Mad Queen Starting? Daenerys Threatening The North in the Preview

Iron Mother

Is this now beginning to show her turning "mad"?  She was getting along with Jon and seemed to be in alliance mode and trusting Jon to convince the North to follow him into a union with her.  Is she freaking out because they harmed Drogon?

Are we sure it's Northmen she was addressing? Perhaps it's a collection of stragglers and survivors from the battle? Or somehow she transported to, the now in chaos, Dorne?

I think that was the Lannister army but I do agree she is becoming a bit Mad Queen-ish. That soundbyte about needing to stop her before she did something kind made me feel like it at least.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

She is not threatening the North. She is asking those traitors who she just beat in battle to bend the knee and live or refuse  and be executed for the traitors that they are.

Considering how most of the Lannister army is conscripts and the like, and they've honestly committed no treachery unless serving their liege lord and (what can be seen as) their rightful Queen/etc. I wouldn't think they could be considered traitors.

The show hasn't started this.  She burned that noble alive back in season 5 after Barristan's death.  She crucified 163 slave owners as well. She has made threats of burning people alive before. The show has definitely dropped hints of Dany being touched by madness more than a few times before.

3 minutes ago, Nic. said:

The show hasn't started this.  She burned that noble alive back in season 5 after Barristan's death.  She crucified 163 slave owners as well. She has made threats of burning people alive before. The show has definitely dropped hints of Dany being touched by madness more than a few times before.

If not for Tyrion she would've already torched a city or two. She's definitely on her way to becoming the Mad Queen.

1 minute ago, Nic. said:

The show hasn't started this.  She burned that noble alive back in season 5 after Barristan's death.  She crucified 163 slave owners as well.  The show has definitely dropped hints of Dany being touched by madness more than a few times before.

Dany also burned Mirri Maz Duur alive for her role in Drogo/Rhaego's demises.  this "touch of madness" was actually the blood sacrifice that allowed her to wake dragons from stone.  

it's funny that some show watchers seem to think that there would be a peaceful way for Dany to conquer the Seven Kingdoms and sit the Iron Throne.  without fail, she would either kill or order the killing of thousands of people to ever hope to sit the Iron Throne.  this is medieval warfare.  a lot of people are going to suffer.  a lot of people are going to die.  whether it be poison, exposure, starvation, dragon fire or a case of sword-in-bowels, people are going to die when High Lords and Ladies attempt to wrestle control from one another.  Often times, it would be the poorest and weakest that would suffer the greatest losses.  that was kind of the whole point of the books.

After Cersei did what aerys only threatened to do and blew up a chunk of KL with wild fire, then proceeded to chain parent and child just out of each other's reach while one watches the other die, we are STILL talking about how Daenerys is the mad queen? 

There is only one Mad Queen in this story and her name is Cersei. For chrissakes they even had her getting aroused at the torture of Ellaria so much so that she ahd to have sex with Jamie.  There was another monarch who did that his name was Aerys.  She also poisoned a young woman to die in front of her mother and chaining her up so that the mother couldn't touch her to try and save her.  I seem to recall another monarch doing something similar to a father and son.

I really hope the show is intentionally setting Dany up to be mad and hasn't just nerfed her character. She used to talk of breaking the wheel, of freeing Westeros from the fighting of the kings and lords. Now she wants to go in and just raze King's Landing to the ground and needs to be told over and over again why that isn't okay. 

She's suddenly questioning the loyalty of people like Varys and Tyrion who have been with her for a while and seemingly won over her trust months ago. But she accuses Tyrion of not really wanting his family to lose and Varys of being about to betray her. 

If these aren't the signs of madness, it's bad writing. 

9 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

After Cersei did what aerys only threatened to do and blew up a chunk of KL with wild fire, then proceeded to chain parent and child just out of each other's reach while one watches the other die, we are STILL talking about how Daenerys is the mad queen? 

Technically Cersei blowing the sept of baelor is a lot worse than her getting poetic justice for the murder of her own daughter. And yes, crucifying 163 slave owners whose guilt she knows little of when it comes to the crucified children or  the burning of a man alive who could of very well have have been innocent is pretty ****** up. She may not be as mad as Cersei is currently or as Mad as her father was before he died but she is well on her way there.  Her father was definitely far more sane than her at the same age. Also let's not ignore the fact that if it wasn't for Jon's advice, KL would be a funeral pyre by now. 

13 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

There is only one Mad Queen in this story and her name is Cersei. For chrissakes they even had her getting aroused at the torture of Ellaria so much so that she ahd to have sex with Jamie.  There was another monarch who did that his name was Aerys.  She also poisoned a young woman to die in front of her mother and chaining her up so that the mother couldn't touch her to try and save her.  I seem to recall another monarch doing something similar to a father and son.

I had not thought of the parallel with the elder Starks and Aerys.  Good stuff!

5 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

I really hope the show is intentionally setting Dany up to be mad and hasn't just nerfed her character. She used to talk of breaking the wheel, of freeing Westeros from the fighting of the kings and lords. Now she wants to go in and just raze King's Landing to the ground and needs to be told over and over again why that isn't okay. 

She's suddenly questioning the loyalty of people like Varys and Tyrion who have been with her for a while and seemingly won over her trust months ago. But she accuses Tyrion of not really wanting his family to lose and Varys of being about to betray her. 

If these aren't the signs of madness, it's bad writing. 

Technically the breaking of the wheel speech can easily be interpreted as her wanting to burn the current system of lords to ashes or her being touched by madness. 

Just now, Styl7 said:

Of what I seen in the trailer Daenerys gave them a choice. Join me or die. Those who say it's not a choice at all, they are wrong... It's war..

Join or die isn't much of a choice....

Archived