robasp2

Is Jamie dead

82 posts in this topic

The last we saw, Jamie Lannister falls DEEP into a water body with heavy metal armour. 

The heat from the dragon flame must have been so intense just before the fall and could have burnt him badly.

Is there anyway at all he can survive now?

Not to mention there is no ally to pull them both out, and there is a dragon waiting for them if they plan on getting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually bron wasn't wearing any armor so it is possible he could pull him out. I doubt jaime will die like that. He will likely be fished out by someone just in time. And as for the dragon I think dany will somehow know he is the kingslayer or tyrion will pull him out and tell her. Also how is it that the water went from less then a foot deep to what a few dozen feet deep within four or five feet of where it was only a foot deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

actually bron wasn't wearing any armor so it is possible he could pull him out. I doubt jaime will die like that. He will likely be fished out by someone just in time. And as for the dragon I think dany will somehow know he is the kingslayer or tyrion will pull him out and tell her. Also how is it that the water went from less then a foot deep to what a few dozen feet deep within four or five feet of where it was only a foot deep.

Yes! Did they look for the right spot in the river to sink the Red October or what?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His sinking scene with his hands open seemed to imply to me that the thing dragging him down into the depths was his fake hand of gold. 

Bronn jumped in with him, so I think next episode we will see Bronn unfasten the gold hand and let it sink to the depths, while rescuing Jamie. (I accept that the armor would also be quite heavy as well, but perhaps it is plot armor, are we don't have to worry about it, or Tyrion will have recognised him and will come help...)

When they get out of the water the dragon might not actually be poised to burn them. Dany is killing those that try to kill her - but those practically drowning in the water they would be defenceless. It doesn't accord with her character to just blast them the second they emerge from the water. She might hold fire. That probably gives enough time for Tyrion to recognise Bronn and Jaime (if he hasn't done already - it seemed to me like he recognised Jamie when he said 'you fucking idiot' that second time - which gives him enough time to run to the scene while Jaime is still underwater).

Jaime will be a captive again - enough time to respect Dany maybe, tell her about real the circumstances under which he killed her father. A Bronn-Tyrion reunion would also be interesting. 

What's most interesting I think will be letting the golden hand sink. Cersei gave it to Jaime - she is like the golden shackle submerging him into darkness. There has to be an arc leading Jaime away from her - maybe this will finally be its start! 

 

  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Grand Maestress said:

His sinking scene with his hands open seemed to imply to me that the thing dragging him down into the depths was his fake hand of gold. 

Bronn jumped in with him, so I think next episode we will see Bronn unfasten the gold hand and let it sink to the depths, while rescuing Jamie. (I accept that the armor would also be quite heavy as well, but perhaps it is plot armor, are we don't have to worry about it, or Tyrion will have recognised him and will come help...)

When they get out of the water the dragon might not actually be poised to burn them. Dany is killing those that try to kill her - but those practically drowning in the water they would be defenceless. It doesn't accord with her character to just blast them the second they emerge from the water. She might hold fire. That probably gives enough time for Tyrion to recognise Bronn and Jaime (if he hasn't done already - it seemed to me like he recognised Jamie when he said 'you fucking idiot' that second time - which gives him enough time to run to the scene while Jaime is still underwater).

Jaime will be a captive again - enough time to respect Dany maybe, tell her about real the circumstances under which he killed her father. A Bronn-Tyrion reunion would also be interesting. 

What's most interesting I think will be letting the golden hand sink. Cersei gave it to Jaime - she is like the golden shackle submerging him into darkness. There has to be an arc leading Jaime away from her - maybe this will finally be its start! 

 

  

 

gold is an extremly heavy metal like lead is so it is possible.  Also dany knows why jaime killed her father because tyrion told her when she planned to burn those slaver cities to the ground. And tyrion saving jaime from drowning would be a nice throwback to when jorah saved tyrion from it

Edited by snow is the man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Also dany knows why jaime killed her father because tyrion told her when she planned to burn those slaver cities to the ground. 

Indeed - although I think it will be an altogether different and more convincing experience to meet the true murderer and hear the story from the horse's mouth.

