Is Jamie dead

robasp2

6 minutes ago, Marco van Panter said:

You're giving the dragons faaar too much credit. Several dragons have been slain by men:

• Stormcloud has been mortally wounded during a sea battle a 9 year old riding a dragon he had never rode before that was also very young too.

• Tessarion was put down by three arrows shot in her eye lol atleast give the full story, Tessarion was mortally wounded by another dragon!!! the dragon would be basically dead anyway.

• Shrykos was killed by a f***in' lumberjack dealing seven blows with an axe really, the dragon was in chains, give me enough time and I'll kill a dragon with tooth pick......

The Storming of the Dragon Pit alone should be indication enough. These were smallfolks killing 4 dragons. I'm rather sure they didn't have a minivan sized ballista with them. Maybe weirwood spears but even that... unlikely. Dragons might be hard to kill but can be killed quicker than Jamie, apparently. 

You know what the dragon pit is, a stable for dragons chained and cant escape. 

The only one I could give you credit for would be stormcloud the rest is stupid to say the least. I understand that dragons can be killed but its far harder than you made out it to be. Also just to point out the Dragons in the dragon pit would be a hell of a lot smaller in size than Daenerys.

It would be so good on so many levels: 

- how would this affect Tyrion's loyalty? 

- how would this affect Cersei's war (which is basically led by Jaime)? 

- we could also bin the Jaime is the valonquar theory 

- it'd be a Ned Stark/Red Wedding/Purple Wedding level shocker. 

- it would be real life. Sometimes people die in battle without reuniting with their siblings to forget about that other sibling they used to have even though that's what both the character and the audience wants. It would be sad and raw and real (and there are way too many reunions this season anyway) 

- we would be rid of a main character. 

And it would be so damn beautiful: 

- Bronn was just talking about how the gold weighs Jaime down. And now he is in the water with gilded Lannister armor and a gold hand literally weighing him down and sinking him. 

(But then, I thought Mel died in season 6 episode 1 because I would have been so beautiful after her true face was revealed and she lost all faith and strength and climbed into her bed all tired and weak. And then she got up in the morning and resurrected Jon. So I guess it was beautiful for nothing). 

However, Jaime's death would have its drawbacks too: 

- Nikolaj is a pillar of the cast, he is one of, if not the strongest actor at this point 

- Jaime would die without losing faith in Cersei and serving a mad monarch even though his whole character is about struggling with this 

And I don't think the show has the guts to write off Jaime like that: 

- again, Nikolaj is a very valuable cast member  

- it's too obviously easy for Bronn to fish him out or even Tyrion sending in someone last minute to fish him out

- I don't see them killing off main characters before the final season because they are cowardly like that and because this is season is about  #fanservice like the last season was about #girlpower 

I don't know if Jaime is dead or not and I don't think I have a preference. I'm curiously waiting to see what happens. 

If they wanted Jaime dead he would've died to dragonfire. They just wanted a cliffhanger ending; hence why they didn't show him in the trailer for the next episode.

Plenty of unrealistic things have already happened in the show, surviving in deep water with heavy armor shouldn't be what breaks your immersion.

I feel like the people who think Jaime's dead are the same ones that thought and argued adamantly that Jon was dead and not coming back. C'mon, guys - they're just using a standard Hollywood recipe at this point. If he is dead and gone then I'll be surprised by the show for the first time in a long time. 

There's no way Jaime is in any sort of trouble. When was the last time a cliff-hanger actually played out in a 'worst case scenario' kind of way? Not for a long time, if ever. Heck, even Jon Snow's cliff-hanger death was swept away within two or three episodes.

If Jaime dies, I'll have to revise my view of the show considerably. It'd be great if they dared go there, but I strongly doubt it.

45 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

a 9 year old riding a dragon he had never rode before that was also very young too.

Stormcloud hatched when Aegon III was born. If we follow the convention that one season in TV is one year IRL Drogon is two years younger than Stormcloud. Then again, D&D don't take time that serious.

lol atleast give the full story, Tessarion was mortally wounded by another dragon!!! the dragon would be basically dead anyway.

That wasn't my point. You said Jaime with a lance would be like a mouse attacking you with a toothpick. By that logic Tessarion was killed by a mouse with 3 skewers, wounded or not.

really, the dragon was in chains, give me enough time and I'll kill a dragon with tooth pick......

I don't think you'd have plenty of time being traped inside a collapsing, small building with 4 ferocious dragons. In any case:

You know what the dragon pit is, a stable for dragons chained and cant escape.

Sure, they were chained. Let's call that an impediment. What would you call having a metal rod the size of a street latern sticking out your chest then?

In the end it comes down to this. I didn't say it's easy to kill a dragon. It's hard! But not nearly as impossible as some here would want to make you believe. Crazier things have happened. 

8 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Yeah it was very obvious what was happening, his thick skull of his thought he could get to  Daenerys before Drogon would realise. Hes special Ill give him that. I was just discussing the point that, that person brought up and my thought on it.

oh okay. My mistake

3 minutes ago, Marco van Panter said:

Stormcloud hatched when Aegon III was born. If we follow the convention that one season in TV is one year IRL Drogon is two years younger than Stormcloud. Then again, D&D don't take time that serious.

That wasn't my point. You said Jaime with a lance would be like a mouse attacking you with a toothpick. By that logic Tessarion was killed by a mouse with 3 skewers, wounded or not.

I don't think you'd have plenty of time being traped inside a collapsing, small building with 4 ferocious dragons. In any case:

Sure, they were chained. Let's call that an impediment. What would you call having a metal rod the size of a street latern then?

In the end it comes down to this. I didn't say it's easy to kill a dragon. It's hard! But not nearly as impossible as some here would want to make you believe. Crazier things have happened. 

