The Drogon appreciation thread

Gomagoti

Barring an appearance from Ghost, Drogon is one impressive piece of cgi'ed dragon arse. His scenes were impressive, his swooping was impressive as was all the flaming and roaring and even the funny squeal when the ballista went through his wing. I'm rather upset he is hurt to be honest.

I like Drogon well enough. But his brother Rhaegal is my favorite. May they burn more shit up in the next three episodes. Also I wonder how Dany would react if Rhaegal chose Jon without her urging? If Jon mounts him and becomes his rider I think his sole allegiance would be to Jon. A dragon has only one rider ( until the current ridee dies anyway). Would she feel betrayed?

1 hour ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I like Drogon well enough. But his brother Rhaegal is my favorite. May they burn more shit up in the next three episodes. Also I wonder how Dany would react if Rhaegal chose Jon without her urging? If Jon mounts him and becomes his rider I think his sole allegiance would be to Jon. A dragon has only one rider ( until the current ridee dies anyway). Would she feel betrayed?

Dany is his mother.  He will always love his mother.

22 minutes ago, Heavy D said:

Dany is his mother.  He will always love his mother.

Love has nothing to do with it...it's a dragon....If a dragon has an allegiance to one rider and one rider only, is he still beholden to Dany? I wouldn't think so. I'm just thinking along the lines of the Dance of Dragons in the end Rhaenarys son couldn't hop on his mothers dragon to free it from the dragon pit while she was still alive. It lirerally turned on him and roasted him.Then at the end of the Dance it didn't stop a dragon from devouring her even if she was blood of the dragon.

Drogon is amazing but it'd be nice to see the other two get some action and I think they need some riders. I'm honestly surprised that never once since Dany started riding drogon has she considered, or a discussion happened, about who might ride the other two. I don't know if it's that she's assuming/knows only a targ can ride a dragon?? If not you'd think (even before any Jon snow business) she might select some trusted person/warrior to try and ride as well. 

1 hour ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I'd be shocked if Rhaegal didn't become Jon's dragon to be honest.

1 minute ago, BrightStar Of The Day said:

I'd be shocked if Rhaegal didn't become Jon's dragon to be honest.

I honestly would be too. It seems that the show runners are going down the Jon+Dany=Lurv so naturally she will want to share her dragons with him too. The thing they both have in common is Rhaegar. With Rhaegal representing him it it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I honestly would be too. It seems that the show runners are going down the Jon+Dany=Lurv so naturally she will want to share her dragons with him too. The thing they both have in common is Rhaegar. With Rhaegal representing him it it makes sense.

That part makes me want to puke though. Not because it is incest, but because it is sooooooo forced. There's no reason for either of them to fall in love other than "omg he/she's so pretty".

3 minutes ago, BrightStar Of The Day said:

That part makes me want to puke though. Not because it is incest, but because it is sooooooo forced. There's no reason for either of them to fall in love other then "omg he/she's so pretty".

Oh to be sure! I want to rage at HBO head quarters about this crap. It's very forced. "She has a good heart" my ass. She has shown herself to be nothing more than a petulant child. "This kingdom is mine. That chair is mine. You took too many breaths give back tbe extra air it's mine...blah blah blah...bend the knee..." What is there to fall in love with? Her beauty? That's all there is. She crying about sittibg in a chair she's never seen ruling over people she's never met in a land she's never lived. Her claim is shaky at best. Last time I checked conquest of war won Robert the throne just like it did Aegon.

3 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Oh to be sure! I want to rage at HBO head quarters about this crap. It's very forced. "She has a good heart" my ass. She has shown herself to be nothing more than a petulant child. "This kingdom is mine. That chair is mine. You took too many breaths give back tbe extra air it's mine...blah blah blah...bend the knee..." What is there to fall in love with? Her beauty? That's all there is. She crying about sittibg in a chair she's never seen ruling over people she's never met in a land she's never lived. Her claim is shaky at best. Last time I checked conquest of war won Robert the throne just like it did Aegon.

Shame you can't "like" posts on this forum ^^

3 hours ago, snow is the man said:

This annoys me to no end. If she wore proper armor the arrows would not bother her. Instead she wore regular clothes

It's also weird that her skirt didn't blow around on that speed and wind. Should've worn helm at least. Her silver hair is a shooting target

16 hours ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

What is there to fall in love with? Her beauty? That's all there is.

To be fair to Jon, she is pretty much the only young woman he's met that's not 1) his dead ex-lover, 2) his nieces/sisters, 3) his best friends' girl.

Anyway, cool scenes with the dragon. They've done that part of the CGI really well. I still think it'd be even better if its rider could be bothered to dress for the occasion, but oh well. If you can bring Tyrion to a battlefield I suppose this works as well.

12 minutes ago, Anarres said:

To be fair to Jon, she is pretty much the only young woman he's met that's not 1) his dead ex-lover, 2) his nieces/sisters, 3) his best friends' girl.

Anyway, cool scenes with the dragon. They've done that part of the CGI really well. I still think it'd be even better if its rider could be bothered to dress for the occasion, but oh well. If you can bring Tyrion to a battlefield I suppose this works as well.

I didn't  think I was being unfair to The Snow Man. The Stark sisters would be his sisters/cousins. All I'm  saying is it's  unnecessary for them to even be a thing. Plus when he does hit that(and he will it's  HBO) it's  still going to be gross to me. Aunt and nephew, eww. And when he does find out who he is I  strongly believe  he will put an end to the sexual part of their relationship.  Rhaegar is his father but he is Ned Starks son. Ned wouldn't  abide by sister or aunt fucking lol.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:54 AM, The Bastard of Summer said:

Yeah they took that option away....I wonder why?:(

I was wondering about that. I'm pretty much only here during the show season or when a new book is released and could have sworn there was a like feature. 

Actually looked for it but then assumed I was just crazy. 

Archived