Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

7 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Oh, don't go pining for days gone bye. You wanted waaay more than Marlonious Mack for a QB.

That was when you still had Kap as one of your starters.  And before I was I past my buys.  Markets change over time.  I did get Murray for Bradford back then at least.

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I need a plug and play QB for this week if anyone wants to make an offer. Just a warm body whose actually getting the start, of course.

Have Cutler or Flaccid.  Make an offer.

2 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

That was when you still had Kap as one of your starters.  And before I was I past my buys.  Markets change over time.  I did get Murray for Bradford back then at least.

Uhh, yeah. And I'm the best team in the league by far, so I guess I played it right. :P

35 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Have Cutler or Flaccid.  Make an offer.

Yeah, that Bradford and Snead for Murray sue worked out for me. That said, Murray has mostly been crap outside of like 2 weeks methinks, so it wasn't a huge loss. I already made a deal with WJ for a crap QB, but thanks for the thought.  

2 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

We have another trade.  And a bit of a situation.

Pyro gets Josh McCown, Tom Savage, + Alex Collins
I get Kareem Hunt + JuJu Smith-Schuster

Here's the thing.  Trade was proposed to me at 7:21.  I saw it and accepted at 7:27, which was a couple of minutes after the Thursday game started at 7:25.  The question is whether it should be processed this week, or if it needs to be processed next week.

Pyro clearly did the trade to have a QB this week and for the rest of the season (to replace Watson).  He does not have another QB to fill that spot.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me whether I am starting McCown + Collins this week or if I'm starting Mariota + Hunt.  I'm good with either option.  But I'm guessing that its a pretty huge difference for Pyro, because for him its either a zero at QB + Hunt or McCown + Collins.

We are now 10 minutes into the 1st quarter of the Thursday game.  So obviously that's an issue.  But I think its very obvious who both parties would want to start - its basically self evident.

Will leave it up to the group on what should be done with regard to when the trade is processed.  Please voice your opinion if you have one.  Hopefully, everyone will be as fair and as logical as possible.

@BLU-RAY
@briantw
@Mudguard
@mcbigski
@Bronn Stone
@Tywin et al.
@Week
@PyroclasticFlow
@Pony Queen Jace

I think what would be fair is if your opponent this week and Pyro's opponent this week are both OK with the trade being retroactive, since it directly affects them the most.  If both of them are OK with the trade being applied retroactively, I'm OK with it.

11 hours ago, Mudguard said:

I think what would be fair is if your opponent this week and Pyro's opponent this week are both OK with the trade being retroactive, since it directly affects them the most.  If both of them are OK with the trade being applied retroactively, I'm OK with it.

That sounds fair.

Well since he has tom savage coming in the trade he does have a starter this week.  Obv im biased since im playing him.  We should apply the McCarran rule.  If the hold up was on the comish approving the trade after the players agree thats one thing but doesnt seem to be the case here.

If this one goes against me I will demand a full refund of my league entry fees!

1 minute ago, mcbigski said:

Well since he has tom savage coming in the trade he does have a starter this week.  Obv im biased since im playing him.  We should apply the McCarran rule.  If the hold up was on the comish approving the trade after the players agree thats one thing but doesnt seem to be the case here.

If this one goes against me I will demand a full refund of my league entry fees!

I don't know what this means.  :P

Clarity please.

Obviously my vote means zero since I had to drop the league, but I believe the precedent we established was that kickoff times are sacrosanct except in the case of commissioner approvals or site problems, and even then a note should be posted in the appropriate league thread before the kickoff time.

Yeah, I can understand not wanting to set a bad precedent.  Sometimes, hard line rules are easier.

Would just feel bad for Pyro.  Matter of 2 minutes leaves him without a QB this week.  Thats rough. 

Anyway - need you to make a clear vote, Mcbigski.

I vote against putting players in retroactively and it also appears that is the trade goes through prior to Sunday he will be receiving tom savage who is starting for Houston so its not even like he cant start a QB.

5 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I vote against putting players in retroactively and it also appears that is the trade goes through prior to Sunday he will be receiving tom savage who is starting for Houston so its not even like he cant start a QB.

No - if the trade isn't forced through by the commissioner, then it won't be processed until week 10.

So he won't have Savage.

Thinking about it some more and reading the replies, I think it would be unfair to potentially penalize mcbigski or Blu-Ray for Pyro's error.  Sending a trade proposal for a player that is starting in 10 minutes, to be blunt, seems like a dumb idea.  I don't think there's a reasonable expectation that such a trade would be accepted before the game starts and the player is locked, especially during the work week.  Given what Pyro was willing to give up and get in return, I have a hard time believing that he couldn't work out a deal for a QB that was playing Sunday.  He took a big risk, and it didn't work out.

Would it be fair for mcbigski or Blu-Ray to lose this weeks game over this trade?  Would if be fair if such a loss ended up costing one or both of them a spot in the playoffs?  I'll be honest, if I was in one of their shoes and it cost me a game and a spot in the playoffs, I'd be really pissed that the rules were changed mid-season to benefit another player and cost me a spot in the playoffs.  If we allow this trade, this outcome is a possibility.  Seems pretty unfair to potentially penalize one or two players when they've done nothing wrong.

ETA:  And Bronn makes a good point.  I think this is a bad precedent to set.  If we are allowing trades like this in W-C, shouldn't it be allowed in the rest of the leagues?  If not, then it shouldn't be allowed here either.  

Archived