Discussing Sansa XXX: Sun and Moon

Mladen

Another episode, another reunion...

In this episode Sansa had to deal with another return, this one of Arya's. The moment between two sisters was sweet and joyous, before we were reminded of what they went through. I have to say that Sansa's reaction to Arya's list and slow realization of what Arya is now, was nicely done. It went from disregard, to curiosity to general amazement. One has to wonder how she'll deal with yet another Stark kids who went through such change.

Per usual, be nice. Don't reveal spoilers from the leaks or at least, use the spoiler brackets. And call Sansa "Lady Stark" :D 

I thought the moment between Arya and Sansa was really sweet. The kinda hesitantness of both of them where Arya asks if she has to call Sansa Lady Stark and Sansa's awkward hug to them both really hugging each other. Sansa's emotional transformation and reaction toward Arya was really well done too---I'm always in awe of Sophie's acting skills--you can really see Arya and Sansa slipping into an easier dynamic than Sansa and Bran have. I'm honestly wondering if Bran hugging Arya back versus Sansa meant anything or not--not sure yet, tbh.

Though I have a feeling Littlefinger is going to try to tear the Starks apart (if his look at the three of them is anything to go by), I really have faith that they'll stay united. Especially because it seems like Sansa, who almost used to polarize the family due to the way she was as a child, seems to be the glue holding them all together. I'm interested to know when and if Sansa uses the Lone Wolf Dies/Pack Survives quote.

I really do like Sansa the past two seasons--granted I've been a major Sansa fan since the show started lol

I liked :

• her reunion with arya
  • when she told Arya that Jon will be very happy to see her
  • the reunion of 3 starks in one place, something never seen since season 1
  • warning them about the true nature of LF

And as I said last week, the plot of Sansa in thickening, now after Daenerys burned the whole thing of the reach, it was a connection of the two plots

I mentioned this in one of the other threads, but I like how they showed Sansa's softer side in a positive light for a change. When she first embraced Arya, Arya didn't even lift her arms to return the hug. Then when she found out that Jon had left Sansa in charge, Arya was clearly not pleased. In response to this, Sansa talked about how she hoped Jon would return home soon, and that Jon's "heart would stop" when he saw Arya again. This is the sort of thing Margaery would have done, only Sansa was much more sincere than Margaery usually was (and I say that as someone who loved Margaery). When Arya hugged her after that, you could see she was genuinely happy to be home with her sister again.

Sansa felt happy when they reunited, thinking she got her sister back. When she realized that Arya was able to best or at least go toe to toe with  Brienna, she realized it was the little Arya anymore. There was jealously in her eyes... that's the way i saw it at least.

4 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Sansa felt happy when they reunited, thinking she got her sister back. When she realized that Arya was able to best or at least go toe to toe with  Brienna, she realized it was the little Arya anymore. There was jealously in her eyes... that's the way i saw it at least.

Why do Sansa even get jalous of the fighting abilities of Arya, she is not a warrior et she never get a sword in hand

She was worry about Arya in her combat with Brienne like the others and checking LF from time to time to see his reaction

I didn't see jealousy. Sansa's never been one to swing a sword. If anything, I think she was awed and amazed and perhaps a bit saddened that her sister had changed so much. Sansa, Bran, Jon, Arya...they all went through some hellish things. Seeing Arya as a proficent killer and knowing all about her list and even just wondering what happened to her that made her like that....it would make anyone feel negative, IMO.

10 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I mentioned this in one of the other threads, but I like how they showed Sansa's softer side in a positive light for a change. When she first embraced Arya, Arya didn't even lift her arms to return the hug. Then when she found out that Jon had left Sansa in charge, Arya was clearly not pleased. In response to this, Sansa talked about how she hoped Jon would return home soon, and that Jon's "heart would stop" when he saw Arya again. This is the sort of thing Margaery would have done, only Sansa was much more sincere than Margaery usually was (and I say that as someone who loved Margaery). When Arya hugged her after that, you could see she was genuinely happy to be home with her sister again.

I noticed that! It was so sweet. And it's interesting how Margaery could do that but it came off as a lot more fake than Sansa's--maybe because we've seen Sansa be more invested. Not to say I dislike or thought Marg sucked.

13 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

I may be wrong, but was the last time Arya saw Sansa when Ned was killed? It was cool they reunited in the crypt. 

I think you're right.

Speaking of the crypts...Ned's statue looks odd...

20 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I liked :

• her reunion with arya
  • when she told Arya that Jon will be very happy to see her
  • the reunion of 3 starks in one place, something never seen since season 1
  • warning them about the true nature of LF

And as I said last week, the plot of Sansa in thickening, now after Daenerys burned the whole thing of the reach, it was a connection of the two plots

How so is it thickening/connecting? 

