What's the current military stats for both sides?

goomba

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

daenerys can delete the debt to House Lannister for not bending the knee to her.

Yes but she can't delete the debt to the iron throne. I mean of course she isn't gonna pay house lannister the money they loaned robert and such. But the iron bank is a different thing altogether and they owe alot of money to them

1 hour ago, plastic throne said:

I don't see it this way; I mean, this is true but only when both sides agree upon it. It is different with the case of Stannis because he did need them/their help, so he agreed upon paying off whole debt once he succeeds taking over the throne.

But with Danny, she does not need IB at all and I don't see her as someone complying to extortion and pleads to pay off the debt 'usurpers' made. And if it ever comes to it - a major conflict, she has 3 nuclear weapons ready to roast IB into history.

The Iron Bank will just have to swallow the losses, I believe.

no you don't go against the iron bank because they can wreck an economy and have done so. They topple monarchs who don't pay them back and so on. It is just the way things are and it isn't extortion it's a debt that is owed. And the debt that the iron throne has is massive. In the books this is adressed and explained better

5 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

How was it any different lol you think shes going to get some spa treatment if Daenerys gets hold of her?

no but killing yourself and destroying kings landing are two very different things. Yes she dies in both of them but blowing up kings landing would be about more then that it would be her destroying something rather then let her enemies have it even though she had already lost and would die.  There is a big difference in this because one is just about having a quick and painless end for her and the other is about her taking half a million people (the population of kingslanding according to jaime) with her.

16 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

no you don't go against the iron bank because they can wreck an economy and have done so. They topple monarchs who don't pay them back and so on. It is just the way things are and it isn't extortion it's a debt that is owed. And the debt that the iron throne has is massive. In the books this is adressed and explained better

I know how it is explained but I don't see them 10 percent as powerful as Daenerys is right now, with all their gold and influences combined. Remember they still need someone willing to go against her and defeat her in battle with all her dragons and hordes combined. Because that's how IB rolls, if you can't pay up, another lord is brought up (financially backed) that is (for the sake of his own ambition) willing to do so. Aegon's Conquest is good enough portrayal of just how powerful dragons can be/are, on and off the field (fear factor).

To have any real bargain chip, they (IB) will have to wait until the end of the war with the WW, imo. We'll see what cards each one of them holds in their hands after that. I doubt series will venture that far though, it will probably remained unanswered.

9 hours ago, plastic throne said:

I know how it is explained but I don't see them 10 percent as powerful as Daenerys is right now, with all their gold and influences combined. Remember they still need someone willing to go against her and defeat her in battle with all her dragons and hordes combined. Because that's how IB rolls, if you can't pay up, another lord is brought up (financially backed) that is (for the sake of his own ambition) willing to do so. Aegon's Conquest is good enough portrayal of just how powerful dragons can be/are, on and off the field (fear factor).

To have any real bargain chip, they (IB) will have to wait until the end of the war with the WW, imo. We'll see what cards each one of them holds in their hands after that. I doubt series will venture that far though, it will probably remained unanswered.

they can still destroy an economy here is an example from the books.

Spoiler

in the books when cersei tells them to wait for their due then they stop loaning money to all of westero's and call in alot of debt so it tears apart business's and can destroy entire house's. After the war dany cannot afford to have the Iron bank not give loans to help rebuild the country and such. So yes they have alot of leverage.

Archived