Littlefinger

On 8/7/2017 at 8:24 AM, daemonTheBlack said:

So it seems our favorite Lord Protector of the Vale is overawed by the talents of the three Starks, and is no longer sure which wolf he must suck up to.

What do you guys think his next move(s) will be?

He has approached Bran, and knows he can not manipulate him. I think what Bran said to him terrified littlefinger.  I think he will approach Arya next. I say it will not go well for him. But he will fill her head with "you are the best warrior in westros to take on Brienne and hold her ground to her, with great success. I would say Arya strings him along and play with his head some how. She will trap him in a corner per say, giving a reason to kill him and still his face to keep the Vale fighting for the Starks.  And Arya then travels off to kill Cersei.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:24 AM, daemonTheBlack said:

So it seems our favorite Lord Protector of the Vale is overawed by the talents of the three Starks, and is no longer sure which wolf he must suck up to.

Sulk around Sansa some more, Try to get his toe in between Sansa and Arya, create chaos, lurk around Sansa, be a pedophile, try to tear up Team Stark, die.

Go find Lysa body in the realise that she is the only person who will ever want him, then proceed to make love to her dead lifeless body in the hope the Lord of Light will give his penis the power to revive her. 

Spoiler

also in the hope she will shut Robyn up saying bitty by being able to feed him again

4 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Go find Lysa body in the realise that she is the only person who will ever want him, then proceed to make love to her dead lifeless body in the hope the Lord of Light will give his penis the power to revive her. 

Reveal hidden contents

also in the hope she will shut Robyn up saying bitty by being able to feed him again

I died.

1 hour ago, Ser Reptitious said:

Littlefinger seems to be as out of place in the North as the Starks are in the South. A viper surrounded by a pack of wolves, rather than a wolf killed by a bunch of vipers. There is something poetic about this!

Yeah it seems to me too that LF its out of his league on WF, he prefers his enemies predictables, and the Stark kids are anything but that, at least to him, Bran is the 3ER, he knows enough to now trust LF and this is whitout having full control over his powers, Arya was trained as an assassin by the most (in)famous organization on that business branch, and as well as Bran can use her abilities to remain one step ahead of him, but the more dangerous of all even its Sansa, who he trained and shaped, she clearly know how his mind works, and she has learned quite a lot, but more importantly, LF has a huge blindspot when it comes to her, and im sure that if Sansa plays her cards right, and is backed by her brother and sister, she can take down LF.

many argue that this wouldnt be a right plan since LF is the one who got the vale's support, forgetting of course that Bronze Jon hates LF and would be more than happy to see him go, and that Sansa could take LF place as Robin's puppetmaster..  hell they could kill LF and tell Robin that he died heroically at battle and he would eat that shit

This question came to me too...what was he thinking? Obviously he's wondering how he can use her, but how? All the Starks are pretty smart and battle hardened so I can't say where this is going but it makes sense he's thinking how Arya can best be used in the battles ahead.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:24 AM, daemonTheBlack said:

He has to kill Bran, immediately. If Bran's visions are powerful enough for him to know about the chaos ladder speech, then he will soon know everything else about Littlefinger and the fact that virtually all the woe that befell House Stark and the realm in general was his doing.

The question is, will he be able to kill Bran without Bran seeing it in a vision first? Probably not. It seems to me that if Jojen was powerful enough to see his own death, then Bran is as well. And it looks like Bran is planning to do battle with the NK before he dies.

So if I was a betting man, I would say LF makes another attempt on Bran, fails, and is killed by Arya -- probably by the end of this season.

And I'm not sure if it will matter, but LF has another problem at Winterfell. Did you see the look he gave the master in E3 upon hearing that Maester Lewin kept copies of every message sent to Winterfell? Mayhaps there is a certain message that Lady Lysa sent to Catelyn informing her that the Lannisters killed Jon A, which just might jog Sansa's memory about what was said at the Moon Door?

3 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

...the only thing that may have Sansa looking sideways at LF is when he pushes Lysa out of the moon door.   

Which is still a pretty substantial reason for her to be suspicious of him.  

Im still annoyed they did that to Sansa. Completely pointless and was only done for the shock value.  

Sansa, Bran, Arya and Littlefinger standing in the courtyard.

LF's skeezy, lying, forked tongue flapping in the breeze. 

