Is Sansa threatened by Ayra?

wolfsbae

59 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Your interpretation is flatly incorrect. That's like interpreting Tyrion as a pedophile because he was attracted to Sansa. You're clearly not watching the same show or the same scenes if your takeaway from that is that Sansa is either selfish or power hungry. She's neither, and to claim that that's remotely a valid interpretation is totally ludicrous.

You are right. Sansa is a selfless girl, who had been the puppet of players for far too long. And now that she spent enough time among them to learn how they work, she is finally taking control of her fate and becomes a voice of reason and a political mastermind, while she still maintains a caring and emotional side that makes her caring towards her younger siblings and a wonderful homemaker as well as. She is smart, selfless, serves the interests of her family and she even knows about insulting breastplates. Sansa is the most perfect human being on the show. Is my interpretation roundedly correct now? 

You are right. Sansa is a selfless girl, who had been the puppet of players for far too long. And now that she spent enough time among them to learn how they work, she is finally taking control of her fate and becomes a voice of reason and a political mastermind, while she still maintains a caring and emotional side that makes her caring towards her younger siblings and a wonderful homemaker as well as. She is smart, selfless, serves the interests of her family and she even knows about insulting breastplates. Sansa is the most perfect human being on the show. Is my interpretation roundedly correct now? 

Haaaaa

7 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

I think some of the confusion about Sansa is Ms. Sophie Turner own doing. She's the one telling aroung that Sansa is having her first taste of power and she doesn't let it go easily.

I think Sophie really likes to troll the fans 

I interpret Sansa's look as worry and calculation.  She has not developed a proper poker face.  She is not sure how to fit Arya into her calculations.  As others have pointed out, she has been taking Arya's fierceness and confidence lightly.  She sees in that moment that Arya was not at all joking about her list nor about the possibility of assassinating Cersei.  NOW she realizes that little sister is truly a piece in the Game of Thrones.  And not a pawn either.  Is she going to have to worry about loose-cannon Arya ruining a peace deal?  Is she going to have to try to protect her from execution someday?  She's recently been told she must hold all possibilities in her mind.  I think that was the look of someone who just had their mental deck shuffled in a major way.  A look of sick fascination, a little admiration, and a LOT of WTF am I supposed to do about this?  She probably wasn't counting on her relatives returning and becoming major items for her to worry about.  And that's why Littlefinger's advice was actually terrible, because when you think you can think of all possibilities, you're going to be blindsided by the one you couldn't conceive.  And maybe he intended it that way (or he's just that much of a megalomaniac).

As far as leaving, she's probably aware her poker face isn't that good (or maybe she saw Brienne looking at her).  She's gotta go do some thinking/recovering.

I am very much an Arya partisan but I have respect for Sansa.  I think she knows that she DID do some things that were stupid and selfish but she almost immediately got sucked into and chewed up by geopolitical infighting.  What I hope is that she can admit that to Arya and truly repair their relationship.  I hope we get to see that.  It's completely possible she's been infected by Littlefinger's megalomania. 

Also, the Starks could USE a little Cersei on their side.  They can't ALL be heros and assassins (and cloudcuckoolanders).  Actually I see Sansa as their Tyrion.  Their practical schemer.  She's not so great at it yet and she NEEDS to get Littlefinger under control (I dunno, marry him, send him off, figure out how to entice his greed...it's probably something she's working on and that scheming might be affecting her "off" reactions).

And yes, I'm unsullied with respect to whatever cast/writers have said.  I'm going based on what I remember from the show.

13 hours ago, EndOfTheRoad said:

I interpret Sansa's look as worry and calculation.  She has not developed a proper poker face.  She is not sure how to fit Arya into her calculations.  As others have pointed out, she has been taking Arya's fierceness and confidence lightly.  She sees in that moment that Arya was not at all joking about her list nor about the possibility of assassinating Cersei.  NOW she realizes that little sister is truly a piece in the Game of Thrones.  And not a pawn either.  Is she going to have to worry about loose-cannon Arya ruining a peace deal?  Is she going to have to try to protect her from execution someday?  She's recently been told she must hold all possibilities in her mind.  I think that was the look of someone who just had their mental deck shuffled in a major way.  A look of sick fascination, a little admiration, and a LOT of WTF am I supposed to do about this?  She probably wasn't counting on her relatives returning and becoming major items for her to worry about.  And that's why Littlefinger's advice was actually terrible, because when you think you can think of all possibilities, you're going to be blindsided by the one you couldn't conceive.  And maybe he intended it that way (or he's just that much of a megalomaniac).

As far as leaving, she's probably aware her poker face isn't that good (or maybe she saw Brienne looking at her).  She's gotta go do some thinking/recovering.

I am very much an Arya partisan but I have respect for Sansa.  I think she knows that she DID do some things that were stupid and selfish but she almost immediately got sucked into and chewed up by geopolitical infighting.  What I hope is that she can admit that to Arya and truly repair their relationship.  I hope we get to see that.  It's completely possible she's been infected by Littlefinger's megalomania. 

Also, the Starks could USE a little Cersei on their side.  They can't ALL be heros and assassins (and cloudcuckoolanders).  Actually I see Sansa as their Tyrion.  Their practical schemer.  She's not so great at it yet and she NEEDS to get Littlefinger under control (I dunno, marry him, send him off, figure out how to entice his greed...it's probably something she's working on and that scheming might be affecting her "off" reactions).

And yes, I'm unsullied with respect to whatever cast/writers have said.  I'm going based on what I remember from the show.

