Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

I feel slighted here.  I was asking Jace about Marlon Mack earlier in the season and now that I'm past my double QB bye week and have qbs to spare she goes and trades Mack for the Brockstar as her spot start this week.  Cutler and Flaccid arent fabulous (though I dig the autocorrect there) but if Osweiler turns out to be the best of the three this week I ll have to bow down to her greatness...

Oh, don't go pining for days gone bye. You wanted waaay more than Marlonious Mack for a QB.

36 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Make me an offer and you can have a personal stake in his upcoming performance.

Oh Brock, sweet Brock

you're on the block

why dost thou suck so much cock?

From Houston to Cleveland to Denver and back

you've been traded so much, I can hardly keep track 

Pony Queen Jace says to make her an offer

but honestly I'm not sure what I should proffer

Two chickens? A goat? A ride in a copter?

All seem too steep for one anemic Brock Lobster

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh Brock, sweet Brock

you're on the block

why dost thou suck so much cock?

From Houston to Cleveland to Denver and back

you've been traded so much, I can hardly keep track 

Pony Queen Jace says to make her an offer

but honestly I'm not sure what I should proffer

Two chickens? A goat? A ride in a copter?

All seem to steep for one anemic Brock Lobster

Tough a thousand years had come and passed

In C ever was one man last

Did not the burden of a world once young weigh

He had no assets to trade away

Falling, falling, falling

Down the power rankings

Allegations of draft day tankings

Each week a new journey was brought

And like JFK were his dreams shot

Never before had one man managed

To oversee a roster so horrifically damaged

With all the world waiting, and still in shock

Do your fucking job and trade for Brock

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

Tough a thousand years had come and passed

In C ever was one man last

Did not the burden of a world once young weigh

He had no assets to trade away

Falling, falling, falling

Down the power rankings

Allegations of draft day tankings

Each week a new journey was brought

And like JFK were his dreams shot

Never before had one man managed

To oversee a roster so horrifically damaged

With all the world waiting, and still in shock

Do your fucking job and trade for Brock

I would not trade for him on a boat

I would not trade for him with a goat

I will not trade for him, Pony Queen

For he can only run the bubble screen 

13 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I would not trade for him on a boat

I would not trade for him with a goat

I will not trade for him, Pony Queen

For he can only run the bubble screen 

Your glibness does you service

Your roster makes me nervous

You need a new Quarterback

'Cause nobody can handle my sack attack

Mooch, this is the Spice. I don't wanna tell you how to fuck your own tree, but I just got word from an anonymous source that you've been given access to way more information than that about the trade that went down.

I hate to put the screws to you, I really do. But the audience wants to know.

What else happened that night last night?

9 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Mooch, this is the Spice. I don't wanna tell you how to fuck your own tree, but I just got word from an anonymous source that you've been given access to way more information than that about the trade that went down.

I hate to put the screws to you, I really do. But the audience wants to know.

What else happened that night last night?

There were horses, and a man got set on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

On top of all that it's been said that the GM of the Scumbags has a voice that could make a wolverine purr, and suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo.

WEFFL Media Insider Spicey here with a Deep-Dive into the state of the Leagues.

Sparks have been flying all over the board's Fantasy leagues today. A few strange trades, rhymes of the tymes, and waning fan participation has many questioning whether Experts commissioner is long for his post.

After assuming the role from JJ last year, Experts Commissioner JaimeL was a popular -if unorthodox- choice with the managers throughout Westeros Fantasy. Early returns were great. Trades and commentary in Experts, B, and C were up massively from last year. But then the cracks began to appear. As one team headed by an incompetent owner skewed the power rankings, there was serious contention about they cutting system and Feeder League Primacy.

The confusion raged into the offseason, with doubt lingering over whether this power mad commissioner had overstepped his bounds. Nonetheless, he endured.

Whether or not the Commissioner has overstepped his bounds, the state of the league is set for this year. One senior member of Experts told me anonymously "there cannot be an over reliance on the Commissioner to make the league exciting. The other owners have a job, okay? Their job is to avoid relegation to feeders. If they don't want to trade, why would they? Fuck Hugor." 

And they're right. It isn't the responsibility of the owners in Experts to be flashy or exciting. Their job is to win the league, and failing that maintain the chance to come back next year. Just look at what it takes to make Experts (barring flukes). You have to win a feeder that most of the Experts participate in. The only way you do that with any consistency is either top-notch drafting, trading, or both.

What I see by the lack of trades in Experts is that we have presently 10 owners who all feel to some degree comfortable. Eight weeks in, the tenth place team is three games out of first place. Everyone has a chance at the playoffs at this point, and they think their roster has what it takes to get them there. Sure, maybe that doesn't give you all the razzle and dazzle, but that tells me we have a somewhat diverse cast of football minds in the league this year. By not fighting over select players, I see evidence that the crossover appeal simply isn't there.

Say what you will about whether it gets your heart racing, I'm eager to see how it all shakes out.

When I asked an anonymous former Experts Manager what he thought about this year's action they said "This year has been no less exciting than any other, except perhaps 2016, in its own way. But regarding the Commissioner... I am capable of only love and hate. And I hate Commissioner Jaime L."

I'm your Spice, you be the life.

So with Rodgers down and now Watson out, looks like I've been bitten by the injury bug this year. It had to happen sooner or later (been playing FF for past 3 years injury free). 

Feel free to send the Greywater Watchers an offer, entire roster is open. Yes that's right every, single, player. Looking for a QB that is passed their bye, and no savagery please ;)

We have another trade.  And a bit of a situation.

Pyro gets Josh McCown, Tom Savage, + Alex Collins
I get Kareem Hunt + JuJu Smith-Schuster

Here's the thing.  Trade was proposed to me at 7:21.  I saw it and accepted at 7:27, which was a couple of minutes after the Thursday game started at 7:25.  The question is whether it should be processed this week, or if it needs to be processed next week.

Pyro clearly did the trade to have a QB this week and for the rest of the season (to replace Watson).  He does not have another QB to fill that spot.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me whether I am starting McCown + Collins this week or if I'm starting Mariota + Hunt.  I'm good with either option.  But I'm guessing that its a pretty huge difference for Pyro, because for him its either a zero at QB + Hunt or McCown + Collins.

We are now 10 minutes into the 1st quarter of the Thursday game.  So obviously that's an issue.  But I think its very obvious who both parties would want to start - its basically self evident.

Will leave it up to the group on what should be done with regard to when the trade is processed.  Please voice your opinion if you have one.  Hopefully, everyone will be as fair and as logical as possible.

@BLU-RAY
@briantw
@Mudguard
@mcbigski
@Bronn Stone
@Tywin et al.
@Week
@PyroclasticFlow
@Pony Queen Jace

Archived