader named Harry? Someone please help lol 

•Getting tired of Dr. Branhattan.  He used to be such a cute kid.

•Kill Fingah already

•Teleporting armies again.

theres more I could complain about if I really focused but I'm also sure it will be covered. Plus this episode was fun and a welcome change. The problem for me is that if I think about how much they fucked the plot it gets less enjoyable. On its own though this episode was fun.  

The Arya vs Brienne fight I could only think of the quote from the Hound.

"Your greatest sword that ever lived is dead and Merant Traunt is alive because Merant Traunt had armour and big fucking sword". 

I think Arya wanted to prove a point.

said before now I'm saying again:

what's the deal with Littlefinger? someone put this character out of his misery, already.

Brienne and Arya fight was so fanservicey and I just wanted to punch Arya's smirk off her face.

Bran.

The dialogue is getting worse and worse.

I really dislike Arya as a character. The initial draw to me for this setting happened to be the fairly realistic consequences that ended up with the deaths of numerous interesting characters. It's a real shame, then, that characters like Robb and Catelyn broke a promise and suffered a horrific demise as a result yet Arya doesn't even finish or commit to her training properly but is somehow able to best almost everybody she comes across. To say that it's becoming tiresome would be an understatement.

2 minutes ago, Jayc said:

The Arya vs Brienne fight I could only think of the quote from the Hound.

"Your greatest sword that ever lived is dead and Merant Traunt is alive because Merant Traunt had armour and big fucking sword". 

I think Arya wanted to prove a point.

That's nice. Realistically she should have lasted about one and a half seconds against Brienne before getting knocked on her ass. 

Adding to my original post: what was Jaime hoping to achieve charging Drogon? Lol

14 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

3. Speaking of the Arya/Brienne fight? What was Sandra in a huff about? I don’t get it.

Yeah, to me it seemed liked Sandra was jealous of Arya in that scene. But I've given up trying to interpret Sandra's reactions or emotions coz one minute she loves her family and the next minute she's undermining them or wants to be Queen of the North.

And did anyone notice Bran seems more accepting of Arya? He hugged Arya back when she hugged him, while he didn't do the same with Sansa in the previous episode. Is that supposed to mean something?

2 minutes ago, Snormund said:

•No Carice/Mel. This will be a complaint of mine regardless of quality of episode or even basic logic because I worship CVH. So take it with a grain of salt :P

I doubt we'll see her this season again, maybe in the last episode. She left for Volantis, which basically means she's out for a time.

3 minutes ago, Snormund said:

•The mention of the Golden Company reminded me of the books but I smoked so much weed since reading the novels I am not entirely sure who they are at this moment tbqh. Are they the guys who help Jon Connington? With a leader named Harry? Someone please help lol 

Yup, that's them. But based on the dialogue, it seems the show has turned them into enforcers/repo men. Not surprising, considering the IB is in the slave trade business.

I NEED MY RANTING TO BE LISTENED

Lannister plot convenience that the GOLD MADE IT INTO KL AHEAD OF THE ARMY

So they wanted a huge fight, but at the same time they CAN'T FOR ONCE ALLOW TEAM CERSEI A SINGLE DEFEAT

So the gold made it into KL... OFFSCREEN?

And Daenerys burned FOOD? That should be hers????

This is fucking ridiculous. This show is so madly in love with Cersei that they're pushing all the edges as to how she will beat Daenerys

1 minute ago, Snormund said:

That's nice. Realistically she should have lasted about one and a half seconds against Brienne before getting knocked on her ass. 

Adding to my original post: what was Jaime hoping to achieve charging Drogon? Lol

She also shouldn't be able to wear people's faces and talk just like them. It's just not realistic. That and everything else 

Why did Danny only bring one dragon with her? I mean they ran train on masters at mereen, so why not do the same here? 

Bran keeps talking about seeing and knowing everything but hasnt said one useful thing since he's been back at winterfell. 

Also, Danny dodged the first shot and then completely ignores the fact that a second shot is coming. Somewhat confused by her complete lack of even attempting a dodge. 

Archived