Discussing Sansa XXX: Sun and Moon

Mladen

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

It's completely absurd to think that Littlefinger had no idea what kind of person Ramsey was. This is a guy who has spies everywhere. He doesn't have to meet someone to have already been aware of all their deepest darkest secrets. Remember, Ramsey is the sort of guy who mailed Theon's penis and testicles to his family in the Iron Islands. There is no way Ramsey's psychopathic tendencies flew under Littlefinger's radar. He absolutely knew what he was getting Sansa into.

And we're giving him points for not raping Sansa? Bravo, what a hero...

If you look at the timing, WHO is providing LF with information on some bastard running around the Dreadfort (a second-class house no one is interested in)?  It was only just before when they took the ashes of Winterfell and Ramsey was adjusted to become a legitimate heir.  Literally, they were on the road going to Winterfell as this was all happening. 

It's just that you and thousands of others want to believe LF knew something so you can go cry with Sansa and her candle waiting for Brienne.  Had she only went with Brienne when she had the chance.  LF was so evil and manipulative and harmful to Sansa, yet she shuns Brienne with a massive cold shoulder "I don't know you" at the inn.  Only to later use Brienne's sword to threaten LF when things don't turn out as she expected.

Leave it to the guy with a hammer and winged crown to want to cuddle Sansa for the troubled princess act.  She needs your big red cape to feel safe.

1 hour ago, Crona said:

Lol, ok yea technically she did choose to go to Ramsey. Which is wrong of her to do, she should have asked for information about him. I don't think he is responsible for the woes of Sansa, and I honestly don't know why he's still in Winterfell. She despises LF for this, because she thinks he is responsible and I as an audience do not care because he does deserve it

She's not obligated to give him any respect, she didn't promise it and she's not asking anything from him anything now

Does no one see this the way I am?  She is not "wrong" for marrying Ramsey... it's like the letter she wrote to Robb under duress of Cersei - things you do to survive.  LF never told her it was "the right thing to do" he was saying to her "do this to survive".  And he was very REAL with her about it... and comforted her, knowing she would have to do things she did not want to do.  He said to her "AVENGE YOUR FAMILY" knowing Stannis was coming and would soon take Winterfell back.

Shockingly, Thor here doesn't get the concept.  He was advising her how to employ strategy.  DAENERYS knew she would maybe have to marry in order to form alliances.  Yet Sansa is above it? 

It all comes down to we all saw the show.  So far, only Thor is saying LF "absolutely" knew Ramsay would traumatize her.

He's still in Winterfell because The Knights of the Vale are still there, and everyone is ready for battle.  If  you really look at it, LF senses he should not be there, but he's staying anyway.  Why do you think that is?  He knows Sansa hates him now.  Why isn't he just heading back with his people to Sweet Robyn?

He may deserve it, but not from Sansa.  He may have F'd over many people in the 7 kingdoms, but he treated Sansa like a queen and mentored her into the woman she is now.  She would not be that person now without his influence.

As for giving him respect, I think she does owe him respect, but in the least it could be in the form of biding her tongue and not being so incredibly hateful toward him.  Out of all the people that wielded power over Sansa these last 7 years......... Cersei, Joffrey, Lysa, etc.... LF always put her best interest in mind, never harmed her, never threatened her, never forced her to do anything, risked his life to save her, saved her family, her people, her home, brought her home to safety.................. after all that, even if it is a stranger, IN THE LEAST don't not talk shit about them.

52 minutes ago, Crona said:

Exactly, even if LF had nothing to do with it, she still is justified to be suspicious because of his nature, its not like he has kept it a secret that he's a manipulator. 

And she doesn't owe LF anything, he can leave anytime he wants. 

I agree suspicion is completely appropriate. 

People keep saying "why is he still there" and "he can leave any time" are you forgetting there is a war on?  Jon is not at Dragonstone to offer Daenerys a massage.  He's there to get weapons.  And LF owns The Vale Knights who are all encamped still around Winterfell.  Um, THAT'S why LF is still there.

As for owing him something, she owes him everything she has and is.  I keep saying, without him where would she be right now?  I said yet again, she doesn't have to bow and praise him, I think she should create that concept of owing him to at least not threatening his life and spewing hatred every time she is near him.  The Boltons would still be in Winterfell if not for LF.  And who called upon him for that salvation?  The person you say owes him nothing.

1 hour ago, Gaz0680 said:

LF never forced her, but he sure as hell manipulated her and now Sansa has wised up to that fact. She has plenty of genuine reasons to both mistrust and dislike/hate LF.

