So did dany follow jons advice

When she asked jon what he would do he said not to burn castles and cities but I think jon would know she would have to use them just not on innocent people. He specifically says that some of her people might have believed she was capable of great things because she brought back dragons and to me that said he thought they needed to be seen.So personally I think she did take his advice but what does everyone else think.

2 hours ago, snow is the man said:

When she asked jon what he would do he said not to burn castles and cities but I think jon would know she would have to use them just not on innocent people. So personally I think she did take his advice but what does everyone else think.

Yes, I think she did.

Riderless Dragons might have fired on the Dothraki.

But yeah, the food burning confounded me as well. Was saying in the other thread that Dany might have wanted to cause some permanent damage first in case they had to retreat.

I cant exactly remember, but did they actually show it was food? May be she was burning wooden siege equipment etc?

1 hour ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Riderless Dragons might have fired on the Dothraki.

But yeah, the food burning confounded me as well. Was saying in the other thread that Dany might have wanted to cause some permanent damage first in case they had to retreat.

I cant exactly remember, but did they actually show it was food? May be she was burning wooden siege equipment etc?

I remember that there were some barrels so I suppose that it was food. I believe that Jaime or Bronn specifically referred to it as supplies or food at the beginning of the scene.

About the food burning, maybe she thought that she would be able to deliver it to Dragonstone so she opted for burning it instead of letting Cersei have it???

Re: Burning the food. I think it's got to do with some plotting. The gold arrived at KL. So, the IB will want to be paid. But , now with the food all very "well done", Cersei will need the gold to buy food to keep her subjects happy. Voila! Instant conflict.

9 hours ago, snow is the man said:

When she asked jon what he would do he said not to burn castles and cities but I think jon would know she would have to use them just not on innocent people. He specifically says that some of her people might have believed she was capable of great things because she brought back dragons and to me that said he thought they needed to be seen.So personally I think she did take his advice but what does everyone else think.

It was deftly done Dany needed a reason not to burn KL, she needs to look smarter than Tyrion and Jon can't steal her thunder so can't be his plan.

Jon gives the rationale and she takes ownership of the plan, this season has taken it to anther level; the awkwardness of the reunions grounded the show before the action kicked in

1 hour ago, Quoth said:

Re: Burning the food. I think it's got to do with some plotting. The gold arrived at KL. So, the IB will want to be paid. But , now with the food all very "well done", Cersei will need the gold to buy food to keep her subjects happy. Voila! Instant conflict.

Not a conflict.  Conveniently, the IBB rep has already offered to loan some gold back to Cersei.  Unlent money is dead weight for a bank.

40 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Not a conflict.  Conveniently, the IBB rep has already offered to loan some gold back to Cersei.  Unlent money is dead weight for a bank.

That was on condition of her actually paying off the current debt.

1 minute ago, Lurid Jester said:

That was on condition of her actually paying off the current debt.

And we are told that all of the gold conveniently made it to King's Landing well before the army did. 

As for if Dany followed Jon's advice, yes I think she did. Instead of attacking a city and innocent people she attacked the Lannister army. While you can make the case that they too are innocent people, you can also make the case that they are not innocent. These are the men who are coming back from sacking Highgarden and killing Olenna and, presumably, a large number of Tyrell forces. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

And we are told that all of the gold conveniently made it to King's Landing well before the army did. 

I wouldn't say convenient since the gold was the entire purpose of the campaign. Only makes sense that it would be with the vanguard of the army on their return to KL. 

What makes less sense, to me, is Jamie and the military leadership hanging out by the end of the column. You would think they would be with the gold and intent on making sure it was safe. 

7 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

I wouldn't say convenient since the gold was the entire purpose of the campaign. Only makes sense that it would be with the vanguard of the army on their return to KL. 

What makes less sense, to me, is Jamie and the military leadership hanging out by the end of the column. You would think they would be with the gold and intent on making sure it was safe. 

It is very convenient that Jaime isn't riding into KL beside the gold. We saw him right next to the gold caravan at the beginning of the episode, and now suddenly they send the gold across the Blackwater by itself but stay on the other side with the vast majority of their army. It was done solely because they needed the gold to get there and Jaime not to, in order for him to partake in the battle. It's another example of a completely artificial setup to make the story better instead of making it seem real. 

It was great advice. I loved everything that Jon said, but I would hope he also sets Tyrion straight on his plan to besiege a city of 500,000 civilians. Even if it quickly led to a popular uprising that overthrew Cersei from within, that would probably result in far more deaths than the dragons burning the Red Keep.

Just now, Lord Godric said:

It is very convenient that Jaime isn't riding into KL beside the gold. We saw him right next to the gold caravan at the beginning of the episode, and now suddenly they send the gold across the Blackwater by itself but stay on the other side with the vast majority of their army. It was done solely because they needed the gold to get there and Jaime not to, in order for him to partake in the battle. It's another example of a completely artificial setup to make the story better instead of making it seem real. 

Agreed. Jamie should have been at the front of the column and safe inside KL with all that gold. 

My answer would be kind of? lol.  I think she kind of took Jon's advice about not flying straight to the red keep with her dragons and roasting everyone, but I would also say she sort of violated the spirit of Jon's advice which was to not use dragons to burn people like the old days.  

Yes absolutely. She didn't go in to burn KL to the ground with three dragons, she hit back after getting three slaps in the face. I mean, no matter how awfully destructive that dragon attack was, it was totally understandable and the least she was going to do. It was high time she took action and not just sit around and see her mission fall into pieces because Tyrion gives the worst advice in the world. 

Archived