Sansa looks at Arya and rolls her eyes. Arya whips out Valyrian sword and slits LF's throat. 

Arya pulls out little black book out of back pocket, scans list. Realizes LF isn't on it. Pulls out quill. Adds LF's name. 

Crosses LF off list. 

Bran's eyes go white. Tells Sansa and Arya that cookies just came out of the oven in the great hall. 

Three head into the great hall for cookies and Dornish wine while LF bleeds out in the snow. 

I really don't like how they made LF such a clown now. But, I did enjoy seeing LF shat his pants with Bran. He really doesn't have anywhere to go. Cersei will not welcome him nor will Varys with Dany. Only things he can do is cut his losses and go to Essos or go to the Vale or Riverlands. 

I just see him either trying to kill Bran and predictably failing and dying by Arya or Brienne.

5 hours ago, Ser Reptitious said:

Littlefinger seems to be as out of place in the North as the Starks are in the South. A viper surrounded by a pack of wolves, rather than a wolf killed by a bunch of vipers. There is something poetic about this!

Totally. He reminds me of Ned in King's Landing being out of his league with the politics and the backstabbing. That's Littlefinger's bread and butter, but now he's facing weird psychic kids, shape-shifting assassins and ice zombies, and he doesn't have a clue of how to play this new game. 

A question:

So Littlefinger is obviously trying to do his chaos bit with Arya and Bran but I just thought...what of Littlefinger's advice to Sansa? Is he giving her true advice or is he trying to steer her down a bad road?

39 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Totally. He reminds me of Ned in King's Landing being out of his league with the politics and the backstabbing. That's Littlefinger's bread and butter, but now he's facing weird psychic kids, shape-shifting assassins and ice zombies, and he doesn't have a clue of how to play this new game. 

I figure some version of this reversal of fortune was always meant to happen but we're just missing out on it because the books aren't finished.

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.  Ned's way/The Stark way doesn't work down south and not during summer.  But Littlefinger's scheming is equally ill-adapted to Winter, and the new world where magic has made a comeback and human society needs to unite or die.  The Stark way of doing business is the way to survive this situation, because that's what it was adapted to all along.

Similarly, his demise will be realizing too late that His Thing Doesn't Work Here and, like Ned, missing his cue to GTFO and back to his element.

2 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Which is still a pretty substantial reason for her to be suspicious of him.  

Im still annoyed they did that to Sansa. Completely pointless and was only done for the shock value.  

Wasn't Lysa basiclly attacking Sansa though in the books?  A young girl may see him as a savior.  I mean think about it, he also saved her from the Lannisters.  He is nothing but a dude who keeps rescuing her in the books.  

8 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Wasn't Lysa basiclly attacking Sansa though in the books?  A young girl may see him as a savior.  I mean think about it, he also saved her from the Lannisters.  He is nothing but a dude who keeps rescuing her in the books.  

True, but didn't she also just tell Sansa about killing Jon Arryn?

I really need to go back and rewatch that episode. 

14 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

He has to kill Bran, immediately. If Bran's visions are powerful enough for him to know about the chaos ladder speech, then he will soon know everything else about Littlefinger and the fact that virtually all the woe that befell House Stark and the realm in general was his doing.

Killing Bran is not an option, how would that serve to do him any good at all? 

The question is, will he be able to kill Bran without Bran seeing it in a vision first? Probably not. It seems to me that if Jojen was powerful enough to see his own death, then Bran is as well. And it looks like Bran is planning to do battle with the NK before he dies.

So if I was a betting man, I would say LF makes another attempt on Bran, fails, and is killed by Arya -- probably by the end of this season.

I would imagine LF is not that stupid to try kill Bran. 

And I'm not sure if it will matter, but LF has another problem at Winterfell. Did you see the look he gave the master in E3 upon hearing that Maester Lewin kept copies of every message sent to Winterfell? Mayhaps there is a certain message that Lady Lysa sent to Catelyn informing her that the Lannisters killed Jon A, which just might jog Sansa's memory about what was said at the Moon Door?

Lysa never directly says she killed Jon Arryn, she only says that she killed and lied for LF. Even if she put two and two together somehow and figured it out, what is she meant to say. ''O by the way before LF pushed Lysa Arryn through the moon door, she said Petyr persuaded her to kill Jon Arryn''. When questioned by Lord Royce about Lysa death,  I lied to save LF for no reason really. 

Archived