This russian athlete looks just like a young Robert Baratheon

Ser Meryn Frey

Wrong forum? Please don't delete, but feel free to move it. I just want to see if other people's idea of Robert matches mine.

The video in itself is not particularly good and has nothing to do witht his forum - I'm just asking if you agree that he looks like your version of a young Robert Baratheon. There's no need to watch all of it. Start at 01:35 or 02:00. Hair, eyes, height, muscles, very strong, looks charismatic - just like a young Robert, although perhaps a tad shorter, but still towering over most men. He dominates in arm wrestling just as Robert did in melees - keep in mind that all matches after 02:00 are fought at top level - the world's best, and he goes through them just like Robert went through people. At his prime, he was the best - no one could stop him.

However, have no hope of seeing battle of the Trident, because unfortunately ... there's no Rhaegar there. More like Clayton Suggs :D 

The only difference, I think, is that he's a bit shorter and not as handsome as Robert was. Robert looked as good as Jaime does (according to Ned, Renly is a copy of a young Robert, but smaller, and Sansa thought Renly was the most handsome man she had ever seen, AFTER meeting Jaime, but whatever), and this guy is average, or perhaps a notch above it.

Agree?

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

Sorry, I got distracted watching the video. What was the question again??

Lol, come on. You take the time to answer  but make sure you don't answer what I wonder.

Does he look like you imagine a young (time of the Trident) Robert Baratheon? Except Robert's a bit taller and more handsome.

The combination with being almost 6'6, heavily muscled and tall black hair makes it rather rare, I've found. 

Thanks guys. Anyone else?

On 2017-08-07 at 5:01 AM, Hodor the Articulate said:

Which muscled dude are we looking at? The one who won? I dunno...he's a bit too greasy looking, if that makes sense. And the Robert I imagine isn't so erm...'roided up.

Robert was very strong. Ned could barely lift Robert's hammer, who swinged it one-handed. Jaime, a strong man in his own right, thought "Robert had been stronger, to be sure", and mentioned the Cleganes, Greatjon Umber and Crakehall in the same sentence. I think he looked quite roided up, except he obviously wasn't

Archived