I too hope we see some more of Arya/Sansa together and they repair their relationship, but its doubtful at this stage. Showrunners are moving this thing at lightning speed to its conclusion and character development has fallen to wayside.

I took that scene as that she was shocked and curious of how Arya became a good fighter. Although, it did look like she was a bit jealous, but I think the actress just doesn't protray things well. Sansa shouldn't feel jealous though, all the Starks have their own strengths and she does too, it would be highly disappointing to see them fighting among themselves.

I think that she is in a bit.    I do believe that Sansa is happy to see her family again., being in Winterfell.  However,  I did not miss that look that she gave when Araya said, that Brienne was to take care of BOTH HER & SANSA.  I think that Sansa feels that Brienne was HER personal Bodyguard/Knight.  But now she knows that Brienne isn't hers alone.  Brienne also belongs to Araya( thought Araya doesn't need it).  Then seeing Araya & Brienne fighting.  

I think that Sansa maybe feeling a bit of self doubt.   Jon, Araya & Bran have come home truly different people.   Their changes are both Mental & Physical.  Meanwhile with all her drama & abuse that she too suffered,  she is playing a Game.  She has to have others do her bidding for her.   I think that she is feeling a bit leftout.     Littlefinger sees this also,  The look that Sansa gave once she tied( she is not beat Brienne) in battle.  She walked away( she now knows that Araya was telling the truth about killing people)  bran giving Araya that Dager did not help Sansa feel any better. 

Sansa is a bit Jelly of Araya & Bran.   But she will have her part to play

I'm sure this has been hashed, not reading the whole thread, but I don't think she feels threatened by Arya.  I think the sideways look toward LF when Arya told Brienne she's sworn to them both was because Sansa intimately understands LF and knows Arya has just handed him a wedge to use against them.  Notice that Sansa is very guarded in what she will say to LF, and vehemently encourages her siblings to be the same way.

Seems like the Starks are recreating the original Team Lannister, with Bran as a combination of the Spider and Littlefinger, just with the little birdies residing in his head and Weirnet, Sansa as a gentler Carol, Arya as a tiny Mountain, and Jon as Larry.  Sort of the moral anti-Lannisters.

Just now, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

She looked disgusted to me.  Shit had I found out my little sister was such a bad ass, I'd never let Brienne nor Arya leave my side if I was her.  She would a ninja and a tank protecting her.  

Perhaps it was some poorly scripted internal jealousy that Arya had become what she always wanted to be, while Sansa is now Lady....of this northern craphole.

53 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

She looked disgusted to me.  Shit had I found out my little sister was such a bad ass, I'd never let Brienne nor Arya leave my side if I was her.  She would a ninja and a tank protecting her.  

Right here. :)

that and the "omg, Arya. Teach me how to protect myself. I'm sick of being a victim."

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, RhaenysB said:

Actually, for the most part, yeah. Sarcasm aside, you're actually far closer to an actual correct interpretation of her character than you were before. At least this time you're about 80% correct, whereas before you were around -37% correct.

1 hour ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

So you think a bit of jealousy?  Arya's happy because she is what she always wanted to be type thing?  

A realization that everyone in her family that has survived has been actualized into someone special, while she is this political expert no one will listen to....Remember that her life's dream to begin the story was to be Lady to a great house or King.  That's why she was silling to sell out her family to hold onto the possibility that dream came true.

Now, had the show included Sansa's treason in KL (telling Cersei of Eddard Stark's plan to ship the Girls back to Winterfell) which was described in the books, THEN she would have Sound reason to worry getting a place of honour on Arya's list, once Arya got knowledge of this (through Bran). Alas - this Option no longer exists....

Either Sophie Turner is a terrible actress who can't emote properly or she's a brilliant actress who the writers have written random reactions to each and every scene. I tend to go more towards the latter. D&D probably noticed how big of a topic Sansa is on social media and are trying to cash in on it. That's all I could see this season.

2 minutes ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Now, had the show included Sansa's treason in KL (telling Cersei of Eddard Stark's plan to ship the Girls back to Winterfell) which was described in the books, THEN she would have Sound reason to worry getting a place of honour on Arya's list, once Arya got knowledge of this (through Bran). Alas - this Option no longer exists....

Remember there was a letter Sansa was forced to write.....This is a show artifact LF could use to try to turn Arya against her.

1 minute ago, Illiterati said:

Remember there was a letter Sansa was forced to write.....This is a show artifact LF could use to try to turn Arya against her.

But the Content of that letter would not be enough for Arya to put Sansa on her list. Sansa would be able to explain she had to write that letter to try and save Ned Stark's life.

2 minutes ago, Greywater-Watch said:

But the Content of that letter would not be enough for Arya to put Sansa on her list. Sansa would be able to explain she had to write that letter to try and save Ned Stark's life.

Of course it wouldn't be enough.  But the Mockingbird thrived in a world where kin and allies needed only a minor spark to blow them apart.  This environment and the cohesiveness of the Starks even through their differences is an alien world to Littlefinger.  He would be making a miscalculation that could cost him his life.

I hope they show Littlefinger get executed.  I hope they put it in slow motion and Arya slits his throat really slow, much slower than Walder Frey.  Just think, if Arya gets Baelish she will have killed both people responsible for her parents deaths.  While Joffrey gave the command, LF betrayed Ned.  

That being said, the Stark children in the show are responsible for the eradication of House Frey and House Bolton. Well done.  

Archived