Jaime appreciation thread

One thing that Show Jaime (and it's all on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) has down pat is his facial reactions.  I mean damn, he emotes so much with just simple reactions.  It really makes you want to root for him, despite his crimes.  

7 hours ago, Fexyr said:

Love Jaime. Choosing to stay and fight with his army was very honorable of him (and we're talking about a man known for his lack of honor), and he knew he would lose. 

A captain goes down with his ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_captain_goes_down_with_the_ship

7 hours ago, Fexyr said:

He just needs to cut the relationship with Cersei so we can see the great man he is :).

He needs another woman in his life

4 hours ago, Rockroi said:

I think Jaime would advise surrender; because he has already advised surrender in the past- only it was to Aerys to surrender to Tywin.  Jaime has seen the awesome power that no Westeros Army has a chance against.  

If Jaime is truly there to protect Cersei, isn't he obligated to advise her to surrender?  

He definitely might advise surrender, but I highly doubt that his megalomaniac crazy sister would take that advise.  She does not care about her armies being roasted, she might even prefer all Westeros completely wrecked if she can't have it. 

I'm not a fan of where they took Jaime in the show, but I dug his scenes in this episode. Charging at the dragon slag solo and refusing to flee when everything was going to shit earned him some respect. Would've been great if he had killed (or severely wounded) Drogon; the dragonslayer is a much better title. But then the Army of Fire would be a lot weaker against the Dead Man Party.

Are people actually calling it controversial? Haven't seen anyone bring it up thus far, but if that's the case that's hilarious.

39 minutes ago, Tagganaro said:

One thing that Show Jaime (and it's all on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) has down pat is his facial reactions.  I mean damn, he emotes so much with just simple reactions.  It really makes you want to root for him, despite his crimes.  

I absolutely agree. NCW has the best facial expressions since season 1. From his interactions with Michelle Fairley in season 1 to his talk with Richard Madden in season 2 to everything that's happened to him since season 3 (like Gwendoline Christie) his facial expressions have been spot on.

17 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Some say that the scene was a little bit controversial (going to Daenerys when she wasn't watching), it is true but for me war is war and in the war everything is allowed.

this is an appreciation thread for the superhuman courage of Jaime to attack the mother of dragons in the presence of Drogon.

I agree. Also, Dany had a full grown dragon by her side, so Jaime's actions were anything but cowardly.

Jaime is brave, maybe a bit impulsive, but brave nonetheless. He could've retreated but didn't. He risked his own life to end the war in one swift stroke.

I hope this situation somehow takes him away from Cersei.

Dragons are kind of cheating anyway, so it's not cowardly to attack them or Dany when their back is turned.

When I re-watched the episode I really disliked Dany on Drogon and felt like they were the bad guys. So overpowered that it just wasn't fair - dragons are totally dis-honourable.

1 hour ago, LucyMormont said:

He definitely might advise surrender, but I highly doubt that his megalomaniac crazy sister would take that advise.  She does not care about her armies being roasted, she might even prefer all Westeros completely wrecked if she can't have it. 

this. This is her mind set so telling her to surreneder is pointless

1 hour ago, Tagganaro said:

his facial  expressions are amazing. I had to rewind the scene in the fight where he first heard the dragon with bron.  He went from "we can hold them" to oh shi*" and the facial expression did it better then any words could.

Some really harsh Jaime haters in this thread.

Let's get this straight. Jaime season 1 was just horrible, even if you discount the throwing Bran out of a window business he was horrible, but Jaime has been on an amazing redemption arc since losing his hand. That was the prison sentence.

If you can forgive Theon for betraying Robb, seizing Winterfell, killing those two innocent boys then it should be just as easy to forgive Jaime. They both have been forced to face their actions.

I agree that his redemption arc has stalled a lot but from the shows point of view he has been needed in King's Landing to bounce off Cersei's increasing madness. Without Jaime there we don't get to fully appreciate Cersei's ideas and scheming. Which is why he has had to be there and been show to mostly go along with her planning because she is now all he has.

Jaime was NOT happy to see Cersei had blown up the Sept but what could he do about it? The deed was already done when he returned. All he wants now is to advise her against killing more people. You see that in all his actions now, trying to avoid the most casualty heavy outcome. He didn't even want his own men whipped for slowness when Tarly suggested it.

He was both brave and stupid for attempting to kill Dany in one hit but that is also totally in keeping with his character. Kill Dany and end the war is all he was thinking. I don't even think the dragon entered his mind, although it was a complete suicide mission. Foolhardy is the word I would use to describe Jaime in that moment.

This is a man who was willing to put his reputation on the line as a kingslayer when really he saved King's Landing from being torched.

I am 100% convinced that Jaime will complete the circle and become a queenslayer as well when it becomes clear that Cersei is also ready to burn the city when the war starts to really go against her. He will kill her and he will spend the rest of his days repenting for all his sins.

One last thing I'd say to all Jaime haters is do you really think season 7 Jaime would be anything other than apologetic and regretful if he got to meet Bran again? He is not the same man who pushed an innocent boy out of the window.

In what universe could Jaime charging a dragon and it's rider be considered a cowardly move? 

If Jaime still had his right hand he would have thrown the spear and killed Daenerys. 

I couldn't help but cheer for Jaime this season. I wanted him to beat the Tyrells. I wanted him to beat the savage Dothraki. I cheered when Bronn hit the dragon with the bolt. To me Jaime looked like the valiant knight ready to put his life on the line to slay the dragon Queen and end the war.  I dunno, It's hard to root for savage Dothraki and dragons when they are killing Westerosi men trying to defend their homeland. 

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:18 AM, Tywinelle said:

Really?  I thought it was Dickon of the mile wide shoulders.

He has been given the name Dickon Smallface in our house.  As if Dickon wasn't a bad enough name.

Show Jaime is a lot less interesting and heroic than book Jaime.  He is usually relegated to being the victim of D&D's love for Cersei.  He has his moments, like this one, when he is away from her.  There is a fine line from being a decent person drawn into bad things (book) and stooge lapdog (show). 

On 08/08/2017 at 5:48 AM, princess_snow said:

Oh, I didn't think of Dickon ha. It looked to me like Bronn, Ive watched the ep twice, but we'll have to wait and see. I'm not ready for Bronn to die.

It could have been Bronn.  It happened so quickly.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:06 PM, BrightStar Of The Day said:

I don't understand anyone who views him charging her as "backstabbing" or "cowardly"

That position is extremely ridiculous indeed! Does anyone actually think that?! It was hopelessly optimistic - as Tyrion says "you fucking idiot" (or something to that effect), but it was neither cowardly nor wrong in any way, except for the fact that it failed of course.

Jaime charging Dany was, in my opinion, one of the most courageous things we've seen any character do in Game of Thrones. He knew that even if he killed her it was certain death, whether at the hands of Drogon or the Dothraki, but he saw a chance to end the war and he took it and no matter who you support, you have to respect that kind of suicidal courage.

Archived