Was the gold still in the caravan when Dany attacked?

RobertF

I thought Jamie & company were still miles from King's Landing - it's a little unclear, I'll have to rewatch the episode.

In the scene prior to Dany's attack, we see Jamie paying off Bronn with gold from one of the wagons in the caravan. Plus I don't recall the terrain around King's Landing being quite so mountainous.

Ah, this this site claims the gold was safely in King's Landing by the time Dany attacked. 

Randyll Tarly announces the last wagon of gold has safely gotten through the gates of King's Landing, then suggests to Jaime they should flog the stragglers that are slowing the grain wagons down right before they hear the Dothraki in the distance.

I was sure that Randall Tarly said that the gold was all safely inside the gates of King's Landing.  The wagons contained all the food from the Reach, leaving nothing for the south to get through the winter.

5 minutes ago, jezzie_bell said:

I was sure that Randall Tarly said that the gold was all safely inside the gates of King's Landing.  The wagons contained all the food from the Reach, leaving nothing for the south to get through the winter.

Nope definitely never said that, he was referring to the gold of the Lannister army, 

Gold is reference to the Lannister soldiers.

6 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Nope definitely never said that, he was referring to the gold of the Lannister army, 

Gold is reference to the Lannister soldiers.

Randall Tarly definitely said, "The gold is safely within the gates of Kings Landing" to Jamie. He than said about the Lannister troops to Jamie something about "flogging the stargglers". He was clearly not referencing the Lannister army when referencing the "gold". 

1 minute ago, TheMachine said:

Randall Tarly definitely said, "The gold is safely within the gates of Kings Landing" to Jamie. He than said about the Lannister troops to Jamie something about "flogging the stargglers". He was clearly not referencing the Lannister army when referencing the "gold". 

I think you've massively understood, I think you need to re watch.

He definitely refers to the Lannisters soldiers as 'gold', The gold was definitely in the wagons that Daenerys burnt with Drogon. Did you see the gold melting from the carriages???

5 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

He definitely refers to the Lannisters soldiers as 'gold', The gold was definitely in the wagons that Daenerys burnt with Drogon. Did you see the gold melting from the carriages???

In this thread

You were saying over and over that the Gold arrived at KL. Now you are saying the opposite. Why did you change your mind?  (I am not criticizing you just want to understand what make you change your mind).

4 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

In this thread

You were saying over and over that the Gold arrived at KL. Now you are saying the opposite. Why did you change your mind?  (I am not criticizing you just want to understand what make you change your mind).

.......penny hasnt dropped

Im fucking with you.......

people just post the same topics worded in a different way over and over again. Then people just say the same thing over and over again. Bring something new to the conversation/arguement.

(not aimed at you by the way, just in general in here) 

10 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

people just post the same topics worded in a different way over and over again. Then people just say the same thing over and over again. Bring something new to the conversation/arguement.

but you said before that the Gold (the real one) arrived  at the gates... and now you are saying that the gold is not the gold  it is the lannister army... I am confused.....

14 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I appreciate your sense of humor.  In humor, you have suggested something that could be a sublime plot twist if the showrunners were so brilliantly inclined.

6 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

but you said before that the Gold (the real one) arrived  at the gates... and now you are saying that the gold is not the gold  it is the lannister army... I am confused.....

awww I cant be bothered to explain, youll work it out

(the gold did arrive at KL)

29 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

awww I cant be bothered to explain, youll work it out

(the gold did arrive at KL)

I guess my sense of humour is not up to snuff, cause I have no idea what this what about.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:53 AM, Samwell_Tarly said:

I don't think I misunderstood anything quite frankly. It is cut and dry... Tarly: The gold is secure within the gates of kings landing." 

I think you are looking too much into it. This is the HBO writers, not Georgie we are talking about.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:46 PM, KINGpanther said:

Either way Cersei is set for a mad queen moment, using the gold to buy sellswords instead of replacing the lost food.

I think cersei hit the mad queen phase long ago. Ironically she would be better off buying food since trying to hold onto kingslanding while dany lays siege and waiting dany out in the winter would be a smart move. And considering dany just burned a great deal of food she would have to feed her large army with whatever she brought.

Archived