Also, Littlefinger knew what Ramsey was. No way in hell he didnt know. As Sansa said to him, if he didnt know, he was an idiot. LF is no idiot. He 100% knew what Ramsey was and what Sansa would be subjected to.

She has valid reason to mistrust him.  To hate him, not so much.  It ALL comes back to blaming LF for all things Ramsey.  I am becoming astonished how many people actually don't see how invalid her hatred of him truly is.

You say LF knew Ramsey, prove it.  I say again, not even Varys while in the service of Tywin would have tabs on the mating habits of a bastard in a servant House like the Dreadfort.  A disgusting servant house at that.  Who would care? 

7 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Does no one see this the way I am?  She is not "wrong" for marrying Ramsey... it's like the letter she wrote to Robb under duress of Cersei - things you do to survive.  LF never told her it was "the right thing to do" he was saying to her "do this to survive".  And he was very REAL with her about it... and comforted her, knowing she would have to do things she did not want to do.  He said to her "AVENGE YOUR FAMILY" knowing Stannis was coming and would soon take Winterfell back.

Shockingly, Thor here doesn't get the concept.  He was advising her how to employ strategy.  DAENERYS knew she would maybe have to marry in order to form alliances.  Yet Sansa is above it? 

It all comes down to we all saw the show.  So far, only Thor is saying LF "absolutely" knew Ramsay would traumatize her.

He's still in Winterfell because The Knights of the Vale are still there, and everyone is ready for battle.  If  you really look at it, LF senses he should not be there, but he's staying anyway.  Why do you think that is?  He knows Sansa hates him now.  Why isn't he just heading back with his people to Sweet Robyn?

He may deserve it, but not from Sansa.  He may have F'd over many people in the 7 kingdoms, but he treated Sansa like a queen and mentored her into the woman she is now.  She would not be that person now without his influence.

As for giving him respect, I think she does owe him respect, but in the least it could be in the form of biding her tongue and not being so incredibly hateful toward him.  Out of all the people that wielded power over Sansa these last 7 years......... Cersei, Joffrey, Lysa, etc.... LF always put her best interest in mind, never harmed her, never threatened her, never forced her to do anything, risked his life to save her, saved her family, her people, her home, brought her home to safety.................. after all that, even if it is a stranger, IN THE LEAST don't not talk shit about them.

I am trying to see from your point of view, but you are making it really hard. He was saying all those things to manipulate her to marry Ramsey, not for her benefit but for his own. He wanted her to marry Ramsey, then tell Cersei that Ramsey had revolted against her by marrying Sansa, then he was going to take the Vale army and take the North then marry Sansa to have the North. I don't think LF thought Stannis was going to win.

Why would Sansa need to marry anyone? Why is LF there still, because he has nowhere to go other than the Vale or the Fingers.

No, she does need to respect him. For example: Mel has done nothing to Varys but yet he still doesn't like her, why? Cause he doesn't like magic and they took his junk away. Sansa has been played so many times, and so her distaste of players like LF is understandable

25 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I agree suspicion is completely appropriate. 

People keep saying "why is he still there" and "he can leave any time" are you forgetting there is a war on?  Jon is not at Dragonstone to offer Daenerys a massage.  He's there to get weapons.  And LF owns The Vale Knights who are all encamped still around Winterfell.  Um, THAT'S why LF is still there.

As for owing him something, she owes him everything she has and is.  I keep saying, without him where would she be right now?  I said yet again, she doesn't have to bow and praise him, I think she should create that concept of owing him to at least not threatening his life and spewing hatred every time she is near him.  The Boltons would still be in Winterfell if not for LF.  And who called upon him for that salvation?  The person you say owes him nothing.

But, is Sansa specifically asking LF to stay? No, she is not. He is staying completely on his own. 

She doesn't, he asked for her hand and she said no. There that's end of it. The whole thing with him coming in to save the battle, it was ended by him asking for her hand and she said no. LF has not asked for anything else.

Besides, has she killed or exiled him in anyway? No, she has not. She just doesn't want to hear him anymore cause he's a manipulator

5 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

When she said that I thought, Uh, M, did you just hear what you said?  Why shouldn't the people of Westeros have the right to choose their ruler instead of having someone they don't know forced on them?

Yes this exactly!! Why do they have to have a ruler they DONT know forced on them? Why can't  they choose you or deny you? You will  burn them if they don't  accept you. If the slaves you freed were free to not follow why don't  you let the people  of Westeros get a vote too.

