High Garden's Army & What Happened to the Gold Now?

Iron Mother

High Garden is possibly (was) the most renown military force in Westeros.  There are too many references to name that allude to how formidable they were.  No battle was shown but Lannister army is shown departing with a huge mass of their own forces intact. 

So was the gold lost/burned/taken?  What does this mean for the Iron Bank and Cersei???

There's no seige equipment shown as well. It's like a massive flood has rain upon Highgarden (which is pretty a disappointing sight since I thought Highgarden was supposed to be one of the most beautiful castles in westeros). I'm just going to assume that the castle falls due to trickery or internal dissent in their ranks because of the leadership vacuum.  

23 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

High Garden is possibly (was) the most renown military force in Westeros.  There are too many references to name that allude to how formidable they were.  No battle was shown but Lannister army is shown departing with a huge mass of their own forces intact. 

So was the gold lost/burned/taken?  What does this mean for the Iron Bank and Cersei???

Do you close your eyes and turn off your hearing once the episode starts?? 

3 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Do you close your eyes and turn off your hearing once the episode starts?? 

aherm.

Someone told me later and I re-watched that Tarley said "the gold made it to the city".  That was rather convenient.  I also got out my GOT map and figured out where the forces were who got attacked, and it seemed rather odd for a company of soldiers to be THAT far apart.  But stranger things are happening in this show now, so, w/e.

And thanks so much for taking a moment to help me with my question instead of totally hitting reply with guttersnipe.

5 hours ago, ninewinter said:

There's no seige equipment shown as well. It's like a massive flood has rain upon Highgarden (which is pretty a disappointing sight since I thought Highgarden was supposed to be one of the most beautiful castles in westeros). I'm just going to assume that the castle falls due to trickery or internal dissent in their ranks because of the leadership vacuum.  

Yes.... I do not like this aspect of the show now where 3 kingdoms vanish in half an episode.   I mean, it doesn't matter to long-time fans who are together with everyone else "wrapping everything up", but new viewers would scorn this, I would think.

Am I correct tho, that High Garden was known for 1) granaries 2) military strength? 

Then I consider (this was unclear) the Lannister forces were there (from Casterly Rock) combined with the forces of the Crown (was that ever made clear how large the King's Landing forces actually are?).

Maybe the siege weapons were with the gold that mysteriously made it back way sooner than everyone else.

Look on a map, those "stragglers" were straggling pretty hard.  And why would someone like Jaime be so far back with them?

Archived