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Why do Sansa even get jalous of the fighting abilities of Arya, she is not a warrior et she never get a sword in hand

She was worry about Arya in her combat with Brienne like the others and checking LF from time to time to see his reaction

She won or went even, yet Sansa leave in disgust. I'm not saying she was not worried but she is jealous (maybe not the perfect word to use) of Arya. Arya doesn't need a protection. Sansa realized how stupid she is because whatever she heard Arya say to her, she took it as a joke. She believed only what she thought was real... 

2 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

She won or went even, yet Sansa leave in disgust. I'm not saying she was not worried but she is jealous (maybe not the perfect word to use) of Arya. Arya doesn't need a protection. Sansa realized how stupid she is because whatever she heard Arya say to her, she took it as a joke. She believed only what she thought was real... 

Eh? Are you and I watching different shows?

Where does Sansa realize how stupid she is and whatever about Arya needing protection. Where is Sansa even remotely disgusted? Concerned? Saddened? Yes, but disgusted?

What did Sansa believe to be real? 

I'm pretty sure Sansa did believe Arya's list was real. 

Sansa is boring and every second LF is alive and walking around up there looks really dumb.

Where is Robb's statue?

Why is no one working on Rickon's statue?

No mention of Rickon at all this year, does Arya know what happened to him.

The emotions seem empty up there except for poor Meera.

Just now, Pandean said:

Eh? Are you and I watching different shows?

Where does Sansa realize how stupid she is and whatever about Arya needing protection. Where is Sansa even remotely disgusted? Concerned? Saddened? Yes, but disgusted?

What did Sansa believe to be real? 

I'm pretty sure Sansa did believe Arya's list was real. 

Maybe we are watching different episodes :D

Yeah, i think Sansa felt jealous of Arya. No, I don't think Sansa believed that Arya was doing anything with a list but adding to it. I think after she witnessed what Arya was able to do, she realized the laughs in the Crypt were a joke. 

That's my interpretation of it anyways. We will find out in future episodes. 

5 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

I didn't see her leaving in disgust, she took a look to LF and walked away

Where did you see in the show that Sansa wants to protect Arya

I think after she witnessed what Arya was able to do, she realized the laughs in the Crypt were a joke.

So you want Sansa to not do any reaction after the fight? she left her a little girl and when Arya returned, she showed how brilliant she is in the sword and you want Sansa to not do any reaction?

22 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

I don't think Sansa would ever be jealous of Arya's fighting skills as Sansa has never aspired to be a fighter. I think Sansa was surprised and maybe impressed, but also disturbed, realizing what Arya had to endure to learn those skills.

1 minute ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I don't think Sansa would ever be jealous of Arya's fighting skills as Sansa has never aspired to be a fighter. I think Sansa was surprised and maybe impressed, but also disturbed, realizing what Arya had to endure to learn those skills.

Exactly. I mean, last time she was Arya, Arya was a fiesty young tomboy and this Arya is more-so a cold, serious killer. The same with Bran. 

The dynamic between Arya and Sansa is going to be an interesting one. They've always been two very different souls but I feel like now more than ever those differences are going to drive them apart. Personally I'm worried that this will mean Arya leaving Winterfell behind for good, but I just don't see how a happy relationship can develop between Arya and Sansa after all they've both been through. 

To be honest I found it difficult to read what Sansa was feeling thinking just before she walked off too. I asked my partner what he thought and he couldn't tell either.

At first I read it as jealousy, yet why would she be jealous ? Didn't seem to fit with the storyline for her etc.

Now I think its the realisation that Arya meant what she said about her list. Not really sure.

:unsure:

I think Sansa is putting on a show for Littlefinger. I saw jealousy in Sansa, but I think it's for Littlefingers benefit. It throws him off thinking he can pit Sansa against Arya and potentially eliminate rival Starks. Sansa knows that Littlefinger would want to eliminate any other Stark, so she's got to pretend for him. 

21 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think Sansa is putting on a show for Littlefinger. I saw jealousy in Sansa, but I think it's for Littlefingers benefit. It throws him off thinking he can pit Sansa against Arya and potentially eliminate rival Starks. Sansa knows that Littlefinger would want to eliminate any other Stark, so she's got to pretend for him. 

Definitely agree with that. Sansa knows Littlefinger lurks in the general area and she doesn't trust him especially not with her siblings.

25 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

The dynamic between Arya and Sansa is going to be an interesting one. They've always been two very different souls but I feel like now more than ever those differences are going to drive them apart. Personally I'm worried that this will mean Arya leaving Winterfell behind for good, but I just don't see how a happy relationship can develop between Arya and Sansa after all they've both been through. 

I feel like they're less likely to be driven apart now than they were before, imo.

Archived