51 minutes ago, Crona said:

I am trying to see from your point of view, but you are making it really hard. He was saying all those things to manipulate her to marry Ramsey, not for her benefit but for his own. He wanted her to marry Ramsey, then tell Cersei that Ramsey had revolted against her by marrying Sansa, then he was going to take the Vale army and take the North then marry Sansa to have the North. I don't think LF thought Stannis was going to win.

Why would Sansa need to marry anyone? Why is LF there still, because he has nowhere to go other than the Vale or the Fingers.

No, she does need to respect him. For example: Mel has done nothing to Varys but yet he still doesn't like her, why? Cause he doesn't like magic and they took his junk away. Sansa has been played so many times, and so her distaste of players like LF is understandable

He was manipulating her.  He still is.  Taking her out of King's Landing was for his own plans, not for her.  I agree to all that completely.  So make sure you get that along with what other I say.

Think.  He could not tell Cersei Boltons were revolting but then use the Vale to take Winterfell.  He had to sit back and wait for Stannis to do it and then ally with Stannis at the right time.  Yes, and then try to marry Sansa to get the North.

Read my other posts as to why he is still there.  Lord Royce is still there with him (commander of Vale forces).

I don't care if she hates LF for whatever reasons.... just not for all things RAMSEY.  If you watched, she had Brienne waiting to cut him down all while explaining in vivid detail what RAMSEY did to her.

Sansa is SO stupid, she does not even realize or want to acknowledge LF has been teaching and mentoring her the entire time he's been rescuing her and keeping her safe.  Look at Sansa before LF rescued her then look at Sansa when she dragged the Kraken over the wall to escape. 

55 minutes ago, Crona said:

But, is Sansa specifically asking LF to stay? No, she is not. He is staying completely on his own. 

She doesn't, he asked for her hand and she said no. There that's end of it. The whole thing with him coming in to save the battle, it was ended by him asking for her hand and she said no. LF has not asked for anything else.

Besides, has she killed or exiled him in anyway? No, she has not. She just doesn't want to hear him anymore cause he's a manipulator

Suppose she ordered him to leave.  What happens?  1) The entire plan to defeat the Whites is over because The Vale forces go with him 2) Jon is pissed because she usurped him in a tactical strategy 3) she is insane for putting her personal feelings in front of the fate of the continent of Westeros.  There's probably more I can't think of now.

Everyone is forgetting why LF is there.  Trying to "capture" Sansa for the North is just a personal agenda for him.  That's not why he's there.  The Vale would not be emptied camping outside Winterfell because LF wants to court Sansa.

1 hour ago, Iron Mother said:

She has valid reason to mistrust him.  To hate him, not so much.  It ALL comes back to blaming LF for all things Ramsey.  I am becoming astonished how many people actually don't see how invalid her hatred of him truly is.

You say LF knew Ramsey, prove it.  I say again, not even Varys while in the service of Tywin would have tabs on the mating habits of a bastard in a servant House like the Dreadfort.  A disgusting servant house at that.  Who would care? 

Oh please. LF wouldnt have tabs on Ramsey normally this is true, but he sure as hell would have tabs on the man he is planning to marry Sansa Stark to and would have started finding out about Ramsey as soon as the idea occurred.

And Sansa does NOT owe all she is and has to LF. That is giving him WAY too much credit in Sansa becoming the person she is. Her family and upbringing helped shape her, as did her time in Kings Landing with Joffrey and Cersei and other vipers there, her marriage to Tyrion, the death of her family, etc.

Sansa owes LF nothing. He used her as he needed for his own ends and only kept her safe because it was of benefit to him to do so. 

54 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Yes this exactly!! Why do they have to have a ruler they DONT know forced on them? Why can't  they choose you or deny you? You will  burn them if they don't  accept you. If the slaves you freed were free to not follow why don't  you let the people  of Westeros get a vote too.

I agree with this.  It is becoming clear Daenerys has only ever known one motivation: conquer Westeros.  And that was not even really her own motivation, it was the motivation of her brother Viscerys.  I, too, am confused on how she treated the people of Mereen/slaves to how she is approaching Westeros. 

I kind of get it, but kind of not.  In Westeros you can't leave other schemers any room to come for you.  Everyone in Westeros IS free... she doesn't want to make slaves of them.  But it's a different dynamic than in a slave city or whatever.  She came upon Mereen and Astapor kind of by accident, and once there, she decided to rule in the name of "I will free the slaves". 

