cliffhangers

Clegane'sPup

47 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Yeap. 

Say! Maybe it will be from Davos's POV since he is sitting on a shaggy unicorn east of Winterfell. 

And an army of Skagosi warriors, after all those Chekhov ships (2 or 3, can't remember now) were not mentioned to increase the word count! :D

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Yeap. 

Say! Maybe it will be from Davos's POV since he is sitting on a shaggy unicorn east of Winterfell. 

Har!   Mischievous little bugger. I’m telling you it was a goat. Har de har har. I see you fixed that GPS.

This image of Davos sitting upon a shaggy garron with a single horn projecting from the middle of its head with colorful rainbows in the background is hogwash.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon I     A wild rain lashed down upon his black brother as he tore at the flesh of an enormous goat, washing the blood from his side where the goat's long horn had raked him

for some reason I can't use the icons so <love>  and <cool>

On 09/08/2017 at 8:15 AM, Nevets said:

I also doubt that there is a secret way into Winterfell, or it would have been used before now, either by Theon when he took it, or against him afterwards.  

It taught him Winterfell’s secrets too. The builders had not even leveled the earth; there were hills and valleys behind the walls of Winterfell. There was a covered bridge that went from the fourth floor of the bell tower across to the second floor of the rookery. Bran knew about that. And he knew you could get inside the inner wall by the south gate, climb three floors and run all the way around Winterfell through a narrow tunnel in the stone, and then come out on ground level at the north gate, with a hundred feet of wall looming over you. Even Maester Luwin didn’t know that, Bran was convinced.

(AGoT, Ch.08 Bran II)

TreeBran knows, RavenBran knows

It taught him Winterfell’s secrets too. The builders had not even leveled the earth; there were hills and valleys behind the walls of Winterfell. There was a covered bridge that went from the fourth floor of the bell tower across to the second floor of the rookery. Bran knew about that. And he knew you could get inside the inner wall by the south gate, climb three floors and run all the way around Winterfell through a narrow tunnel in the stone, and then come out on ground level at the north gate, with a hundred feet of wall looming over you. Even Maester Luwin didn’t know that, Bran was convinced.

People have been poo pooing the idea of a secret passage at WF for a long time. I am in the camp that thinks there is a secret entrance or a back door hiding under WF.

The description of WF and its gates have caused me many headaches.

WF is double walled with a moat between the two walls. Theon & his men grappled the outer wall and swam the moat. I’m guessing that the inner wall doors/gates were open? I’m trying to imagine these gates/drawbridges. One of my pet head scratchers, these gates of WF are.

Hunter’s Gate is fairly straight forward. It leads into the wolfswood for easy access to hunting. This is the gate Roose told Manderly’s men use.

The south gate or the main gate (?) ----Roose tells the Frey’s to use --- leads to Wintertown.

I’m probably not making much sense here but the outer wall has has to have entrances. The drawbridges across the moat to the inner wall ---- are they a permanent fixture or something that opens and closes?

And IIRC, we are told that the crypts extend beyond the walls.

Perchance the crypt (an underground burial chamber) is possibly part of a larger underground cavern?

Edit: I'm thinking I may have made a mistake. So please correct me ---- Manderly's men left outta the East Gate?

Archived