PREDICTIONS

Iron Mother

55 minutes ago, Krishtotter said:

Really? That is massively disappointing if true. The season had a rather lacklustre start for me prior to episodes 3-4, with too much expositionary dialogue and logistical issues. I was very impressed with how much things picked up speed in episode 4 and took it as a good omen.

I have been consciously avoiding leaks, so I'll judge the thing when I see it but I did hear from someone who had read purported leaks that he thought episode 6 would be the best of the season and a few others agreed. I took this as hopeful but I'm much less sure now after reading your post.

I wonder if he read the same spoilers as you or from a different source. There are apparently a number by different people floating about on places like the freefolk subreddit, not that I've been compelled to take a peak.

The interesting thing about this saga is that everyone is expecting it to lead somewhere different and some fans good would be another fans bad.

Without spoiling any thing, the spoliers I read (which may not be the same as the others you heard about) just seemed very predictable and fan servicey.

16 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

lol you just spoiled R+L..... what if people don't even understand that yet?  I remember when that equation was first happening in here and other places, but then when Bran's vision happened (which revealed almost nothing specific except to us meganerds) and then everyone began saying it openly.  I have a friend who was spoiled by it and was pissed off.  she did not know what the letters represented but when people wrote it openly, she was angry to have been spoiled.

If people don't understand R+L, perhaps they would be better off watching Ballers.

1. Dany fought the lannisters and scored her first victory

2. The only thing she wants now is the throne.

Logically, she should be planning on her next attack to move closer to her goal...

Am I right?

But fuck no.. they show Jon explaining his white walker status in her small council..

WTF?

Why would she care until she has the throne?

Would you easily give up on your goals you worked so hard on to reach this far and just walk away???

Im hearing so many "confirmed" predictions (pfft. Ya right)! of what happens in the upcoming episodes. I hope the show proves them wrong and has some standard.

13 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

1. Dany fought the lannisters and scored her first victory

2. The only thing she wants now is the throne.

Logically, she should be planning on her next attack to move closer to her goal...

Am I right?

But fuck no.. they show Jon explaining his white walker status in her small council..

WTF?

Why would she care until she has the throne?

Would you easily give up on your goals you worked so hard on to reach this far and just walk away???

Im hearing so many "confirmed" predictions (pfft. Ya right)! of what happens in the upcoming episodes. I hope the show proves them wrong and has some standard.

Because Dany is above all a "rescuer" as Tyrion put in the books or the way he put in the show "she protects people from monsters". If Dany is convinced that the threat up North is real she will go fight that first.  This actually fits with HOTU vision in season two we she was reaching out to touch the throne but stops when she hears screams coming and goes to them emerging north of the wall.

I'm assuming this episode is the S7 equivalent to Hardhome. Wild prediction: Dany and Jon fly together to Eastwatch and join the brotherhood without banners and the Wildlings to meet the army of the dead in what will essentially be a pointless encounter, other than Dany realising she's been fighting the wrong battle. That probably sounds ridiculous, but then it seems like everything is being rammed into this season.

I believe that Dany will want to be shown the army of the dead, which is why she'll suggest they take a ride...

50 minutes ago, Fiery Heart said:

I'm assuming this episode is the S7 equivalent to Hardhome. Wild prediction: Dany and Jon fly together to Eastwatch and join the brotherhood without banners and the Wildlings to meet the army of the dead in what will essentially be a pointless encounter, other than Dany realising she's been fighting the wrong battle. That probably sounds ridiculous, but then it seems like everything is being rammed into this season.

I believe that Dany will want to be shown the army of the dead, which is why she'll suggest they take a ride...

I don't think they'll get to Eastwatch in this episode.  I think Jon gets the Raven, and then sets a plan in motion that lands them in Eastwatch in e6.

5 hours ago, ummester said:

The interesting thing about this saga is that everyone is expecting it to lead somewhere different and some fans good would be another fans bad.

Without spoiling any thing, the spoliers I read (which may not be the same as the others you heard about) just seemed very predictable and fan servicey.

Yes that's a perfectly good point, fans having differing expectations of what should ideally happen.

I suppose this was always going to be the difficult part - I mean GRR Martin has struggled for years to reach a satisfactory conclusion and now the showrunners have to get there first based upon his broad outline but by means of their own material (largely).

Tying up all of the loose ends in a certain direction now that we're approaching the end isn't going to please everyone. Everything's beginning to converge, so the story is changing in its nature and it probably won't be to everyone's liking.

Not  a prediction, but want to get people's thoughts.... I really don't see Dany as a villain. I'm a big fan of hers but wonder why people see her this way? Personally, Jon is too good. Don't get me wrong, he's brave, honourable etc. But his flaws aren't apparent or apparent enough... he seems too obvious and too good to be the "prince who was promised". Dany on the other hand has her flaws and I suppose "mad" moments but it makes her more believable to me. 

9 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Because Dany is above all a "rescuer" as Tyrion put in the books or the way he put in the show "she protects people from monsters". If Dany is convinced that the threat up North is real she will go fight that first.  This actually fits with HOTU vision in season two we she was reaching out to touch the throne but stops when she hears screams coming and goes to them emerging north of the wall.

To be fair leaving an enemy behind her would not be a good idea and likely bite her in the ass.

4 hours ago, Michael Hollis said:

* The White Walkers will find a way through the wall by episode 7.

re this, I had a thought today. What if the Nights King doesn't go past the wall, what if he gets to it, sends all the wights south and makes the wall bigger?