Honestly, Daenerys seems more adrift in what she is trying to do more than ever.  In a way, the show has removed many of her dimensions as a character.  Right now, she is just "The Foreign Invader".  If not for Tyrion, she would be burning down King's Landing and alienating everyone on the continent.  It's odd, many of us have been rooting for her from the beginning but now that she is actually in Westeros, she seems VERY out of place and unrecognizable.

6 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

It's odd, many of us have been rooting for her from the beginning but now 

Funny I stopped rooting for her the moment she watched and let her husband murder her brother......was Viserys vain cruel and vicious? Abusive? Absolutely. But this murder could have been avoided long before they reached Vaes Dothrak

He was manipulating her.  He still is.  Taking her out of King's Landing was for his own plans, not for her.  I agree to all that completely.  So make sure you get that along with what other I say.

Think.  He could not tell Cersei Boltons were revolting but then use the Vale to take Winterfell.  He had to sit back and wait for Stannis to do it and then ally with Stannis at the right time.  Yes, and then try to marry Sansa to get the North.

Read my other posts as to why he is still there.  Lord Royce is still there with him (commander of Vale forces).

I don't care if she hates LF for whatever reasons.... just not for all things RAMSEY.  If you watched, she had Brienne waiting to cut him down all while explaining in vivid detail what RAMSEY did to her.

Sansa is SO stupid, she does not even realize or want to acknowledge LF has been teaching and mentoring her the entire time he's been rescuing her and keeping her safe.  Look at Sansa before LF rescued her then look at Sansa when she dragged the Kraken over the wall to escape. 

I see, yea so blaming the whole Ramsey bit on him was unfair, but she had also just escaped Ramsey at the time. I don't think she has mentioned Ramsey to him since then. I see your point though

I believe LF knew something about Ramsay, but not that he was a crazy psychopath that would torture his wife like this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe LF ''loves'' Sansa, and it isn't productive to make an enemy out of her (and they are enemies now). If he knew about who Ramsay really was, he would never arrange that marriage. 

That being said, I still don't understand Sansa's reaction to Brienne x Arya. Maybe that will be clarified next episode. 

And I love the way she's ruling Winterfell. To me, she was born to do that. 

12 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

Oh please. LF wouldnt have tabs on Ramsey normally this is true, but he sure as hell would have tabs on the man he is planning to marry Sansa Stark to and would have started finding out about Ramsey as soon as the idea occurred.

And Sansa does NOT owe all she is and has to LF. That is giving him WAY too much credit in Sansa becoming the person she is. Her family and upbringing helped shape her, as did her time in Kings Landing with Joffrey and Cersei and other vipers there, her marriage to Tyrion, the death of her family, etc.

Sansa owes LF nothing. He used her as he needed for his own ends and only kept her safe because it was of benefit to him to do so. 

I agree it is debatable whether LF knew what Ramsey's private sex life was like.  I agree you can debate it.  But it is highly doubtful.  Plus, you are not taking into account the time frame.  The Boltons were nothing until the Kraken burned Winterfell and then had to retreat.  There was a small window when House Bolton was in Winterfell and when Sansa went there.  And then time passed until Ramsey was made legitimate. 

We can only observe how the show approached it - I look at how Varys divulged 411 to the Small Council.  He knew Daenerys was married off to Khal Drogo.  And she was a person of ENORMOUS interest.  Did Varys' spies know to observe the sex habits of Drogo's  Bloodriders. 

Bastard sons in insignificant houses?  And in times of such turmoil in the realm?  I don't know how many spies LF would have embedded in the Bolton House...... or what 411 they were told to be looking for. 

Would these spies be prioritizing the sexual habits of a bastard son and whether he abused his sex partners?  I AM UNSURE.  I will let others decide if that is what spies would be looking for. 

The entire thing culminates in this: did Littlefinger anticipate the suitor to Sansa was a maniac tormentor?  It really comes to that.  Did he instruct his spies (assuming there were any there) to look for signs of a maniac tormentor?  It really comes to that.  With EVERYTHING ELSE going on in the realm and all the other schemes LF has going on, how deeply was LF looking into a newly legitimized bastard from a minor House?

Who else was mentoring Sansa?  Who else was influencing her once she was rescued from King's Landing?  How many intimate conversations did LF have with her, sitting her down and laying out his plans in great detail, quizzing her on how his plans were formulated.  Taking her questions like a private tutor and teaching her how to think like a Player............ TEACHING HER HOW TO SURVIVE.

