Why is LF trying to kill Sweetrobin?

Avocet

The kid wont make it too adulthood and is unstable mentaly 

Better to use harold to usher in a new heir in calm orderly manner  that he helped set up and has a stake in

Plus if harold is as much a ladies man as hes presented to be then a man who seemingly runs many of westeros best brothels (lf) will have an extra hook to help sweeten him up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 12/08/2017 at 0:14 AM, Avocet said:

But that would just make it harder for LF, why not just keep SweetRobin Alive and control him until he dies?

Yeh thats true, he is definitely taking a gamble by trying to remove him. But after all, we can see that Sweetrobin actually hates his stepfather, so perhaps LF doesnt believe he can control this kid who is so prone to outbreaks. He does say to Sansa that he wants to take Winterfell and have control over the Vale, if we can actually trust what he confides to her. The Vale would likely rally behind an heir, even if his claim seems fairly unobvious, who can produce an heir and maintain a somewhat stable environment in the kingdom.

We also don't have any perspective regarding what other Vale houses could be plotting, for instance, many must want to remove LF and aren't convinced about how Lysa Arryn died. Harold Hardying may even be strongly under the influence of other houses already who mean to take advantage of placing Hardying as heir to then themselves exerce dominance over the Vale. It makes me thing LF hasn't revealed his full plan.

Some theories floating around are about whether or not Sweetrobin is actually Littlefingers son and not Jon Arryns. If Lysa knew this it could explain why she is attatched to him in such a sick and intimate way, the way she used to feed him at her breast at his age. Maybe LF sees his childhood self in this small, weak and pathetic child. Its something I thought about anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 2:14 AM, Avocet said:

All i wanted to ask was: why is Pyter Baelish trying to kill SweetRobin and replace him with house Harrold Harrdying

wouldn't i be easier to just control Sweetrobin?

Because he didn't get the gene.

Littlefinger's motives aren't what he says they are, nor what it's implied they are. Littlefinger is a player of the mythic game, not just the game of thrones. His goal appears to be to place an heir of the Black Blood on the seat at Harrenhal to reactivate it's magic-nullification effects, effects which fell when the last Whent was driven from the castle during the War of the Five Kings.

He likely hoped that Sweetrobin would have the Black Blood, but he doesn't: he wouldn't be tormented by the voices if he did. Maybe he was able to determine that Lyssa didn't carry the gene, or maybe he just decided she was getting to old to bear children, and so his attention turned to Cat's children, and he seems to believe that Sansa, at least, carries the Black Blood.

On 9/6/2017 at 0:05 PM, Aegon Baratheon said:

Some theories floating around are about whether or not Sweetrobin is actually Littlefingers son and not Jon Arryns.

That does appear to be the case: there's some irony about all his research into the heritability of hair color and him never realizing that a blonde and a redhead can never produce a brunette. Or maybe he did know, and maybe he never knew anything about the legitimacy of Cercei's children. Another level of irony.

• 1 month later...

I've found the theory that Sweetrobin is actually his son to be delightfully wicked, considering it would imply LF has no qualms about murdering his son.

I was going to add that my interpretation has been that LF isn't trying to actively kill SR at this time. Instead he's trying to continue weakening him so when the time is ripe he can try and execute his Harry the Heir/Sansa wedding. People may suspect foul play, but (1) SR is not likely to be a very good ruler, and (2) everyone knows he's sickly, so who's to say he didn't die of natural causes? Also, it's on the brilliant side because the "poison" being administered to SR is out in the open as it's used as a treatment for his condition(s). Meaning an examination of his corpse wouldn't yield any evidence of foul play. LF can further shield himself by throwing the Maester under the bus and having him pinned with the blame for giving SR too much.

But, as someone else pointed out, it wouldn't be out of character for LF to actually have other reasons or plans for things. Just because he spun Sansa a story of a fanciful plan to marry her to a high lord and reclaim Winterfell doesn't mean it's true. However, if it really is his plan then he needs to make sure he has control/influence over Harry (marrying him to Sansa) before handing the Eyrie over to him.

Archived