About paintings in the cave

purple-eyes

As far as we know, children of forest liked to stay in the caves inside or at least near forests. Such as the cave of Bran or the cave in rainforest. That is why they are children of "forest". But dragonstone is a live volcanic island and there is no forest over there. It is an island of smoky stones. How come children of forest stayed there? 

The answer is, Jon and Davos painted these paintings by themselves in order to persuade Dany to support them to fight night king. 

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

As far as we know, children of forest liked to stay in the caves inside or at least near forests. Such as the cave of Bran or the cave in rainforest. That is why they are children of "forest". But dragonstone is a live volcanic island and there is no forest over there. It is an island of smoky stones. How come children of forest stayed there? 

The answer is, Jon and Davos painted these paintings by themselves in order to persuade Dany to support them to fight night king. 

Or they new about the place as a source a Dragon glass possible used to make the WW in the First place.  But, most likely it's D&D taking multiple things from the books and moving them for quick plot reasons (eg, the Sandstone who finds Children Drawings while exploring an old cave on their way up from Dorn.

Actually the children of the forest were everywhere in westero's and considering it is known that the children of the forest used obsidian for most of their weapons it makes perfect sense they would have to mine it. Personally I was waiting for dany to accuse him of painting them himself to trick her which while I don't think he did I would understand her thinking so given it fit in with what he was saying so well

On 8/6/2017 at 11:55 PM, purple-eyes said:

Jon and Davos painted these paintings by themselves in order to persuade Dany to support them to fight night king. 

On 8/7/2017 at 1:46 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Naw, the real story is Prometheus and Alien Covenant are actually prequels to GoT. David painted the cave drawings Jon found.

LOL I said both of these things to my friends the minute this was shown on the screen LOL.  I am not sure why Dany didn't question the veracity of these incredibly convenient paintings.

It might be an over active imagination but if you look at the figures Jon mentions to Dany as representing men and children of the forrest working together doesn't one of the three large ones on the left have something familiar about it?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict000344401611.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Is it me or does that look like Jamie? holding the dragonglass dagger left handed and his right hand is pointing straight downwards with an open palm just as Jamie's replacement hand does, you can even see a line on the arm where it attaches.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:55 PM, purple-eyes said:

:D That would be hilarious. Much more likely the show needed the plot device and didn't really care that Children of the Forest only ever lived in "caves near forests." BTW - do you have any evidence that they only used forest caves beyond their name? If not, that's kind of a weak argument. They're not called "Children exclusive to Forests."

I loved the episode, but that scene was cringeworthy. Like another poster said, it was just way too convenient.

Jon: the CotF did these drawings.

um, how does he know that? Why would just automatically assume that? They could've been put there by anybody?

then he said it shows men and CotF fighting together against the WW. Huh? Where did it show that. To me, it looked like 3 stick figures standing side by side. I agree the WW drawings looked like WW, but I didnt see any fighting going on or any alliances.

then Dany is: ok, I'm instantly convinced now that you showed me some unconvincing drawing that look like they were made by kindergarteners. You can definitely use my whole army and dragons now as long as you kneel.

wow. For a show as detailed and deep as GoT, that scene just seemed very contrived and wedged in for plot convenience

This is one of those things, like timelines on the show, that I don't think you can put too much thought into :D.  It just doesn't really make any sense.  Even beyond your question, why were the drawings of the children and the First Men so undetailed and basically stick figures, but the drawings of the White Walkers were perfectly detailed?

The show simply needed exposition here and came up with a shortcut with these cave drawings- Additionally I think it was cave drawings because they wanted a more intimate and romantic setting.

I do really LOVE the idea that Jon and Davos painted these the night before.  

15 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

The timing is all jacked up.  So The Long Night happened 8000 years before Aegon's Conquest.  So this island would have had to have been known to have dragon glass well before it was turned into Dragonstone.  So that means it had dragonglass waaaaaaaaay before there was even a castle there.  

It makes sense to me, 

Dragonstone is a volcanic island in Blackwater Bay, created by the active volcano, Dragonmont. Obsidian is frozen fire. So if the CotF knew this they would search for Volcanic areas. 

5 hours ago, Euron's Mom said:

Everyone in the North knew the legends of how the children and first men united during the Long Night.  He would have grown up with those stories, so it would have been easy for him to interpret the drawings.

Yep.  To him it would be plain as day.  Gotta remember the character's perspective.

4 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

It makes sense to me, 

Dragonstone is a volcanic island in Blackwater Bay, created by the active volcano, Dragonmont. Obsidian is frozen fire. So if the CotF knew this they would search for Volcanic areas. 

Yes, obviously obsidian existed before the Long Night because that's what the CotF used to create the WW!

Archived