My goodness, you say she was raised in the Stark home, etc whatever....... who was Sansa in season one?  A whiny brat who thought Joffrey was Justin Bieber.  Crying about getting out of Winterfell, giggling and whispering in Jeyne Poole's ear at feasts.  Before being rescued, she was not eating, in the faux godswood praying, weeping, kissing Joffrey's sword, being tormented by Cersei, and it goes on and on.

PLUCKED to safety by LF to the Vale, protected from all enemies (including Lysa)..... personally instructed and protected by one of the best Game Player in the realm............. then turn the page to Sansa at Moat Cailin where she is becoming much stronger but still not wanting to do what it takes to survive (marry someone) but she agrees to.  Then turn to Sansa as finally a strong woman after being obliterated by Ramsey.... and making the move to escape with Theon.

For me personally, if she had encountered the Ramsey scenario BEFORE being instructed by LF, she would have killed herself.  That's all I can say.  It doesn't matter why he kept her safe and taught her how to survive.  Yes, ultimately it was for his own benefit.  But she benefited FROM it immensely.  I keep saying I'm not telling Sansa to bow down to him.  She needs to just recognize how much she owes to him.  She literally would not be alive if not for him in like 5 different scenarios.

If you don't think being grateful for someone saving your life is right, I can't say anything more to you.  

I would say to Sansa this:

"Sansa, STFU because this man saved you 5 times over, saved your family, your people, your ancestral home, he got you back to your home where you are safe and along the way brought you into real adulthood by teaching you the ways of the world.  He never hurt you or took advantage of you.  His motives were selfish, but ultimately, YOU got what you needed from him.  Stop with the whining and hatred, stop blaming LF for all things Ramsey!  Be leery of him, he has his own plans, but call it a truce and stop threatening/plotting to take his life!"

I'm not going to keep saying the same things over and over to different people.  Everyone involved in this conversation, THIS is what I have to say!

:D

32 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Funny I stopped rooting for her the moment she watched and let her husband murder her brother......was Viserys vain cruel and vicious? Abusive? Absolutely. But this murder could have been avoided long before they reached Vaes Dothrak

I remember that time period, and I did have a weird thought toward her as you explained.  I think it was inevitable.  She was adapting to the life Viserys put her in but he was not.  He was agitating against the Khalasar.  They would have even killed Daenerys if she refused to adapt.

I think she had no choice but to allow it.  And I'm not sure even if she "asked" Drogo to stop that he would stop.

How do you feel it could have been avoided?

14 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I agree it is debatable whether LF knew what Ramsey's private sex life was like.  I agree you can debate it.  But it is highly doubtful.  Plus, you are not taking into account the time frame.  The Boltons were nothing until the Kraken burned Winterfell and then had to retreat.  There was a small window when House Bolton was in Winterfell and when Sansa went there.  And then time passed until Ramsey was made legitimate. 

We can only observe how the show approached it - I look at how Varys divulged 411 to the Small Council.  He knew Daenerys was married off to Khal Drogo.  And she was a person of ENORMOUS interest.  Did Varys' spies know to observe the sex habits of Drogo's  Bloodriders. 

Bastard sons in insignificant houses?  And in times of such turmoil in the realm?  I don't know how many spies LF would have embedded in the Bolton House...... or what 411 they were told to be looking for. 

Would these spies be prioritizing the sexual habits of a bastard son and whether he abused his sex partners?  I AM UNSURE.  I will let others decide if that is what spies would be looking for. 

The entire thing culminates in this: did Littlefinger anticipate the suitor to Sansa was a maniac tormentor?  It really comes to that.  Did he instruct his spies (assuming there were any there) to look for signs of a maniac tormentor?  It really comes to that.  With EVERYTHING ELSE going on in the realm and all the other schemes LF has going on, how deeply was LF looking into a newly legitimized bastard from a minor House?

Who else was mentoring Sansa?  Who else was influencing her once she was rescued from King's Landing?  How many intimate conversations did LF have with her, sitting her down and laying out his plans in great detail, quizzing her on how his plans were formulated.  Taking her questions like a private tutor and teaching her how to think like a Player............ TEACHING HER HOW TO SURVIVE.

My goodness, you say she was raised in the Stark home, etc whatever....... who was Sansa in season one?  A whiny brat who thought Joffrey was Justin Bieber.  Crying about getting out of Winterfell, giggling and whispering in Jeyne Poole's ear at feasts.  Before being rescued, she was not eating, in the faux godswood praying, weeping, kissing Joffrey's sword, being tormented by Cersei, and it goes on and on.