Sorry but you quite clearly said I gave far too much credit on how difficult it was to kill a dragon. Again your placing my answers out of context. I said it was easy to kill a dragon based upon what we had seen. You referenced multiple dragons already chained up and being slaughtered,  then another dragon being put down that was already fucked basically, due to it being attacked by another dragon. So in actually fact your underestimating the dragons.

It didnt seem like you thought it was hard after emphasis on three arrows, smallfolk and 7 swings of an ax by a woodcutter. Sounds like you make it pretty easy and simple to kill a dragon dont you think?

On 07/08/2017 at 10:01 PM, ravenous reader said:

Jaime serves a 'psychopathic and self-entitled tyrant who needs to exit the story as soon as possible...' = Cersei!

Just as Olenna predicted with her dying breath, it's still all about the 'things he does for love of,' and out of fear of breaking with, said 'psychopathic and self entitled tyrant who needs to exit the story as soon as possible.'  And if Olenna hadn't dispatched Joffrey, Jaime would still be actively propping up his even worse tyrannical regimen, conveniently ignoring how much suffering that caused for anyone.  So much for stopping tyrants in their tracks -- it seems Jaime is only willing to stand up and confront them in the name of 'justice', when those tyrants are called 'Targaryen' and not 'Lannister.'  

In short, regardless of ones take on Daenerys, Jaime's not entitled to the moral high ground here.  He's looking after his own interests, using the means at his disposal, just like Daenerys.  They're both heroic warriors; they both stood by their troops till the bitter end -- she bravely flew a dragon until she toppled from the sky, and he valiantly charged one until he was thrown from his horse.  It would be so ironically pleasing if he were the Mad King's bastard, making Jaime and Daenerys brother and sister, underscoring the pathos of the encounter, and the difficulty in assigning 'right' and 'wrong' while sorting through the complexity of historical grievances culminating in that moment, facing off against each other on opposite sides instead of being on the same side of the field. Consider that none of any of this would have happened, had it not been for the Lannisters eliminating most of Dany's family, with Jaime himself delivering the coup de grace, by emphatically stabbing his king (and likely biological father) in the back, driving Dany into a life of exile, whereafter, ultimately, Jaime and Cersei illegally seized the throne for themselves, sparking a bloody and protracted civil war (where were Jaime's tender feelings for the 'smallfolk' while his father was ruthlessly setting the Riverlands on fire in an equally bloody conflagration?), all in order to rule through their bastard son Joffrey, another 'psychopathic and self-entitled tyrant who needed to exit the story as soon as possible,' whom Tyrion accordingly dubs 'Aerys III'.  

So, verily, I say unto you:  'By what right does the lion presume to judge the dragon?"

Where does it end?

Joffrey was indeed a tyrant but one who had minimal power - Tywin Lannister was the real ruler of the seven kingdoms during Joffrey's reign and when he wasn't there he had Tyrion calling the shots. The Lannister regime during Joffrey's reign was in no way worse than Robert's or Aerys's other than the fact the realm was in a state of war for much of it. I see no reason to criticise Jaime for standing by his family 

Please don't compare Dany to Jaime as a warrior. She's nothing of the sort. Riding that dragon and burning men in their armor while you're relatively safe above doesn't make you a warrior. And the idea that Jaime is a targ is utterly ridiculous to me. Please god no. 

I'm pretty sure Tyrion recognized Jamie right away. I do think Jamie will probably last until the end...stupidly defending Cersei. UNLESS Tyrion convinces him otherwise. So he'll come out soaking wet, give Dany some lip and Tyrion will tell him to shut up.

We all know Jaime is alive and well. There's no doubt about that.

I would like him to die though and only because him being rescued in the last moment is a bit far fetched and unrealistic. Alright if they do it once, twice with some main character in the whole series but twice, thrice a battle with each main guy/gal,... Meh... In the end, it does exact opposite than what is supposed to.

My prediction is that the next time we see Jamie, he'll be with Bronn and there will be some throwaway line like "Next time you tackle me into the shore, pick a section that isn't strangely twenty feet deep. I liked that armor."

Bronn will reply with something like "Next time you charge directly into a dragon's mouth, I'm going to let you."

On 11-8-2017 at 3:25 AM, Lurid Jester said:

My prediction is that the next time we see Jamie, he'll be with Bronn and there will be some throwaway line like "Next time you tackle me into the shore, pick a section that isn't strangely twenty feet deep. I liked that armor."

Bronn will reply with something like "Next time you charge directly into a dragon's mouth, I'm going to let you."

Hahaha wow, this could be literally copy pasted unto the show and it would blend right in seamlessly. 

Jaime/Bronn should have their own spin-off show.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:16 PM, Lord Sheepius said:

If Jaime isn't dead, I fully expect Stannis, Ned and even Robert to come back next episode after a vacation on one of the Summer Isles.

Well one of those three would be entertaining indeed... absurd, of course, but who knows these days?

But really, while Jaime is clearly in deep shit, there's no way he's dead (yet). Quite aside from his story not being over, what would be the point of Bronn dramatically saving him, and having absurdly deep water right new to the ankle-deep water if they just wanted him dead? Just let Drogon burn him then.

He should be dead, but the armour he has on is only lightweight plot armour.  Bronn will save him - again!

I hate these fake cliffhanger endings on shows.  Any show.  My reaction is always "Oh good, that's the end of that character then."  Even when it's the star of the show - as it is quite often.

20 minutes ago, Woofless said:

He should be dead, but the armour he has on is only lightweight plot armour.  Bronn will save him - again!

I hate these fake cliffhanger endings on shows.  Any show.  My reaction is always "Oh good, that's the end of that character then."  Even when it's the star of the show - as it is quite often.

I wonder if anyone over the age of nine is actually fooled by those things, like ever.

Archived