The Drogon appreciation thread

Gomagoti

5 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

I was wondering about that. I'm pretty much only here during the show season or when a new book is released and could have sworn there was a like feature. 

Actually looked for it but then assumed I was just crazy. 

Nope not crazy. I think people were easily butthurt over certain  posts  getting likes. It offended them when other peoples post they didnt agree with got likes.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:11 AM, Gomagoti said:

Barring an appearance from Ghost, Drogon is one impressive piece of cgi'ed dragon arse. His scenes were impressive, his swooping was impressive as was all the flaming and roaring and even the funny squeal when the ballista went through his wing. I'm rather upset he is hurt to be honest.

Yes, the effects were quite amazing, especially considering the television budget they are working with. The writing and characterization are as well, since all of these dragon & battle scenes are obviously scripted and story-boarded. Have to have some vision to put all that together.

But as for the role of the dragons themselves in the story: I want them all dead. They are horrific, fell beasts that are only barely under human control (one little girl). In the wrong hands they are instruments of terror and holocaust, with absolutely no checks & balances.

Archived