PLUCKED to safety by LF to the Vale, protected from all enemies (including Lysa)..... personally instructed and protected by one of the best Game Player in the realm............. then turn the page to Sansa at Moat Cailin where she is becoming much stronger but still not wanting to do what it takes to survive (marry someone) but she agrees to.  Then turn to Sansa as finally a strong woman after being obliterated by Ramsey.... and making the move to escape with Theon.

For me personally, if she had encountered the Ramsey scenario BEFORE being instructed by LF, she would have killed herself.  That's all I can say.  It doesn't matter why he kept her safe and taught her how to survive.  Yes, ultimately it was for his own benefit.  But she benefited FROM it immensely.  I keep saying I'm not telling Sansa to bow down to him.  She needs to just recognize how much she owes to him.  She literally would not be alive if not for him in like 5 different scenarios.

If you don't think being grateful for someone saving your life is right, I can't say anything more to you.  

I would say to Sansa this:

"Sansa, STFU because this man saved you 5 times over, saved your family, your people, your ancestral home, he got you back to your home where you are safe and along the way brought you into real adulthood by teaching you the ways of the world.  He never hurt you or took advantage of you.  His motives were selfish, but ultimately, YOU got what you needed from him.  Stop with the whining and hatred, stop blaming LF for all things Ramsey!  Be leery of him, he has his own plans, but call it a truce and stop threatening/plotting to take his life!"

I'm not going to keep saying the same things over and over to different people.  Everyone involved in this conversation, THIS is what I have to say!

:D

Don't hold back. Tell them how you really feel. :-)

15 minutes ago, Fexyr said:

I believe LF knew something about Ramsay, but not that he was a crazy psychopath that would torture his wife like this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe LF ''loves'' Sansa, and it isn't productive to make an enemy out of her (and they are enemies now). If he knew about who Ramsay really was, he would never arrange that marriage.

Honestly I cannot tell if he really loves Sansa.  I truly believe he could be playing the Long Con.  Look at Lysa..... he strung her along for YEARS and got her to do all kinds of crazy things.  Then once the plan was over, totally kicked her out of the car and ran over her.  THAT is why I love the LF character so much because if I'm not sure if he loves Sansa, that's wonderfully written material.

I believe if he knew about Ramsey, he would have married her off anyway.  Because of the above what I just said.  I really do think he has no heart At. All.  I could be wrong. 

I remember that time period, and I did have a weird thought toward her as you explained.  I think it was inevitable.  She was adapting to the life Viserys put her in but he was not.  He was agitating against the Khalasar.  They would have even killed Daenerys if she refused to adapt.

I think she had no choice but to allow it.  And I'm not sure even if she "asked" Drogo to stop that he would stop.

How do you feel it could have been avoided?

Remember when she told the kahlasar to stop so she could go wandering? Well Viserys was upset by her telling the Dragon when and where to stop, so he went to find her and proceeded to lay down the Dragons law. Well only the bloodriders stopped Viserys they choked him and whipped him a bit. They had him on the ground subdued and told Dany: "Shall we kill him?" They waited her command. She stopped THOUGHT and said no. Then he was made to walk back to camp.....Right there and then Dany knew she had power over Viserys. Him as well as his life. She took a moment to stop and think!!!!!! It was THEN decided that his horse should  taken as punishment. Why not take that moment of thinking to rid yourself of him temporarily? Like say perhaps send him back to Pentos under the care of those same bloodriders who would have killed your own brother for you. He could not have given much protest. He did after all walk all the  back to camp.......

So was she adapting? Yes. Was Viserys? No. She knew that. She knew he was weak. Why not show him a kind mercy and send him away back to Illyrio in Pentos? She made her situation work for her. She knew he was hot headed and vindictive. She shed to tears for her brother. She didn't scream and cry out she said: " he was no dragon. A dragon can't be killed by fire." By allowing him to stay in proximity and knowing he was vindictive he would absolutely retaliate. Dany KNEW her brother. He did just that and died for his trouble. She in one fell swoop sat and saw him removed permanently. Then picked up his mantra "I'm the rightful heir of the 7 kingdoms. Mine, mine, mine."  She never thought to rule 7 kingdoms before that. Was it the attempt on her life with the wine that made her want start to want it? When did thesr thoughts really start to occur?

Archived