She knows Jaime as a faceless evil at the moment - while we know he isn't so black and white. I feel she can only begin to accept Jaime's murder of her father as a necessary evil if he speaks to Jaime for the first-hand account. A direct comparison to her bloodthirsty fire-and-blood father would also be helpful to Dany, especially now that she is teetering on the verge of going ballistic with the dragons.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Nahh. Jaime will die a hero - a true legendary Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. And he will likely cause the death of his sister-wife.

There has been enough foreshadowing of both.

Edited by daemonTheBlack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect either Bronn knocks his hand off and drags him downstream to escape, or Tyrion directs the Dothraki to rescue him and take him prisoner.

But there are other possibilities that, while much less likely than those, are still more likely than Jaime dying in the middle of S7 like this. For example:

  • People keep falling into the water unconscious, somehow surviving, and then spending days or months getting back to civilization. He could get yet another of those stories.
  • If he actually drowns but then comes back to life, he's got a good argument to contest Euron in a new Kingsmoot. (Aeron Damphair is on the cast list to return this season.)
  • The only stock plot they haven't gotten to yet is amnesia. Maybe he'll wash up without his memories and become a happy smallperson, until episode 7 when someone discovers him and brings him back to KL, still without his memories, and he gets to know Cersei all over again. Wouldn't that be sweet?
  • Have they ever told us that Lannisters can't breathe water? It would be a ridiculous out-of-nowhere solution, but the show's had plenty of those already, so why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't get over the continental shelf being within mere metres of the shore thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grand Maestress said:

What's most interesting I think will be letting the golden hand sink. Cersei gave it to Jaime - she is like the golden shackle submerging him into darkness. There has to be an arc leading Jaime away from her - maybe this will finally be its start! 

Nice.

Also, Bronn just dropped and abandoned his bag of gold this episode. So you get the surface story of Bronn letting go of gold, along with the deeper story of Jaime being untied from the weight of Cersei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why could not Jaime throw the spear at Daenerys. I think it would look good on her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jaime isn't dead, I fully expect Stannis, Ned and even Robert to come back next episode after a vacation on one of the Summer Isles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly doubt it. It would be a really underwhelming dead for Jaime. It is like Tyrion is season 5 - he seemingly died from drowning but later is rescued.

39 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Why could not Jaime throw the spear at Daenerys. I think it would look good on her!

Tbh. He should have kept charging and pierce the spear into Drogon's mouth. He was just a few meters away from Drogon. I'm pretty sure he wouldl make it before Drogon releases the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I highly doubt it. It would be a really underwhelming dead for Jaime. It is like Tyrion is season 5 - he seemingly died from drowning but later is rescued.

Tbh. He should have kept charging and pierce the spear into Drogon's mouth. He was just a few meters away from Drogon. I'm pretty sure he wouldl make it before Drogon releases the fire.

What and use it as a tooth pick to take out some remaining sheep bones for Drogon, him charging at that dragon like that and continuing all to tickle his skin with a spear was about as much use as a pocket in a pair of underpants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll survive.

-The slow learner though, captured after crazily tried to kill Robb to the last in Whispering Wood, with tens of men on his way. 

-6 seasons later: Trying to kill Daenerys with a DRAGON on his way. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grand Maestress said:

What's most interesting I think will be letting the golden hand sink. Cersei gave it to Jaime - she is like the golden shackle submerging him into darkness. There has to be an arc leading Jaime away from her - maybe this will finally be its start! 

Great idea.  Also, Cersei will think Jaime is dead and marry Euron out of desperation.  Then we'll get Valonquar City.

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Why could not Jaime throw the spear at Daenerys. I think it would look good on her!

Jaime is more of a sword and lance guy (as we know from his tournament success) than a spear guy.  Plus, since he is fighting with his left hand, he may not yet be as strong with a spear in that hand as he might have been with his right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

What and use it as a tooth pick to take out some remaining sheep bones for Drogon, him charging at that dragon like that and continuing all to tickle his skin with a spear was about as much use as a pocket in a pair of underpants.

Drogon had his mouth open at that point. The spear would do probably little to nothing against his scales but he doesn't have scales inside his mouth, does he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Drogon had his mouth open at that point. The spear would do probably little to nothing against his scales but he doesn't have scales inside his mouth, does he?

Maybe he could have pierced the dragons brain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Maybe he could have pierced the dragons brain?

That's exactly my point! Via Dagon's mouth, Jaime could have pierced his brain or spine or at least a wound from which blood would go down to the dragon's lungs and he could drown in his own blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now