We have already seen him throw a bunch of wights off a cliff and watch them trundle forward on the other side. We have seen him look at Jon and stand all the dead up. Perhaps he is simply indicating the human dead are the South's rubbish, not his? perhaps he is indicating that north of the Wall, where most of the wierewoods are, is meant to be a human free zone.

Everyone expects the wall to come down - but what if it is meant to grow? What if the Nights Watch have forgotten their purpose, which is to serve the Night King, and stop all humans going north, other than the occasional male baby to keep the Walkers around and protect the trees.

9 hours ago, Ben Chambers said:

Not  a prediction, but want to get people's thoughts.... I really don't see Dany as a villain. I'm a big fan of hers but wonder why people see her this way? Personally, Jon is too good. Don't get me wrong, he's brave, honourable etc. But his flaws aren't apparent or apparent enough... he seems too obvious and too good to be the "prince who was promised". Dany on the other hand has her flaws and I suppose "mad" moments but it makes her more believable to me. 

Peoples dislike of Daenerys mostly stems from the fact that she's clearly the character we're supposed to root for, and when she does something wrong in the story nobody ever calls her out on it. It makes her appear very flat, boring and annoying 'overpowered' in a series of books where everyone elses victories and defeats are counted in equal measure.

I'd hesitate to use the term Mary Sue in such a well written series of books, but I find it a label hard to argue against when one starts to list out the things she has done with no real education and just magical prophecy shite as reasoning for it succeeding.

That said... for the next episode I predict Jon finding out his name is a lot longer and ends with 'ryen'.

13 hours ago, Illiterati said:

I don't think they'll get to Eastwatch in this episode.  I think Jon gets the Raven, and then sets a plan in motion that lands them in Eastwatch in e6.

I hope so, as I'd like the story to not be so rushed... However, why then is this episode titled Eastwatch and not ep. 6?

I've liked Daenerys since the beginning, but till the Red Wedding I rooted for Robb. After that always on Dany's side and yes, she's probably the more obvious to be supported, but this is absolutely not easy: no matter what she does, she's always criticized. I didn't like some of her actions during the books, but I understood her; maybe some things are more easily understanding for the readers, however I don't think she's flat. All the things she's been through, the choices she's faced (right and wrong) made her to evolve. She's more selfconfident now and she has to be or she cannot become Queen. I'm not saying she's perfect now, she's still fighting within herself, but putting herself in discussion should be the point, even if in front of the others, of the people and the Lords she wants to rule on, she has to appear strong and selfconfident.

I hope we'll see The Hound in this episode and maybe the return of Gendry. Probably Jon will leave for the North and Dany will ponder on helping with the White Walkers. Don't understand Tyrion's doubts (if they're referring to Dany): the Lannisters are Dany's main enemies at the moment, she cannot just say "be with me or go your own way", it's not like with the dothraki and the slaves. When Robb won the battle in the Whispering Woods, the northern Lords wanted to execute Jaime, he kept him alive cause he wanted a leverage against the Lannisters for his sisters; it's war, ok being merciful, but you cannot always use the carrot. Tyrion should know that: last year he resorted to diplomatic strategy against the slaveries and what did he get? They attacked him, just Dany saved the day! And she did that balancing her fire&blood with Tyrion's advice.

On 8/8/2017 at 7:23 PM, Iron Mother said:

enough with the equations.  i love math and everything, but i'm trying to read what you are saying.  that's like posting here in Sanskrit.  Do you want to communicate or are you just trying to be the Secret Order of the Green Hand?

As an aside (and not directly toward user "King Louis II) too many people have made a religion of A Song of Ice and Fire (otherwise known as ASOIAF).  Properly writing etiquette identifies the acronym once at the beginning of the piece, and then the acronym is used throughout.  That way, no one is confused. 

The religious nature of ASOIAF has become vexing.  Wild theories created based on secretive one sentence lines from the books, huge events/mysteries "solved" by making connections based on things are simple as hair color, and (most annoying) using World of Ice and Fire (WOIAF) reaching back centuries to draw conclusions into the present hinging on very shaky and often hilarious ideas.  Also, people/things that existed or may have existed at the dawn of the world are said to have maybe done or said something which means........ the Red Keep was built with bricks of magic.  And if a dragon tries to burn it, the bricks resist fire.  And they have proof because GRR Martin wrote it.

It is like those people who use the bible to predict the end of the world or the rapture or return of christ with some chalkboard scribble from TV show Lost - when she was calculating how to find The Island to send the travelers back there.  That is really what Game of Thrones/ASOIAF is becoming.  It's not even sometimes a fun conversation anymore, it's about "No!  You are WRONG!  X did Y in Z book and said A to B in C book, therefore what you said cannot be true!"

Which, the above, is exactly how people stand on street corners screaming at each other about abortion/gays/race with their bible as "evidence" they are correct.  I loathe that outcome for ASOIAF.  So unfortunate.

Smiles. I like  you.

- We will see signs of famine as Westeros has been at war losing much harvest and a influx of essosi colonists putting more strain on the food supply

- Jaime, Bronn, Randyll, Dickon will be captured/killed (I hope dickon is okay)

- Samwell and Jon will meet and lose their friendship (due to jon and daenerys relationship and daenerys actions toward the tarly family)

- Cersei will sent back Tycho Nestoris without payment

- Jon will talk to Daenreys about the Stark family

- Theon will begin ponder on the rescue of Yara

- Reintroduction of Gendry

Archived