Mad Queen Starting? Daenerys Threatening The North in the Preview

Iron Mother

4 hours ago, Styl7 said:

When the Turkish invaded my country Cyprus, I don't think the people had a choice...Neither the Greek-Cypriots nor the Turkish-Cypriots had a choice at all.. And that was only 43 years ago...

5 hours ago, Dany's Golden Fleece said:

Its pretty much how a feudal system works. Game of Thrones is based on the medieval world, a world of blood rights and violence.

Do you think the Starks became Kings of the North by giving people a choice? Might is right.

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Everybody has a choice. And I feel no sympathy for the Tarly's who made a choice to betray House Tyrell and thus betray House Targaryen. they should be happy that Dany is given them a choice at all rather than just roasting their ass right away.

I get that it's how a feudal system works and all and the like; like you all are right. That is how things work out in history.

I was moreso just saying from a completely literal position, it's not much of a choice considering the options. Most people have a sense of self preservation. Most of the time when a conquering force presents that 'choice' it has little to do with actual choosing and a lot to do with survival and coercion. Sorry. I'm a very literal/dumb person. Sometimes I just shouldn't say things...

12 hours ago, El Guapo said:

She is not threatening the North. She is asking those traitors who she just beat in battle to bend the knee and live or refuse  and be executed for the traitors that they are.

how are they traitors? she is not on the throne!

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Oh I think that so far cersei is truly the mad queen. Dany using her dragons against an enemy army is smart not stupid or evil.

i dont think shes stupid or evil. i think shes out for revenge on everyone that i thinks did her family wrong. 

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The Tarlys betrayed House Tyrell and since House Tyrell was pledged to Dany the Tarly's betrayed Dany..

I mean you could technically argue that the Tyrells had a longstanding pledge to the Iron Throne and thus betrayed them when turning to Dany....also, House Tyrell consisted solely of Olenna at that point and Olenna seemed to be in it solely for the revenge.

10 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

i dont think shes stupid or evil. i think shes out for revenge on everyone that i thinks did her family wrong. 

Which could lead to her doing stupid/evil things if she's not careful.

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

I mean you could technically argue that the Tyrells had a longstanding pledge to the Iron Throne and thus betrayed them when turning to Dany....also, House Tyrell consisted solely of Olenna at that point and Olenna seemed to be in it solely for the revenge.

Which could lead to her doing stupid/evil things if she's not careful.

It doesn't matter why Olenna pledged her House to Dany the fact is she did and the Tarly's betrayed her and Dany. They deserve a traitors death

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

It doesn't matter why Olenna pledged her House to Dany the fact is she did and the Tarly's betrayed her and Dany. They deserve a traitors death

But then there comes the question:

Every house is in the end pledged to the Iron Throne...so do the Tarlys' follow that pledge or Olenna's change of heart? Either way they're traitors somehow.

Vow-wise, Olenna is a traitor because she went to Dany. Vow-wise, the entire North are considered traitors, etc.

Traitor is kind of a meaningless word when it comes to such a large fealty system like in Westeros all fighting one another.

6 minutes ago, Pandean said:

But then there comes the question:

Every house is in the end pledged to the Iron Throne...so do the Tarlys' follow that pledge or Olenna's change of heart? Either way they're traitors somehow.

Vow-wise, Olenna is a traitor because she went to Dany. Vow-wise, the entire North are considered traitors, etc.

Traitor is kind of a meaningless word when it comes to such a large fealty system like in Westeros all fighting one another.

Oh I agree it is a messed up system and Randyll Tarly chose the wrong side whereas Walder Frey and Roose Bolton when faced with the same dillemma picked the right side.  Atleast for a while anyway before they met their end.

On 8/7/2017 at 6:43 AM, Iron Mother said:

Is this now beginning to show her turning "mad"?  She was getting along with Jon and seemed to be in alliance mode and trusting Jon to convince the North to follow him into a union with her.  Is she freaking out because they harmed Drogon?

I think it's a constant risk with her. Her father didn't go mad right away either. All the Targs except Ragar seem to keep their emotions close to boiling at all times and easily go over.

2 minutes ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I think it's a constant risk with her. Her father didn't go mad right away either. All the Targs except Ragar seem to keep their emotions close to boiling at all times and easily go over.

It's one of the things that makes any idea of Dany surviving and ruling just so unsatisfying for me. Dany has shown some hints of madness already, at a much younger age than some of the other Targaryens. How are we supposed to assume that her reign will be any better off than any of the other mad kings? If we are left with an ambiguous ending about if anything is really any better off at the end of the series than at the beginning it would be very disappointing. While I know the ending will be bittersweet there has to be some sort of payout from this whole journey. 

14 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Oh I agree it is a messed up system and Randyll Tarly chose the wrong side whereas Walder Frey and Roose Bolton when faced with the same dillemma picked the right side.  Atleast for a while anyway before they met their end.

Wrong and right are pretty meaningless words when it comes to war, IMO.

We root for the Starks, etc. so to us they're the 'right' side. But just like people thought the Axis was the 'right' side in WWII, so does it go on in war.

Sorry, I'm getting theoretical. O.o

2 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

This thread is wrong, I said she was threatening the North but now I know she was talking to the Lannister forces.  So, it makes sense now.

You're good! We're still having a wonderful discussion!

1 minute ago, Iron Mother said:

This thread is wrong, I said she was threatening the North but now I know she was talking to the Lannister forces.  So, it makes sense now.

Who she is threatening is wrong, the idea of her going mad isn't. Like I've said previously it's either bad characterization or they're setting us up to question if Dany is truly fit to rule. 

14 hours ago, Quoth said:

Are we sure it's Northmen she was addressing? Perhaps it's a collection of stragglers and survivors from the battle? Or somehow she transported to, the now in chaos, Dorne?

DORNE....... how I wish they weren't erasing whole kingdoms in single episodes. 

I keep saying it but we can only assume Dorne is down there weeping over the Red Viper and we will never hear from them again.

The most fierce kingdom...... with other powerful houses..... but Ellaria was the end.  And her (not) daughter Tyene as a tool plot arc for Cersei's rage.  I keep trying but they won't allow my  post to make a DORNE APPRECIATION thread to go in there and bitch about the treatment of Dorne in the show because it was awful, bitter and completely disrespectful to the kingdom and characters from there.

57 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

You sound like a well-adjusted individual. 

I'll ask you again: is Melisandre a heroine too?

Just now, El Guapo said:

Why are you comparing Mel and Dany when they are nothing alike?

Because they both have done terrible things that in their warped minds are the morally acceptable thing to do. Mel thinks she's helping the world. In her mind she is a heroine. She is not malicious and does not enjoy causing suffering like Cersei does. Dany is somewhat similar in that she has a very draconian view of justice and seems to believe anyone opposing her claim to the crown is her enemy and should be attacked. Granted, Dany isn't as insane as Mel.......yet. 

Archived