Daenerys, Drogon, and the Dothraki are AWESOME!

Wolf's Bane

I love that Dothraki telling Tyrion "your people can't fight".  That will put to rest any question of which people are better in battle.  The Dothraki will beat the Westerosi in open combat.  Bronn deserves to die for what he did, that bastard.  I hope he's dead.

The Dothraki were fabulous tonight!  I have always liked them but tonight gave me an even greater appreciation for them.  I love how they're loyal to their Khaleesi. 

The actors were great on horseback.  This battle was perfect and the best one we have seen on the show. 

to be fair to the lannisters it wasn't dothraki vs lannister and tarly it was dothraki and a dragon vs lannister and tarly forces. The shield wall they had might have held but from the start the dragon punched a hole in it essentially screwing them over completly. I think if it was lannister and tarly vs dothraki horde the lannisters would have won but the dragon essentially ended it right from the start by tearing a hole in the lines and allowing dothraki behind their lines essentially ruining the shieldwall tactic. Also something people might not realize is that while the dothraki could ride through the fire since they would only be their for a second and it was mostly just on the ground after the first few riders went through but to do a shield wall they would have to stand in it.  Still the best part of the episode was poor tyrion watching jaime.

Tyrion-Flee you idiot

Jaime charges

Tyrion-you idiot you fu**ing idiot.

48 minutes ago, Steelshanks Walton said:

I love that Dothraki telling Tyrion "your people can't fight".  That will put to rest any question of which people are better in battle.  The Dothraki will beat the Westerosi in open combat. 

Take away the dragons and see what happens 

5 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Well the Dothraki do have the equivalent of a Nuke for a fantasy show on their side

Even a well trained horse will NEVER charge at the shield wall. Dothraki however are also great archers so they will obviously win. 

actually that's not true. I can't remember which native american tribe did it but some would train their horses so well that they would charge a tree and until the rider turned it the horse would run right into the tree. Remember that part of the war horses weapons was essentially just bashing through things using it's weight and strength. In fact in several battles the horses did run into shield walls and in some cases rows and rows of pikes though it ended poorly for the horses. I do think that the way they showed the dothraki hitting necks and other area's that were unprotected parts since their heavily curved blades are useless against armor. They got around that well for the most part unlike the hound during the battle of the black water who could cut people in half even though they were wearing full chainmail armor.  Also while they don't mention it in the show the books explained that the dothraki would often just run through enemies which essentially meant their horse would ram into them which unlike so many movies and shows would either wound or kill them which essentially ended the threat.

Just now, snow is the man said:

actually that's not true. I can't remember which native american tribe did it but some would train their horses so well that they would charge a tree and until the rider turned it the horse would run right into the tree. Remember that part of the war horses weapons was essentially just bashing through things using it's weight and strength. In fact in several battles the horses did run into shield walls and in some cases rows and rows of pikes though it ended poorly for the horses. I do think that the way they showed the dothraki hitting necks and other area's that were unprotected parts since their heavily curved blades are useless against armor. They got around that well for the most part unlike the hound during the battle of the black water who could cut people in half even though they were wearing full chainmail armor.  Also while they don't mention it in the show the books explained that the dothraki would often just run through enemies which essentially meant their horse would ram into them which unlike so many movies and shows would either wound or kill them which essentially ended the threat.

You'll have to help me fine that regarding those Native American riders

From my knowledge, no medieval calvary were able to get horse to charge into a pike/shield formation. At best, knights would put blinds of horses to help but that's not the case here. 

With that said, as far a the Dothraki are concerned, they most likely would break a line wit their archer before trying to bring through a shield line. Not that we saw any of the major cities really fielding an army. Yes, I do agree, i do like how well the Dothraki fought by their targeting attacks. 

Something I loved was how the scorpion wasn't like an instant kill and incredibly accurate where everything hit. Also loved how bron first told jaime to do it since whoever was on the scorpion was a target as we saw where after drogon got shot he burned it. Loved the part where after he lands he whips his tail into something because he was pissed off thought it was kinda funny and showed the futility of the situation for the lannisters. Also loved how all of jaime's "we can win this"  was washed away. You could really see it when he told those men to take cover and then saw them turn to ash and get blown away by a wind.

After tonight, it should be consensus that Tyrion no longer should be Dany's hand with the complaint at minimum, he can not be impartial and was a poor choice in the first place since it is his sibblings and his family that are the main villains South of the Wall and have been since this story/show began. Lannister dying was wonderful and a long time coming. Too bad, none of the main ones got it, yet that is.

4 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

You'll have to help me fine that regarding those Native American riders

From my knowledge, no medieval calvary were able to get horse to charge into a pike/shield formation. At best, knights would put blinds of horses to help but that's not the case here. 

With that said, as far a the Dothraki are concerned, they most likely would break a line wit their archer before trying to bring through a shield line. Not that we saw any of the major cities really fielding an army. Yes, I do agree, i do like how well the Dothraki fought by their targeting attacks. 

I think it was apache who did it. maybe I was wrong but I could swear I heard that sometimes a cavalry charge could break a shield line but at such a massive cost it was always on accident or by an extremly stupid commander

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

After tonight, it should be consensus that Tyrion no longer should be Dany's hand with the complaint at minimum, he can not be impartial and was a poor choice in the first place since it is his sibblings and his family that are the main villains South of the Wall and have been since this story/show began. Lannister dying was wonderful and a long time coming. Too bad, none of the main ones got it, yet that is.

No, he really hates Cersei, but not Jamie. Jamie himself wil turn on her.

13 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

No, he really hates Cersei, but not Jamie. Jamie himself wil turn on her.

Well, what Ido know is that his soft, subtle advice has only worked to his sister's favor and he is adamant about not using her heavier weapons to win quickly. The Queen of Thorns had the right of it all.  Funny, the last time King's Landing was sacked was when Tywin betrayed Aerys and rape and pillage went down. That was Tyrion's people, the Lannisters.  I have no respect for any Lannister and the Imp ought to be replaced as Dany's hand but she won't.

Guys the dothraki would win this regardless. Daenerys as a good leader minimized the casualities, that's all. The dothraki have been set up as the ultimate army in this show since season one.

The only army that can and will destroy the dothrakis is the Golden Company (this is NOT a spoiler, it is simply narrative interpretation: Cersei said this episode she will hire the Golden Company, therefore they will be the big bad next season, therefore they will be the most powerful army and probably will impale the Unsullied, Dothraki and Northerns all together)

Archived