Jaime appreciation thread

Some say that the scene was a little bit controversial (going to Daenerys when she wasn't watching), it is true but for me war is war and in the war everything is allowed.

this is an appreciation thread for the superhuman courage of Jaime to attack the mother of dragons in the presence of Drogon.

3 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Some say that the scene was a little bit controversial (going to Daenerys when she wasn't watching), it is true but for me war is war and in the war everything is allowed.

this is an appreciation thread for the superhuman courage of Jaime to attack the mother of dragons in the presence of Drogon.

It was very brave from him to try, I said it already in the rate thread. He saw a little chance to take her down, and took it, despite the odds were against him. Not the smartest thing to do, I think he was just as stupid as Jon in the BotB, but I admire him for trying. 

I do not see anything controversial, an enemy commander is a perfectly acceptable target even if he's not looking at you. He could have ended the war and saved countless lives. (The same he could do by taking down his crazy bitch sister, but we all can see he's not ready for that)

2 hours ago, robasp2 said:

Why isnt Jamie dead already...

God...

The guy has been pissing me off since Season 1

Jamie keeps saving the world, and he pisses you off?

Without Jamie, the entire story falls apart.

He saves Kings Landing by killing Aerys Targaryen.

Pushing Bran out of the window is far more than saving millions by not starting a war that would happen if Robert found out those weren't his kids. He's the reason Bran is now the Three Eyed Raven. I hope Bran will warg a dragon, assisting Dany in the Battle for the Dawn.

And Jamie is the valonqar, again however it goes down, it will be another act of saving the world, because she's becoming Aerys on steroids.

11 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Jamie keeps saving the world, and he pisses you off?

Without Jamie, the entire story falls apart.

He saves Kings Landing by killing Aerys Targaryen.

Pushing Bran out of the window is far more than saving millions by not starting a war that would happen if Robert found out those weren't his kids. He's the reason Bran is now the Three Eyed Raven. I hope Bran will warg a dragon, assisting Dany in the Battle for the Dawn.

And Jamie is the valonqar, again however it goes down, it will be another act of saving the world, because she's becoming Aerys on steroids.

I think pushing bran out the window had nothing to do with not starting a war. He just didn't want to get caught. As for aery's yeah he saved kings landing. I think if aery's had only asked for jaime's fathers head jaime would have left and not done it but definetly not killed aery's but aery's blowing up kings landing was what led to jaime killing him. Which aery's was going to do because the war was lost and he knew it. Jaime had been telling him to surrender. Now cersei is in a similar situation because while the city isn't being sacked already the war is obviosuly lost and she is  just causing more death for nothing and is probably gonna pull an aery's in a "if I can't have it noone can" thing.

Coster-Waldau hinted in one interview that Jaime might have a new love interest this season. The plot-leaks mention that 

Spoiler

Jaime will ditch his sister and go north to help the Stargaryens fight the white walker invasions.

I suspect we will have even more cause to appreciate Jaime by the end.

2 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Coster-Waldau hinted in one interview that Jaime might have a new love interest this season. The plot-leaks mention that 

Reveal hidden contents

Jaime will ditch his sister and go north to help the Stargaryens fight the white walker invasions.

I suspect we will have even more cause to appreciate Jaime by the end.

Damn, I hoped he drowned (even though it was ridiculous that the water was so deep).

4 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

That was proper Fairytale knightly. And it proves why Visenya had Dark Sister. Dany isn't a warrior. If Drogon had got it in the eye or if he'd flown off she'd be dead

I don't understand anyone who views him charging her as "backstabbing" or "cowardly", she's on the battlefield with a huge dragon backing her, it was his only chance at killing her, thus most likely ending the war.

And yeah, one can only awe at the sheer balls it takes to fucking charge at a dragon.

3 minutes ago, BrightStar Of The Day said:

I don't understand anyone who views him charging her as "backstabbing" or "cowardly", she's on the battlefield with a huge dragon backing her, it was his only chance at killing her, thus most likely ending the war.

And yeah, one can only awe at the sheer balls it takes to fucking charge at a dragon.

I agree.  It was a very brave move, and a risk worth taking.  Had he skewered Daenerys, he would have won the war.

2 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

By pushing Bran and preventing or trying to prevent the discovery of the incest and "royal" bastards he only fixed a problems he made in the firstplace.

I love recklessly brave Jaime!  I'm glad that part of his character is still there. He's willing to take risks to go after the enemy leader.  He did against Robb and got very close.  Again with Dany and got very close.   Maybe he'll do it again against the Night King? (And succeed but die?)

Archived